ADVERTISEMENT

JJTBC for the Hiesman Award

Deeringfish

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2008
Will JJ be considered for the Hiesman his Sr year if he continues on his current pace? If not why? and if so when does the Hiesman hype begin? I enjoyed the Persa strong campaign even if it was a little hoky. What about Walker? Linebackers can get it too , Yes

JJ hasn't put up the kind of numbers yet to merit Heisman consideration. If he rushes for >1800 yards and scores 25 TD's, then maybe.

Walker would have to put up CRAZY stats (e.g., 35 TFL, record is 32 TFL for one season) to be considered for the Heisman as a defensive player.

Persa, on the other hand, put up some stellar numbers (set completion % record) his junior year and was selected all-B1G.

Macafree was surreal last year! We don't want,or need JJ to carry the pill that many times! Warren Long is an absolute beast and Anderson is underrated and my breakout player this year!

And, unless you believe NU will be contending, neither JJTBC nor Ant will receive consideration.......

2017 could potentially be a VERY fun year...

1. QB: JR Thorson will be a third-year starter
  2. RB: SR Jackson a four-year starter and senior leader backed up by Anderson/Moten/Larkin
  3. WR: Another year to gel, led by SRs in Vault and McShepard. This year is crucial in their development, but it is probably a lot to expect a complete 180 from last year's debacle. If we don't see at least noticeable improvement, I would be all for a change in WR coaching.
  4. SB: SR Dickerson will be multi-year starter and JR Taylor should be fully back to game speed
  5. OL: Theoretically high on experience at the most important spots, LT and C (left-to-right, I like JR Hance, JR Doles, SR North, SO Thomas, JR Oxley if I were placing bets today)
  6. DL: SR Lancaster and JR Thompson should be studs inside while a couple guys from the group of SR Washington, FR Carnifax, FR Gooden, SO Gaziano, SO Goens, FR Brown, or FR Kent step up at DE
  7. LB: SR Walker (if he returns) leads a stacked group that would include JR Hall and a whole lot of very interesting younger guys
  8. DB: SR Igwebuike and SR Queiro should be very solid at safety while SR Watkins anchors one CB position with a lot of interesting guys vying for the other spot

The schedule also lines up a bit better than 2016 (crossover games with PSU, @Maryland, and MSU might be difficult but not impossible).

Yeah yeah, I know I've been burned before by circling up "The Year." For now, I will just say that 2017 is lining up as a year where we should be a very experienced, competitive team playing a manageable schedule.

2017 could potentially be a VERY fun year...

1. QB: JR Thorson will be a third-year starter
  2. RB: SR Jackson a four-year starter and senior leader backed up by Anderson/Moten/Larkin
  3. WR: Another year to gel, led by SRs in Vault and McShepard. This year is crucial in their development, but it is probably a lot to expect a complete 180 from last year's debacle. If we don't see at least noticeable improvement, I would be all for a change in WR coaching.
  4. SB: SR Dickerson will be multi-year starter and JR Taylor should be fully back to game speed
  5. OL: Theoretically high on experience at the most important spots, LT and C (left-to-right, I like JR Hance, JR Doles, SR North, SO Thomas, JR Oxley if I were placing bets today)
  6. DL: SR Lancaster and JR Thompson should be studs inside while a couple guys from the group of SR Washington, FR Carnifax, FR Gooden, SO Gaziano, SO Goens, FR Brown, or FR Kent step up at DE
  7. LB: SR Walker (if he returns) leads a stacked group that would include JR Hall and a whole lot of very interesting younger guys
  8. DB: SR Igwebuike and SR Queiro should be very solid at safety while SR Watkins anchors one CB position with a lot of interesting guys vying for the other spot

The schedule also lines up a bit better than 2016 (crossover games with PSU, @Maryland, and MSU might be difficult but not impossible).

Yeah yeah, I know I've been burned before by circling up "The Year." For now, I will just say that 2017 is lining up as a year where we should be a very experienced, competitive team playing a manageable schedule.

I concur. Have been earmarking 2017 for all the same reasons.

GOUNUII

I have my sights set on 2031, when Little Hungry will be a 6'6" 290 DE who moves like a Cat. He will form a bookend duo with MRCAT's love child from a night of unbridled passion in Lagos, where a Nigerian mother gave birth to a child who would grow into a 6'7" 290 lb DE with a 39" vertical and 42 inch arms. Both will be at NU studying neurological engineering and artificial human intelligence. Wrasslers' 4 kids, including triplets named Moe, Larry, and Curly, will be playing the offensive line. Their crazed ramblings at the line of scrimmage and odd internecine communications will be found so unnerving by opposing defenses that Louie's daughter, a spritely 200 lb RB--the first female RB at NU to rush for 2,000 yards--will average 10 yds PC on her way to winning the Heisman over Christian McCaffrey, who had an unprecedented 20 years of eligibility granted in order to win the Heisman, which he lost every year to a RB from the SEC from 2016 through 2029.

Last edited:
Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
I have my sights set on 2031, when Little Hungry will be a 6'6" 290 DE who moves like a Cat. He will form a bookend duo with MRCAT's love child from a night of unbridled passion in Lagos, where a Nigerian mother gave birth to a child who would grow into a 6'7" 290 lb DE with a 39" vertical and 42 inch arms. Both will be at NU studying neurological engineering and artificial human intelligence. Wrasslers' 4 kids, including triplets, will be playing the offensive line. Their crazed ramblings at the line of scrimmage and odd internecine communications will be found so unnerving by opposing defenses that Louie's daughter, a spritely 200 lb RB--the first female RB at NU to rush for 2,000 yards--will average 10 yds PC on her way to winning the Heisman over Christian McCaffrey, who had an unprecedented 20 years of eligibility granted in order to win the Heisman, which he lost every year to a RB from the SEC from 2016 through 2029.

Wow! Well, I'm just going to look forward to both 2017 and 2031. ;)

It's funny to me that, while JJTBC is respected by NU fans, they really seem to have no idea how critical he was and will be to our success. Surely, without the stout defense last year, we'd have lost a ton of games; however, as the only arrow in the offensive quiver most of the time, the guy had huge responsibilities on his shoulders. Dude had more touches (including receptions) than any other RB in the country. That, by itself, is impressive, but given the otherwise feeble passing game and sporadic running threat of Thor, he had a truly special year.

Here's hoping to about 50 fewer touches but better NU offensive success otherwise

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT