ADVERTISEMENT

Montre @ Combine

Montre apparently improved on his time at today's pro day. Fitz said he had him at 4.45 but that was unofficial.

Much better... almost like maybe he shouldn't have put the 4.68 out there, eh?

Who's to say he would have run a 4.45 on the pro day without running first at the combine? What if the only time he ran, he ran a 4.68 and he waited until the pro day to run it? That would have been a really bad result.

Glad to see he had what appears to be a better time in the pro day. That gives teams something to believe in if they like him otherwise.

Who's to say he would have run a 4.45 on the pro day without running first at the combine? What if the only time he ran, he ran a 4.68 and he waited until the pro day to run it? That would have been a really bad result.

Glad to see he had what appears to be a better time in the pro day. That gives teams something to believe in if they like him otherwise.
I thought it was unofficial.

We know he was running hurt at the combine. We know he had some time to heal before the pro day. We know he ran faster at the pro day.

This isn’t hard.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat

I am sure he figured two tries were better than one Montre has been nursing his injury for quite a while. Some acting as though an injury he's been nursing for months miraculously got better in a week to fit what they said as being correct is rediculous Running it at the combine evidently didn't reinjure or aggravate his injury so running it twice only benefited him Montre decided to run it twice so it would appear his decision paid off . Congrats to Montre for having faith in himself and doing what he needed to do to acheive his goals. The 4.6 he ran doesn't hurt him at all if he officially ran a 4.4 at Pro Day If a poster is going to claim he is right because the decision of the player (which he said made a mistake running twice) paid off, what can anyone say? If he ran slower same poster would claim it was from running twice. Some people have to always be right I personally could not care less of who was correct I am just extremely happy Montre choices paid off

Last edited:
We know he was running hurt at the combine. We know he had some time to heal before the pro day. We know he ran faster at the pro day.

This isn’t hard.

How do we know he was running hurt? How do we know that he was healed up? We don't even know that he officially ran a faster time.

It's much harder than you think. Understanding the difference between what you know and what you "know" is a crucial skill.

I just hope that Montre put up a good enough time to get strong consideration from NFL teams if that's his focus.

Reactions: Gladeskat
How do we know he was running hurt? How do we know that he was healed up? We don't even know that he officially ran a faster time.

It's much harder than you think. Understanding the difference between what you know and what you "know" is a crucial skill.

I just hope that Montre put up a good enough time to get strong consideration from NFL teams if that's his focus.
My son hung out with Montre most of last quarter. Montre played a good portion of the season injured. But you are correct on this post Nobody knows how he felt on combine day and his thought process. He may have felt 100 % on Combine Day If he did indeed run a 4.4 at pro day then his decisions paid off It is easy for some on here to spin anything they want in a negative light then claim they were correct no matter how it turned out Montre is one of the hardest working and best teammate to ever wear purple He will help out anyone who comes to him for help. I am hoping his pro day was as successful as posted. Most the players I have talked to said if they felt well at the combine they would have run twice as to give themselves two bites at the apple I also asked a scout and he agreed he should run twice if he could

My son hung out with Montre most of last quarter. Montre played a good portion of the season injured. But you are correct on this post Nobody knows how he felt on combine day and his thought process. He may have felt 100 % on Combine Day If he did indeed run a 4.4 at pro day then his decisions paid off It is easy for some on here to spin anything they want in a negative light then claim they were correct no matter how it turned out Montre is one of the hardest working and best teammate to ever wear purple He will help out anyone who comes to him for help. I am hoping his pro day was as successful as posted. Most the players I have talked to said if they felt well at the combine they would have run twice as to give themselves two bites at the apple I also asked a scout and he agreed he should run twice if he could

I hear you. Just was curious how GCG was justifying "knowing" Montre ran hurt while ignoring the other insights you offered.

All that said, I hope he ran a great time at his Pro Day and that he has the career that he wants. It's been a real pleasure watching him play.

I hear you. Just was curious how GCG was justifying "knowing" Montre ran hurt while ignoring the other insights you offered.

All that said, I hope he ran a great time at his Pro Day and that he has the career that he wants. It's been a real pleasure watching him play.
No matter how Montre ran at Pro Day it would have been proof GCG was correct It is hard knowing what is going on with the program and see someone stating false opinions that are wrong and acting like they are facts. They are usually negative too. Watching my son go thru football and NU scholastica makes me truly appreciate these young men Their workload is very demanding. I wish all of them nothing but success

Reactions: Gladeskat
339q6hw.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT