ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Alviti appreciation thread

Respectfully, I will discount it, just like coach Stoops did (he acknowledged in the postgame presser, that they were not going to run the ball much anyway, Snell or not, so the Snell ejection did not make a huge difference).

We stoned running backs much better than Snell all year. Our Rush D was 10th in the country coming in , and Snell was not running well up to that point (hence, his frustration that led to the ejection). Do you truly think he was going to do what Barkley and Taylor could not?

Now if KY has lost Johnson for the game, that would have been quite a different story. Tough as nails, not afraid to go right after Hartage with success, and a decent dual threat. Almost won the game for KY.

I think he was saying not to discount the impact of Skowronek’s loss.

Reactions: NUCat320

OK, that's what I thought he ppsted then. Never saw him referred to as Ben, either, just Bennett.

OK, that's what I thought he ppsted then. Never saw him referred to as Ben, either, just Bennett.
Sorry to be vague. Too hard to spell Skowronek.:(

I did think that it was a big loss to NU and the body slam was the first indicator of the kind of game KU was going to play. It set the tone and the refs then were trying to control KU which began to appear to be bias when Shnell was ejected, the refs being human tried to make it look like they were calling things evenly and ejected Paddy. It was a messy game.

I wonder what the results of the game would have been if Snell and Fisher hadn't been ejected and CT hadn't gotten hurt? I guess you just have to deal with the cards you are dealt by the game dynamics? And yes, I thought MAl did pretty darn well given the hand he was dealt for his entire NU football career. Very glad to see him go out a winner!!

We'd have crushed them. Thorson would have shredded KY's secondary as offenses did all year. And we'd have run on them even more.

Paddy would have offset Snell - who was getting stuffed just like Saquon Barkley and Jonathan Taylor.

Wouldn't have been close.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT