ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Golfers Crushing the Field Again at Silverado

No Chores

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2006
Leading again after 2 rounds by 16 shots over second place Texas A&M! Absolutely killing all teams ranked ahead of them.

Looks like this could be a very special season for them.
Through 2 rounds 4 Wildcat players have posted 4 of the tourney's 9 rounds of 70 or better. No other team has more than 1.

Like I said after the last tourney, that is killer depth that could propel the linksters a long way this year.

GOUNUII

Through 2 rounds 4 Wildcat players have posted 4 of the tourney's 9 rounds of 70 or better. No other team has more than 1.

Like I said after the last tourney, that is killer depth that could propel the linksters a long way this year.

GOUNUII
Major meltdown unfolding on the front 9. Cats have squandered 12 strokes to A&M. Team still hasn't made the turn and they are +11 to the Aggies -1.

Ouch! Sure hope they can rebound on the inward 9.

GOUNUII

Major meltdown unfolding on the front 9. Cats have squandered 12 strokes to A&M. Team still hasn't made the turn and they are +11 to the Aggies -1.

Ouch! Sure hope they can rebound on the inward 9.

GOUNUII
The meltdown went all the way to being tied with A&M at +10. But from there the Cats were -1 down the stretch while the Aggies faltered to finish at +16. Cats with the 7 stroke victory.

Li, Lee and Nguyen were awesome down the stretch. Lee with 4 birdies in her last 6 holes.

Nice to see a big time counter punch and comeback in this team.

GOUNUII

The meltdown went all the way to being tied with A&M at +10. But from there the Cats were -1 down the stretch while the Aggies faltered to finish at +16. Cats with the 7 stroke victory.

Li, Lee and Nguyen were awesome down the stretch. Lee with 4 birdies in her last 6 holes.

Nice to see a big time counter punch and comeback in this team.

GOUNUII
Really fun to follow this one. Lee finished tied for second and the 'Cats won their second tournament in a row despite a poor round by their great star Kelly Sim. But that's golf, and her teammates did a great job of covering for her. Two tournament wins in a row against this level of competition is truly amazing. Lady "Cats are very much underrated, and I would expect their ranking to go way up before the Big Ten Tournament and the NCAA's

2 wins in a row is very impressive. I hope the good play continues. I watched NU every day in the Darius Rucker Invitational and Nguyen and Sim stood out, although the team finished 12 out of 17. The only disappointment, as a Long Cove member, was that NU was the only school that did not have letters of thanks from their staff or players posted on the message board outside the pro shop. The Darius Rucker Invitational is considered the "best" women's tournament(Televised by The Golf Channel), other than the NCAAs. Thousands attended the tournament and the players were treated to a concert by DR among other percs. I hope the absence of posted letters reflects an omission from our pro shop

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT