ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland Game

Reactions: Ubermorgen
This is great news. A bunch of us canceled a trip because of the stupid move to Friday night. Friday night college games suck. I'm not even a big fan of Saturday night college football. Come to think of it 11 AM games kinda suck too. Some where between 1 and 3 is the sweet spot.

I don't think any of the coaches liked the move neither did the High school coaches. That is a lot of coaches and some of them are pretty influential millionaires.

According to Northwestern.edu the MSU game, too, has been returned to its proper day. This was indicated when speaking with the ticket office for renewal and was told that there were no Friday games.

Awesome!

Now if they can only get the Purdue game to start a bit later...I'm at an obligatory training until 2:30. Of course, that makes it a night game doesn't it?

I don't think any of the coaches liked the move neither did the High school coaches. That is a lot of coaches and some of them are pretty influential millionaires.
Maybe one of you ho vehemently post your hate of Friday night college football games can answer me a question? Are their not more high school games played on Saturday afternoons then of Friday nights? Maybe all college games could kick off at 1pm on Saturday or maybe at 4pm so they don't interfere with high school events. Then the TV networks could choose the 4 or 5 games that would be televised. That would likely eliminate NU from being chosen because of it's small fan base and everyone could sit on their comfy couch and watch Michigan, OSU, Alabama, LSU, USC and of course ND every Saturday. Wait just maybe that could be a good thing for NU because since they won't be on TV, their fans would finally fill up Ryan Field.

Maybe one of you ho vehemently post your hate of Friday night college football games can answer me a question? Are their not more high school games played on Saturday afternoons then of Friday nights?

In the state I'm from, 95%+ of high school games are played on Friday night. Are there places where they're more common on Saturdays?

Every Pa. high school I know of in the midstate plays Friday nights. Those few who play Saturday mornings or afternoons are probably doing so because there has been trouble at their night games.

Every Pa. high school I know of in the midstate plays Friday nights. Those few who play Saturday mornings or afternoons are probably doing so because there has been trouble at their night games.
Ditto for Western Pa., with a few on Saturday night as well.

Cool. I just got great seats for the game and would rather go on Saturday. Get your tix now?

Which airport is closest to Maryland?
BWI is a Southwest hub. Cheap flights should be available from many cities. Less likely to hit traffic if arrival is during rush hour(3-7pm)

Dulles is the least convenient

Reagan gets you to the city and its attractions. Metro is available from airport. Southwest has a large presence here also

Mixed reaction from me. I think Friday games are dumb, but I've been waiting for this game and nice MD joined. Just down the road from us. I have to go to a wedding on Sat, I would have been able to go Fri, not Sat.

Merde

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT