ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota throttled by IU

There are some people who view MN's situation as dangerous. Nothing to play for, nothing to lose, no pressure. While we might be nervous.

While that happens I think 8/10 times a team like MN lacks energy when they just lost all hope.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
...and home team, Boo in his last game, a lot still at stake. He will not let NU lose.

I remember way back in 1994 I was visiting non-NU friends in Colorado when NU played Michigan (Fab Five!) in its last regular-season home game of the season. These CU guys who never watched the Big Ten assumed little NU wouldn't possibly win, but I kept saying, "Patrick Baldwin won't let them lose!"

So I was right one time decades ago, and I hope to be right again this Saturday.

I said it in the other thread, but Minn is playing to not have a losing season. I think that motivates them.

I said it in the other thread, but Minn is playing to not have a losing season. I think that motivates them.
Sure, but that’s kind of like “keep the other team out of a bowl” motivation. It’s something to play for, but not *that* much. I’d be much more concerned if they weren’t so bad last night.

That's the type of thing you tell yourself to get motivated for the game. But, in the end, in most cases, your brain does not buy it and you lack focus.

Last year I caught the Rutgers in the 1st round of the NIT. They did not lack effort, but it felt palpable they were deflated. They got bounced by a worse team.

Reactions: NUCat320
Very simple. We win...we in. If that and the fact that is the last home game for our goat isn't enuf...I am not sure what is?? Please students be our 6th and 7th players and give our players a jolt of energy!! I say we can win and shock the college basketball world/ BIG conference and get back to the dance 2 years in row!! Let's frickin go!!!

Very simple. We win...we in. If that and the fact that is the last home game for our goat isn't enuf...I am not sure what is?? Please students be our 6th and 7th players and give our players a jolt of energy!! I say we can win and shock the college basketball world/ BIG conference and get back to the dance 2 years in row!! Let's frickin go!!!
If I were a student, I'd already be planning my entire weekend around this game. Get the studying done early, go up to Welsh-Ryan hours before the game to make sure you get a good spot. Make a sign if they'll let you bring one in. Plan on spending the post-game drinking/partying and Sunday hungover but happy.

Reactions: DaCat and mickbula
If I were a student, I'd already be planning my entire weekend around this game. Get the studying done early, go up to Welsh-Ryan hours before the game to make sure you get a good spot. Make a sign if they'll let you bring one in. Plan on spending the post-game drinking/partying and Sunday hungover but happy.
Look man, students will show up and be rowdy. Looking at the prices online, the game is hot, tickets went from 2/3 of the Iowa game prices to the same. We will not lack support.

But, in case we do not, my wife is going to be there. And she's the type of girl who hopes both teams have a good time.

Reactions: DaCat and SmellyCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT