ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas

Can somebody tell me how the Sam Hill Kansas just got 7 Louisiana kids to commit to their 2018 class including 3 4 Stars? Something's rotten in Denmark or someone needs a big pay raise.

Well, there's a free article about it on Rivals...

https://kansas.rivals.com/news/how-the-kansas-coaches-pulled-a-shocker-in-less-than-eight-hours

Biggest thing seems to be RB coach Tony Hull, who was a Louisiana high school coach (and literal NASA engineer, apparently) and cultivated strong ties in the area.

Carry on my four-star son
There'll be cash when you sign on
Lay your weary hands to rest
Don't you Tweet no more

Seriously, I think we all understand the impact a coach / personality can have on recruiting. In some cases, a coach transcends a program's brand or reputation. As much as I hate to say it, Franklin is acing recruiting at PSU. He is building a talent juggernaut there.

I hope Kansas isn't going Baylor on us.
They trying. Just read that 4 or 5 guys on their basketball roster have been charged or are under investigation for sexual assault or battery on a woman. Only one guy has been suspended and of course the NCAA is silent.

Just seems odd that coach 1 year removed out of HS can wield so much influence that these guys jump out of the bayou to plains of Lawrence, KS. Almost Landon "Sonny" Cox like back in the day in basketball. Kansas has been in the team picture for worse P5 program of the last 5 years.

The article states:

The offers lists combined include Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, TCU, UCLA, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Auburn, Arkansas, West Virginia, and many others.

Working this magic, this guy shouldn't be Running Back coach, he should be King.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Just seems odd that coach 1 year removed out of HS can wield so much influence that these guys jump out of the bayou to plains of Lawrence, KS. Almost Landon "Sonny" Cox like back in the day in basketball. Kansas has been in the team picture for worse P5 program of the last 5 years.

The article states:

The offers lists combined include Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, TCU, UCLA, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Auburn, Arkansas, West Virginia, and many others.

Working this magic, this guy shouldn't be Running Back coach, he should be King.

You're right, something smells fishy. Kansas has been a dumpster fire in football since, well, forever it seems. Suddenly turning it around like this makes no sense.

You're right, something smells fishy. Kansas has been a dumpster fire in football since, well, forever it seems. Suddenly turning it around like this makes no sense.

It wasn't too long ago (2007) that they went 12-1 and won the Orange Bowl under Mangino. In 2015, they were 0-12 and by far the worst team in a Power5 conference.

Maybe it's all of that Cajun cooking, Kansas style!

It wasn't too long ago (2007) that they went 12-1 and won the Orange Bowl under Mangino. In 2015, they were 0-12 and by far the worst team in a Power5 conference.
Hey, they beat Texas last year, so they can't be that bad. Or maybe they can...

Can somebody tell me how the Sam Hill Kansas just got 7 Louisiana kids to commit to their 2018 class including 3 4 Stars? Something's rotten in Denmark or someone needs a big pay raise.

If it looks like a duck...

Good luck getting 52 weeks of getting negative recruited against by 'Bama. If more than 3 stick, I would be shocked.

Well, one of them, Nelson Jenkins, got an offer from LSU today and immediately committed to the Tigers.

People said that about us once, too. Maybe their coach dusted off the GB "belief without evidence" speech and - not surprisingly- it still works!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT