ADVERTISEMENT

Let's celebrate The Scane Train ... Beat Michigan tonight.

I have never played lacrosse. I have noticed that the ladies don't wear helmets like the guys do. Why is this? Don't they get hit on the head with opponents sticks?? Wouldn't it be safer for the girls to have protection from concussions??

I have never played lacrosse. I have noticed that the ladies don't wear helmets like the guys do. Why is this? Don't they get hit on the head with opponents sticks?? Wouldn't it be safer for the girls to have protection from concussions??
Some follow up questions:

1. Why not alternate possessions? The draw control seems to be too big a factor in determining the outcome of a game between competitive teams. Is it to allow teams that are down big to come back by winning a series of draws? If so, why not limit it to the 4th quarter? It’s like doing a jump ball at center court in basketball every time a team scores.

2. The 90 second shot clock seems way too long. Why not cut it to 45? Or max 60? Too much meaningless passing.

3. What’s the deal with the team that shoots the ball past the goal still maintaining possession because a chick is standing behind the goal and stretches her stick out and is closest to the incredibly errant shot? I would give possession to the defending team when he attacking team shoots or passes the ball out of bounds.

4. Too many ticky tack calls that allow for too many free positions. Feels like this slows down the game.

Reactions: NJCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT