ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Palm/Bracketology has us as a 6th seed

WestCoastWildcat

May 29, 2001
Del Mar, CA
Current projection is 6th seed vs 11th seed Nevada in the West bracket in Columbus, realizing pairings will change based on outcomes in the conference tournament games. I’ve seen Nevada play against San Diego State and this would be a very winnable first round game for us against a Mountain West opponent. It’s interesting where some pundits are placing us in the Big Dance. We definitely helped ourselves with the win over Rutgers. Getting the bye in the BT tourney might help us get additional time to recuperate and do well in the BT tourney and the first round of the NCAA. Playing in a familiar BT arena in the first rounds of the NCAA might also be a plus. Go Cats!

Last edited:
Listen man, the really important thing is that we are placed in the Columbus area of the bracket. Obviously.
The logistics for some of these sites are really hard from Chicago. Columbus or Des Moines certainly the easiest. Fingers tightly crossed we land in one of those, but Des Moines only happens if we're on the 7-8-9 line. Columbus works with a 6.

For those of us west. We want denver or Sacramento.

I priced out Greensboro this am. Two people. One from dc the other denver. 3500 for airfare. 800 hotels. 300 rental car. Yadda yadda.

It’s an expensive prop for fans this year.

The logistics for some of these sites are really hard from Chicago. Columbus or Des Moines certainly the easiest. Fingers tightly crossed we land in one of those, but Des Moines only happens if we're on the 7-8-9 line. Columbus works with a 6.
Columbus would require some expensive flights for me… but that would be an easy trip so I’m game.

Des Moines would be currently untenable. unfortunately.

I will go anywhere for these games.

That said, Birmingham and Des Moines are stretching the definition of anywhere. Can't get to either from out east in a single flight.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I’m rooting for Orlando now I’m not a big pundit knowing how the tourney seeding happens where teams fall but I’ll be in Orlando on a mini fishing vacation starting Wednesday and I leave Friday so I’d buck up the money just to go see them.

I’m probably going regardless but Sacramento would be least convenient for me. Haven’t even bothered looking at prices yet.

I’m obviously rooting for Des Moines, but will be the first to admit that if you aren’t within driving distance, DSM is kind of a pain in the ass to fly into and is typically quite expensive. Not ideal for most fans.

The best would be west region round of 16 and elite 8 in Las Vegas. If that somehow happened I’d imagine 10-20,000 fans in Vegas.

I'd be thrilled with Columbus our Des Moines, everything else gets a bit pricey.

Even from SAN it’s not cheap to fly to Sacramento/SMF. In the not so distant past I could fly that route for around $50, or less! Definite sticker shock with current airfares. Yikes! 😂
You’d think they’d want to entice anyone going there with low prices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT