ADVERTISEMENT

Montre @ Combine

Better not to risk putting a slow time on the record if top-end speed is the biggest knock against you.
I am sure.he is following the advice of his agent There may be teams that know he is hurt but still wanted to see him run. Hopefully he can run better on pro day.

And one apparently can’t live up to promises.
That wasn't a shot Jango spent a considerable amount of time last quarter with Montre. It was like when u said Jango wasn't playing because he wasn't good when I knew he wasn't playing because he wasn't cleared by his surgeon Many times I couldn't respond because of insider information I have a player on the team who is close to many players and Jango and I are very close

That wasn't a shot Jango spent a considerable amount of time last quarter with Montre. It was like when u said Jango wasn't playing because he wasn't good when I knew he wasn't playing because he wasn't cleared by his surgeon Many times I couldn't respond because of insider information I have a player on the team who is close to many players and Jango and I are very close

I’m not the one who publicly swore off the boards.

I’m not the one who publicly swore off the boards.
LOl, I swore off because my son was on the team Now he is retired, but still hangs out with many of the players There is no conflict now I would think having someone that knows what is going on with the team and players is good for the boards It has to be better than someone guessing usually with a negative twist. And I could have been a weenie and made up a screen name and stayed anonymous

LOl, I swore off because my son was on the team Now he is retired, but still hangs out with many of the players There is no conflict now I would think having someone that knows what is going on with the team and players is good for the boards It has to be better than someone guessing usually with a negative twist. And I could have been a weenie and made up a screen name and stayed anonymous

Doesn’t change the fact that you swore off the boards and couldn’t live up to that.

That’s nice.
I love the Wildcats players, coaches and members of this board. If I can be a positive contributer to this board then I will . I feel a responsibility to combat negative lies with the truth. I don't have to agree with others to like and respect them, and hopefully they feel the same way If you go back and look at things you and I disagreed on, you will see it is good that I contribute Often times you are guessing and usually with a negative spin. Just like Montre, how many times have you spoken to him? Montre is probably one of the nicest hardest working players to ever wear purple, he made a choice to run his 40 and ran not such a good time .You have no clue as to what made him come to the decision he did to run it You have no idea the work he put in to get ready for the combine I would hope after the Jango debacle you would try to have a more positive perspective on our players instead of constant negativity Just remember whatever any of these players do, it far exceeds what you did as a player. My son has expressed many times how hard Montre works, what great character he has, and his willingness to help others. Montre is also an extremely intelligent person with lots of great people around him wanting to see him obtain his dreams helping him with this process. There is no sense in you and I bickering, besides it is against the board rules. I am on here to support our players and coaches. I am extremely grateful to the Coaches players, and fans for the experience Jango and I had being part of the Wildcat family The Wildcat Nation is the absolute best place for a student athlete. Everyone took a bad situation for Jango and tried to make it as painless as possible His teammates still treat him as family and the coaches check on him and make sure he is doing well The strength staff runs his rehab and gives him workouts The best decision Jango and I ever made was to become Wildcats. I am grateful and very proud of our players and coaches and I want everyone associated or thinking of becoming a Wildcat to know there is no better place for them. And I did say we would be in tye B1G Championsip way back when . Gocats!!

Last edited:
I love the Wildcats players, coaches and members of this board. If I can be a positive contributer to this board then I will . I feel a responsibility to combat negative lies with the truth. I don't have to agree with others to like and respect them, and hopefully they feel the same way If you go back and look at things you and I disagreed on, you will see it is good that I contribute Often times you are guessing and usually with a negative spin. Just like Montre, how many times have you spoken to him? Montre is probably one of the nicest hardest working players to ever wear purple, he made a choice to run his 40 and ran not such a good time .You have no clue as to what made him come to the decision he did to run it You have no idea the work he put in to get ready for the combine I would hope after the Jango debacle you would try to have a more positive perspective on our players instead of constant negativity Just remember whatever any of these players do, it far exceeds what you did as a player. My son has expressed many times how hard Montre works, what great character he has, and his willingness to help others. Montre is also an extremely intelligent person with lots of great people around him wanting to see him obtain his dreams helping him with this process.

I also enjoy watching our guys succeed so had the combine on all day to watch Hartage work out hoping he would blow it out of the water. He clearly didn’t. I said if he wasn’t healthy he shouldn’t have run and that advice otherwise was bad advice.

Not exactly earth shattering, nor a shot at the kid.

I also enjoy watching our guys succeed so had the combine on all day to watch Hartage work out hoping he would blow it out of the water. He clearly didn’t. I said if he wasn’t healthy he shouldn’t have run and that advice otherwise was bad advice.

Not exactly earth shattering, nor a shot at the kid.
Yeah it isn't like telling the boards a player isn't playing because he isn't any good, when in reality he is hurt or and not cleared to play.

Yeah it isn't like telling the boards a player isn't playing because he isn't any good, when in reality he is hurt or and not cleared to play.

Don’t need or want to rehash that. Remember the concept of being a “positive contributer [sic]?”

I gave my opinion on the relevant topic. You brought in the personal stuff.
My point was that he has experts advising him They do this year in and year out Possibly they figured two chances at a 40 were better than one You aren't anywhere near that level of athlete, so you don't understand their mindset either I remember Connor Barwin having a great combine. He was advised by everyone to not run a 40 at his Pro Day because his combine time was very good Connor felt he could do better and went against everyone's advice He did run the 40 on Pro Day and it was faster. His stock jumped up from that second 40 Had he ran it slower, everyone would be questioning why he ran that against everyone's advice Connor felt he could do better and did. It doesn't always turn out like this.

My point was that he has experts advising him They do this year in and year out Possibly they figured two chances at a 40 were better than one You aren't anywhere near that level of athlete, so you don't understand their mindset either I remember Connor Barwin having a great combine. He was advised by everyone to not run a 40 at his Pro Day because his combine time was very good Connor felt he could do better and went against everyone's advice He did run the 40 on Pro Day and it was faster. His stock jumped up from that second 40 Had he ran it slower, everyone would be questioning why he ran that against everyone's advice Connor felt he could do better and did. It doesn't always turn out like this.
I enjoy having you on the board. I suggest putting CGC2003 on ignore. You guys aren't good together.

...and I think those experts were wrong. Whether or not I was anywhere near that level of athlete is completely inconsequential and I am pretty confined to the 80+ hours per week I spent around them gave me a pretty good idea as to their mindset, but either way it’s somewhat hilarious to me that you continually try to hang your son’s accomplishments over my head.

Was Barwin hurt the first go or just didn’t feel he performed his best? Makes a huge difference.

I enjoy having you on the board. I suggest putting CGC2003 on ignore. You guys aren't good together.

I get along just fine with guys who aren’t puffing their chest at every opportunity and keep my wife’s name out of their mouth.

I get along just fine with guys who aren’t puffing their chest at every opportunity and keep my wife’s name out of their mouth.
When have I puffed my chest ? You trashed my son long before you trashed my gf. And then continued to trash him You were so anti Jango that everyone got to see your bias towards my son when you said he wasn't playing because he wasn't any good Most realized my son started for a high school team that would put a running clock on your D3 college team

If his agent told him to run with a bad hamstring, he needs a new agent.
You seem to have a lot of free time on your hands, based off your voluminous posts alone. If you know so much, maybe you should register as an agent and call Montre & others to provide your expertise?

It’s such easy money and the decisions are so apparent, apparently.

Reactions: CrippleCat
When have I puffed my chest ? You trashed my son long before you trashed my gf. And then continued to trash him You were so anti Jango that everyone got to see your bias towards my son when you said he wasn't playing because he wasn't any good Most realized my son started for a high school team that would put a running clock on your D3 college team
I’m not aware of this more combative history involving your better halves, but I think we should all agree to keep critiques of spouses / significant others / children / family members off the boards. I for one post enough nonsense that I don’t need other posters mocking my family members. I’m a big boy and a big enough target as it is.

Lou: could we add this as a rule, right after “don’t dominate the conversation”?

Last edited:
You seem to have a lot of free time on your hands, based off your voluminous posts alone. If you know so much, maybe you should register as an agent and call Montre & others to provide your expertise?

It’s such easy money and the decisions are so apparent, apparently.

Because I have very few hobbies and no inclination.

At every turn.

And I’m allowed to have my opinions.

Still never trashed your girlfriend, but don’t let facts get in the way of a good rant.

And still lording your son’s accomplishments over me. Hilarious.

GCG should be on ignore permanently. )
Well, I don't agree with that. I enjoy the contributions of both posters but they are oil and water and it has become personal between them and I don't think it adds to the overall conversation. I really do wish them both well and look forward to each one's contribution but something is twisted too far here.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Geezus, enough already.

Ever consider extending that sentiment to the guy who’s publicly sworn off the boards at least once only to return and insists on inserting his since-medically retired son into the conversation at every possible opportunity?

Well, I don't agree with that. I enjoy the contributions of both posters but they are oil and water and it has become personal between them and I don't think it adds to the overall conversation. I really do wish them both well and look forward to each one's contribution but something is twisted too far here.

Only one of us makes it personal. Every. Single. Time.

Ever consider extending that sentiment to the guy who’s publicly sworn off the boards at least once only to return and insists on inserting his since-medically retired son into the conversation at every possible opportunity?
Why, no idea if he sworn off, but so what if he did. As they say, it’s a free board. He is entitled to post as long as it adheres to the loosely enforced rules. You can’t ban yourself.

Sometimes it is right to let it go instead of insisting on getting in the last word. Pretty sure you would defend your kid, so how about a little tolerance? You might not realize nobody wants to read this back and forth and it destroys what was a decent conversation by getting heated. That’s all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT