ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Nicholson: A big man with big goals for NU

Seems a most impressive young man. Who could not enjoy his conversion from metric weight to pounds?

Nice work, Lou. Don't know him personally but have seem him around a lot. He and his family seem like a great fit for NU.

I'm sure there was more going on behind the scenes, but it didn't seem like his recruiting really took off until after his junior season. Crazy that he didn't have a couple of mid-major offers after his sophomore year, because it was clear to me that he could play.

Another Eschmeyer? Wasn't he kind of underrecruited because he came from a smaller school? We can hope.

Another Eschmeyer? Wasn't he kind of underrecruited because he came from a smaller school? We can hope.

In Nicholson's case, everybody knew that Dan Fife didn't play his bench and would keep his starters in until very late even in blowouts. I was surprised that Oakland and Detroit Mercy didn't offer him right away.

No, Eschmeyer, while yes played at a small school, was the highest rated recruit in NU history until CCC. I believe he was around #56 in one ranking.

I like Nicholson's potential. He is nowhere close to the offensive skill level that Eschmeyer had as a HS senior. Eschmeyer is one of the two or three best pure pivots in the Big Ten over the past forty years. What he did game-after-game against triple teams much of the time was amazing.

He was in the Athlon top 50.
I didn’t want to post before since years ago people questioned it. But I believe EE was ranked 35 coming out of hs.

imagine him in any team of the last decade and I’d Imagine we’d have made multiple tournaments

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT