ADVERTISEMENT

Lovie and the Illini....

Yes he was. My previous comment was in part pointing out that the Illini haven't been great of late, but also that many posters here are showing their age by throwing out names from the 50s and 60s.

Yes, but the guy's statement was that the program has produced only one player of note, which is false, and the example he gives is Butkus, who played in the '60s. It's a lazy piece by a guy who equates being a smart-ass with cleverness.

Yes, but the guy's statement was that the program has produced only one player of note, which is false, and the example he gives is Butkus, who played in the '60s. It's a lazy piece by a guy who equates being a smart-ass with cleverness.

484.png

get-off-my-lawn-men-s-t-shirt.jpg

News flash: Hack writer on Internet resorts to foul language in headline to generate interest in flim-flam piece.

Just off the top of my head, Jeff George, Simeon Rice, Howard Griffith, Tony Pashos, Kevin Hardy, and Neil Rackers had pretty decent NFL careers.

You kind of make the writer's point. Just look at that list.

Northwestern's list is better than that with Chris Hinton, Jack Rudnay, Irv Cross, Fred Williamson, John Kidd, Steve Tasker, Curtis Duncan, and Otto effing Graham.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT