ADVERTISEMENT

Memba This?

In recognition of this delicious thread, I am going to post an excerpt from a classic piece of post-modern literary thought: The Love Song of J Alfred Pufrock.

Let us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherized upon a table;
Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets,
The muttering retreats
Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels
And sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells:
Streets that follow like a tedious argument
Of insidious intent
To lead you to an overwhelming question ...
Oh, do not ask, “What is it?”
Let us go and make our visit.

In the room the women come and go
Talking of Michelangelo.

....thanks for that lovely poem. Everyone give Hungry a hand. Thanks Hungry.

Stay tuned ladies and gentlemen because next we have a special surprise...a contest of daring and wonder.....

boxers.png

In recognition of this delicious thread, I am going to post an excerpt from a classic piece of post-modern literary thought: The Love Song of J Alfred Pufrock.

Memba this?

Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous -
Almost, at times, the Fool.

I grow old...I grow old...
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Too much literary....not enough masculinity.

That is why you lose in football.

Last edited:
Too much literary....not enough man.

That is why you lose in football in my opinion.
We lost two fewer games than you did this year. Must be better in math too.

And I have known the eyes already, known them all -
The eyes that fix you in a formulated phrase,
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?

Speaking of rock...solid

Tennessee is the most valuable program in the SEC.

This is more anecdotal evidence that NW is out of their league and will lose handily to a team in a real football conference.

Tennessee closed the gap on Texas and Notre Dame while moving up to 3rd overall in the nation on the Forbes list and will soon reside at the top.

The full Forbes list:

1. Texas $152 million
2. Notre Dame $127
3. Tennessee $121
4. LSU $111
5. Michigan $105
6. Georgia $102
7. Ohio State $100
8. Alabama $99
9. Oklahoma $96
10. Auburn $89
11. Penn State $81
12. Arkansas $80
13. Washington $78
14. Oregon $75
15. Florida $72
16. Texas A&M $71
17. Florida State $70
18. South Carolina $69
19. Michigan State $67
20. Southern Cal $66

Speaking of plastic, this example of Northwestern University's spelling aptitude is wrapped in clear plastic.

Maybe Wal-Mart could "ITEGRATE" this Medill School of Journalism degree with the wares on their shelves and sell for the fair market price of $1.99.

z.jpg

In a brave effort to help this thread reach its considerable but as yet unrealized potential, I offer you an analysis of a hypothetical matchup between two icons of modern culture: Godzilla vs. Cholula Lady.

Godzilla_54_design.jpg

cholulalady.jpg

Now, at first glance, this confrontation appears to be an utter mismatch. Godzilla is enormous, powerful, and fierce. He breathes fire. He battles Mothra. He smashes electrical transformer stations and railroad cars like Glades smashes empty cans of Keystone Light. How can Cholula Lady possibly survive?

But Cholula Lady is serene. Cholula Lady is beguiling. Cholula Lady has tasty sauce. But she is also smart. She lures Godzilla close, and then dashes his reptile eyes with pepper sauce. Game over.

Thank you for helping this thread towards it's climax Simple Jack...

dreamworks-simple-jack-retard-movie-offended-people-so-we-took-site-down.jpg

....but this thread will not reach maximum potency for a bit longer.

Outback's gut says you won't be eating free shrimp on 1/2/16.
You're trying to troll, but this is just stupid. Tennessee is the favored team, so Outback gives them the cheaper item. We've won plenty of games as the underdog. I think we'll be eating free shrimp.

Do we need to start reciting T.S. Eliot poems again, or are you going to settle down?

In all seriousness, don't you guys think it's time we talked about the elephant in the room?

yz4nZJD.jpg

In your opinion, is this because the AP is corrupt?

Is this because the AP knows more than the collective wisdom of American football fans, blogs, journalists and Vegas?

Help me understand why they would ask a #12 to play an unranked team. Are they trying to insult NW?

Are they insulting the Big 10?

Are they saying 10-2 in the big 10 equates to 8-4 in the SEC?

Why would a #12 ranked team be unanimously picked to lose to an unranked team?

Something is definitely wrong, but I'm not sure where.

Please discuss and explain your ideas on what is going wrong here and thanks in advance.

Please include in your honest observation of the facts your belief on why they would ask a #12 rank to play another team who is not ranked at all.

Please include the historical context on how many #12 ranked teams were asked to play someone unranked.

...in other words has this ever happened before?

Please include in your honest observation of the facts your belief on why they would ask a #12 rank to play another team who is not ranked at all.

Please include the historical context on how many #12 ranked teams were asked to play someone unranked.

...in other words has this ever happened before?

Bowl tie-in's. That was easy.

Your level of intelligence or your level of understanding is lacking.

You failed to take into account you could have been chosen to play any of 3 other ranked SEC teams satisfying the tie-in, had the powers that be thought you were worthy.

You also forgot to include historical evidence that #12 has ever been asked to play an unranked team before.

Thanks for reply just the same.

Maybe someone else with more credibility could weigh in.

Your level of intelligence or your level of understanding is lacking.

You failed to take into account you could have been chosen to play any of 3 other ranked SEC teams satisfying the tie-in, had the powers that be thought you were worthy.

You also forgot to include historical evidence that #12 has ever been asked to play an unranked team before.

Thanks for reply just the same.

Maybe someone else with more credibility could weigh in.

Because the Outback Bowl knows that Tennessee will sell a shitload of tickets.

That was another easy one. What else you got?

My goodness, is it Friday yet? In honor of this inane thread that refuses to die, I'll post some fitting passages from T.S. Eliot's The Wasteland:

What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow
Out of this stony rubbish? Son of man,
You cannot say, or guess, for you know only
A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief,
And the dry stone no sound of water. Only
There is shadow under this red rock,
(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Additionally, in your well-thought-out arguments, if you could include what this means for the psyche of the NW players.

Will this affect them just a little or will it affect them greatly?

I am sure many if not all of them understand the implications of being 10-2 and playing an unranked team and everyone still thinks they will lose.

Additionally, in your well-thought-out arguments, if you could include what this means for the psyche of the NW players.

Will this affect them just a little or will it affect them greatly?

I am sure many if not all of them understand the implications of being 10-2 and playing an unranked team and everyone still thinks they will lose.

Won't affect them at all.

What else you got?

Hey guys.
When we win the bowl, let's memba this and twenty years from now when Tennessee may be relevant again after another long dormancy, show future Rocky Toppers what educated people talk about (i.e., not our mombas or outdated film).

Won't affect them at all.

What else you got?
I disagree. Have you been listening to Mark Dantoni at all? He puts a chip on his and his team's shoulder about anything. Michigan players put a steak in the ground. Mark [sic] Hart calls them little brother. A media outlet picks them to finish third in the division. You know if Dantoni were coaching Northwestern, he would have the spread and every media pundit picking Tennessee all over the place. It would be NU versus the world. He would get the team pissed off, and NU would go out and win. I think Fitz will do the same thing, NU players will get pissed off and whip some orange hillbilly ass.

Oh, everyone knows.

No one from NW wants to talk about it.

Hence the elephant in the room.

So far, I am very disappointed in the level of philosophical discussion. I expected more from purple Vandy.

ADVERTISEMENT