ADVERTISEMENT

Javon Freeman

Jeffrey Cat

Jan 29, 2005
I don’t know if you have seen him play. I saw him twice on TV games. He was especially sharp against Loyola down at Valpo. He can handle the ball, drive, moderate range shooter and is very quick. Apparently he was recruited originally by our newest assistant Emmanuel Dildy and they have become quite close. Freeman was first team All State at Whitney Young. I think there is good chance we get him. The only question is can we possibly get the NCAA to wave the one year rule. As you know they did it for Mark Smith on the Illinois to Missouri deal.

I don’t know if you have seen him play. I saw him twice on TV games. He was especially sharp against Loyola down at Valpo. He can handle the ball, drive, moderate range shooter and is very quick. Apparently he was recruited originally by our newest assistant Emmanuel Dildy and they have become quite close. Freeman was first team All State at Whitney Young. I think there is good chance we get him. The only question is can we possibly get the NCAA to wave the one year rule. As you know they did it for Mark Smith on the Illinois to Missouri deal.

Seems like everyone is getting waivers nowadays, but always hard to tell what the NCAA will do.

Nephew of Marcus Liberty, who I understand wants Javon to play for his alma mater. Not sure how much reciprocal interest there is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT