ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan and Harbough reach new level of weirdness

That looks pretty weird but if that was NU and Fitz was in Harbaugh's spot, I have to admit I'd be thinking how cool it is that the head guy can fool around with his players, secure enough in himself to play the fool and good clean fun.
I hope not to see anymore of that coming out of UM cause deflates the evil image I want to have of them.

That looks pretty weird but if that was NU and Fitz was in Harbaugh's spot, I have to admit I'd be thinking how cool it is that the head guy can fool around with his players, secure enough in himself to play the fool and good clean fun.
I hope not to see anymore of that coming out of UM cause deflates the evil image I want to have of them.

Pretty sure Harbaugh is nowhere in that video.

JH is not part of that video. The obsession with JH is very interesting.

JH is not part of that video. The obsession with JH is very interesting.

Well, Polecat, you do have to admit he's got this creepy-weird shtick going on that can jerk your eyelids open. I mean, sleepover with teenage boys? Text and twitter spats at the least provocation? "Camps at the rate of 1.5 a day (acknowledged that he's only making appearances, his assistant coaches are presumably splitting up to accomplish something meaningful at some of them).

And now this, from some of his team. It's like Harbaugh exudes a Peter Pan "we'll never grow up" aura, and it has begun to infect his assistant coaches and players....

I don't blame NU fans, B10 fans in general, or the media for keeping a wary eye on the dude's antics.

Last edited:
Well, Polecat, you do have to admit he's got this creepy-weird shtick going on that can jerk your eyelids open. I mean, sleepover with teenage boys? Text and twitter spats at the least provocation? "Camps at the rate of 1.5 a day (acknowledged that he's only making appearances at them all, his assistant coaches are presumably splitting up to accomplish something meaningful at some of them).

I don't blame NU fans, B10 fans in general, or the media for keeping a wary eye on the dude's antics.

And now this, from some of his team. It's like Harbaugh exudes a Peter Pan "we'll never grow up" aura, and it's now infecting his assistant coaches and players....

I mean...Lion King? The freaking Lion King? I'm thinking that movie came out when the current college students were young children....

Don't you have some coaches in the SEC to worry about?

If by "not very perceptive" you mean that I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when it appears they may be acting rude and boorish, then yes. Guilty as charged.

I'd say your post about Harbaugh was pretty rude and boorish...considering they were messing around and having harmless fun. Hardly the "Peter Pan, we'll never grow up aura" you presumed him as.

Like I said, if you're that concerned about a B1G coach, there's plenty HC's in your backyard you might want to take a look at...

If by "not very perceptive" you mean that I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when it appears they may be acting rude and boorish, then yes. Guilty as charged.

Yes, VW was being rude and snarky, but his comment was with respect to the fact that "Wildcat" in his handle strongly indicates that he is NOT a fan of any ACC team or the ACC in general as you suggested.

Yes, VW was being rude and snarky, but his comment was with respect to the fact that "Wildcat" in his handle strongly indicates that he is NOT a fan of any ACC team or the ACC in general as you suggested.

You seem to need it, Glade, so I'll explain that particular point more slowly.

I never at any time suggested VirginiaWildcat is an ACC fan. That he is an NU fan goes without saying. Literally, it is too obvious to bother mentioning. At the same time, he purportedly lives in Virginia, or did when he chose the moniker, or grew up there, or for whatever similar reason chose to tie his forum identity to that particular commonwealth.

Here's the tricky part, follow closely. By asking if he were confined by his physical location, in Virginia, to only following ACC football, I made the rhetorical point that we are none of us confined in the teams, conferences and coaches we pay attention to. Not by our physical location, not by our alma mater, and not by our favorite team. In fact, the point was that one can enjoy following teams and conferences from all around the nation, regardless of who they are. The serendipitous fact of his being an NU fan in ACC country absolutely made that point even more clear and potent, much better than if he'd been OhioWildcat or NorthwestEasternIllinoisWildcat.

In short, there are no walls in this "fan" business, unless you choose to erect them yourself. It is near-sighted, one might even say xenophobic, to suggest that we can or should only pay attention to our home team, or home region/conference.

That was the point, Glade. Hope this helps illuminate it for you.

Last edited:

I never at any time suggested VirginiaWildcat is an ACC fan. That he is an NU fan goes without saying. Literally, it is too obvious to bother mentioning. At the same time, he purportedly lives in Virginia, or did when he chose the moniker, or grew up there, or for whatever similar reason chose to tie his forum identity to that particular commonwealth.

Here's the tricky part, follow closely. By asking if he were confined by his physical location, in Virginia, to only following ACC football, I made the rhetorical point that we are none of us confined in the teams, conferences and coaches we pay attention to. Not by our physical location, not by our alma mater, and not by our favorite team. In fact, the point was that one can enjoy following teams and conferences from all around the nation, regardless of who they are. The serendipitous fact of his being an NU fan in ACC country absolutely made that point even more clear and potent, much better than if he'd been OhioWildcat or NorthwestEasternIllinoisWildcat.

In short, there are no walls in this "fan" business, unless you choose to erect them yourself. It is near-sighted, one might even say xenophobic, to suggest that we can or should only pay attention to our home team, or home region/conference.

Well, yeah. That all goes without saying. I just wasn't sure you realized this because, well...you're a Tennessee fan.

Reactions: illini75

As the other Old Dominion monikee on the board, for the 25 years I lived in Virginia, ACC football was unavoidable, but I disliked both Virginia schools for different reasons. My grad alma mater--Bill and Mary's College of Knowledge--played in the FCS CAA and so I followed that conference somewhat. Almost every year, one or more ACC schools would fall to a CAA school (JMU, W&M or Richmond) in non-conference play which brought me a warm glow of schadenfreude. Now that I am back in my native SoCal, my local rooting interest is in whomever is playing U.S.C.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT