ADVERTISEMENT

IU

clarificationcat

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
As much as I enjoy watching NU win and Crean lose, IU should be really good next year. They were starting 2 freshmen as well and they bring everyone back. If they can recruit a big man for next year, they might contend for a title in spite of Crean.

He's got another year and he's not projected in the first round, so I thought he would be back.

I think the smart thing would be to come back reading stuff on the internet (always true, right?), it seems that the people close to him are hinting that he's going to declare for the draft.

Honestly, he is what he is. I'm not sure another year of college makes him any more ready for the NBA. It might be worth staying if the 2016 draft is projected to have less talent than the 2015 draft.

Clarification Cat,

IU has two recruits as of the current date and is ranked no. 60 and NU is ranked no. 54 which I don't agree with because Jordan Ash, Falzon and Pardon had very good senior years and their ranking should improve but since these rankings are based on the prior summer camp's assessments their rankings don't change. IU did get a guy named PF Juwan Morgan who Chris Collins was recruiting hard. I guess he wanted to ride the bench behind soph Troy Williams then more PT at NU. But overall, IU's class is nothing special. Crean is 4-8 v. NU. Maybe that is why he did the fly-by handshake with CC. Or maybe he is sore loser. He was yelling at a UM Assistant Coach after IU got lucky and beat UM two year's ago and had to publicly apologize. He does the same fly-by handshake with Bo Ryan after UW crushes him year after year.

The discussion who will be a preseason favorite next year should begin, but I do not think IU will be there.

Well, I am not going to defend Crean's personality or coaching ability, but that's a talented team that should be better with everyone returning. If we played them 10 times, I think they would beat us 6 or 7 times. Farrell, Blackmon, Williams and Johnson are really talented. They need another front court player to be a very good team.

Say what you will about the man, but Crean's buyout is $12 million this year! He's by far the smartest coach in the Big Ten.

They need to learn to play defense or they're not going to win anything significant.

This post was edited on 2/28 3:14 PM by Gladeskat

Crean is a gracious loser (not). He was sure to point out that Demps and Olah were recruited by BC post game on Wednesday night. The reason why IU has no center is he does not know how to communicate with players and 7' Luke Fischer transferred from IU to go to Marquette. Also one player got drunk and ran over PF Devin Davis. So other than that, Mrs. Lincoln who was your time at the theater.

He is an awful in in-game strategist (see loss to Syracuse in Sweet 16 two years ago).

NU owns him and has gone 8-4 against them.

He also over-recruits players and then runs the players out of Bloomington. See Maurice Creek who transferred to GW.

Rob Judson, former NIU coach and UofI assistant was brought in last year to help him with his coaching.

All in all, IU has made the tourney twice in six seasons. I think you know what IU fans think of that.

And unless someone turns pro or transfers, they will go next year. There is too much talent there. He's taken them to the Sweet 16 twice so it's not like they can't win with him as coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT