ADVERTISEMENT

Kain Colter signs with Bills

If he somehow ends up in Denver, that would be a cool reunion with Trevor.

Colter's toughness impressed me. I had seats close to the action for several games and saw the punishment he'd take play after play. He was not a big guy and would get hammered, but he always bounced up and ran hard on the next play. I found some peoples' negative remarks about Kain to be out of line knowing how much effort he put into football and how much punishment he took as a 5'11 running QB.

Colter's toughness impressed me. I had seats close to the action for several games and saw the punishment he'd take play after play. He was not a big guy and would get hammered, but he always bounced up and ran hard on the next play. I found some peoples' negative remarks about Kain to be out of line knowing how much effort he put into football and how much punishment he took as a 5'11 running QB.

That's a 5-10.4 running QB to you, sir!

Really though, Colter took a LOT of flack around here because his style of QB strayed from the "traditional" spread QB that makes plays with his arm through the air. Kain was truly a great athlete, quicker than fast and somehow had that "slippery" ability to avoid too many direct shots while finishing runs. He could do just enough with his arm to keep defenses honest, but was plenty effective in moving the offense primarily with his legs.

That's a 5-10.4 running QB to you, sir!

Really though, Colter took a LOT of flack around here because his style of QB strayed from the "traditional" spread QB that makes plays with his arm through the air. Kain was truly a great athlete, quicker than fast and somehow had that "slippery" ability to avoid too many direct shots while finishing runs. He could do just enough with his arm to keep defenses honest, but was plenty effective in moving the offense primarily with his legs.

I've said this before, but Kain was born a few decades too late. I would have loved to have seen that guy run a wishbone or option attack in the 1970s.

His accuracy on short passes was also exceptional. He completed 89% of his passes of 15 yards or less. However, he was always looking to run and wasn't accurate on his deep throws. Still, he was an awesome talent to watch live.

Reactions: lou v
I think he will be a really good fit for Buffalo. Buffalo is a pro-union city from its manufacturing heyday so it makes sense. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT