ADVERTISEMENT

It's Game Time! First-half thread for NU-Iowa

Is the announcer really correct that a toe touch is only valid if your “chest is facing out of bounds?”

I predict we have no shot at winning unless we even the turnover margin. They are moving the ball at will.

Iowa seeming to have little problem throwing downfield or kicking FG into the wind.

Seriously what has happened to Paddy Fisher I don't think I've heard his name called once this year

Surprised how conservative the play calls have been given the wind at our backs.

As I say that, Drake Anderson pulls the R-stick back. Great move!

Same play Bowser scored on last week...except Iowa at least looked like they had 11 players on the field.

Great answers...2 drives, 2 TD's. Needed to have them.

Reactions: bjm989
Nice job Cats. Long punishing drive and some guts to go for it on 4th and 3. Trust in the players. Weve got to stop them here but to go into half only down 6 would be a real swing in momentum.

Surprised how conservative the play calls have been given the wind at our backs.

As I say that, Drake Anderson pulls the R-stick back. Great move!

Iowa has stretched its defense out in 2nd quarter. Much more running room.

This season in a nutshell, for me:

I was watching the ticker, and found myself thinking, “Oh! Indiana and Rutgers are playing right now. Interesting!”

Wasn't much of a rush on the first into-the-wind FG attempt...given that Iowa's K has to drive it low and thru the wind, might be a chance to get a hand on it if Iowa has to kick again. **edit - If we put a little more of a rush on

Big that they didn't get a score on the last drive of the half and the first drive of the 2nd half will be extremely big.

/captain obvious

Not having a strong armed quarterback has handcuffed our offensive coordinator. Iowa having no issues throwing into the wind whereas we do.

All I am picturing is Fitz's halftime speech at the Holiday Bowl recalling the Big Ten Championship game. "WE GET THE STOP! SCORE! GET ANOTHER STOP, SCORE!"

Reactions: corbi296 and DaCat
Not having a strong armed quarterback has handcuffed our offensive coordinator. Iowa having no issues throwing into the wind whereas we do.
I think Petras completed about 33 percent of his passes against the wind, and overthrew his receivers multiple times.

Brutal...that's a conservative, almost give-up play call from Iowa on 3rd and long. Ugh.

Wow...great pass pro and good throw from Ramsey thru a not-very open passing window.

And now a sack...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT