ADVERTISEMENT

More sex crimes @ Tenn

While it seems Fitz does a really thorough job of evaluating recruits and their backgrounds ...odds are every program will end up with some incidents with some players that were not predictable. More concerning to me is the allegations against administration on supporting athletes accused of sexual harassment including the Peyton Manning incident which is truly disturbing.http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395?cid=bitly. While you may not be able to predict the behavior of young kids , a planned cover-up or support of their illegal behavior indicates way more about your institution and culture.

Crowder's actions, if proven guilty, are inexcusable.... But no other UT player has been convicted of anything.

The current lawsuit against our campus culture is money grab and nothing more. It doesnt look like Tennessee will settle either...

One other note, any player accused of any sexual assault was immediately suspended from all team activities. Not sure what else the football program can do...

Crowder's actions, if proven guilty, are inexcusable.... But no other UT player has been convicted of anything.

The current lawsuit against our campus culture is money grab and nothing more. It doesnt look like Tennessee will settle either...

One other note, any player accused of any sexual assault was immediately suspended from all team activities. Not sure what else the football program can do...
Same b.s. as usual... the woman is at fault, a money grabber or a liar. How about going after the rapist with as much vigor. Better yet stop recruiting these kind of kids just because they are V.G. football players.

NU has had its share of black marks (Xavier Meinefield recently, and Lundy), but the sexual misconduct is a whole different level. The question is whether the institution responds appropriately, and whether or not the culture fosters this type of environment. UT is not Penn State--yet, IMHO. But this is ugly.

A better job not bringing in guys who commit sexual assault?

Same b.s. as usual... the woman is at fault, a money grabber or a liar. How about going after the rapist with as much vigor. Better yet stop recruiting these kind of kids just because they are V.G. football players.

Again, who on our team has been convicted of such crime? Surely you can differentiate between being accused and being convicted.

I am not defending Crowder at all... But guys like Von Pearson (already cleared of any wrong doing), AJ Johnson, Peyton Manning, etc. haven't been convicted of any sexual assault. Manning's accuser signed an affidavit in 2003 saying he only mooned her and there was not physical contact. AJ Johnson is currently standing trial...

No one is defending rape.

NU has had its share of black marks (Xavier Meinefield recently, and Lundy), but the sexual misconduct is a whole different level. The question is whether the institution responds appropriately, and whether or not the culture fosters this type of environment. UT is not Penn State--yet, IMHO. But this is ugly.
What did Xavier do?

RockyTop read through the recent article from the NYdaily news on the whole Peyton incident and then tell me you feel the same way. My sister in law is in and has been in love with Peyton forever. I did not have the heart to send her the article .http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395?cid=bitly. As far as the sexual assault, I am willing to let it play out to its conclusion. Plus I see this as a bigger issue than just UT

RockyTop read through the recent article from the NYdaily news on the whole Peyton incident and then tell me you feel the same way. My sister in law is in and has been in love with Peyton forever. I did not have the heart to send her the article .http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395?cid=bitly. As far as the sexual assault, I am willing to let it play out to its conclusion. Plus I see this as a bigger issue than just UT

I have read it and calling it one sided is the under statement of the century. This issue has been handled more than once but because social media wasn't around then we are churning an old story. Here is a good peice that denounces King's article...

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...-peyton-manning-and-dumb-people-online-021616

This comes as a surprise? SEC behavior at its finest.
This strikes me as an incredibly untrue statement. The Big Ten is college football's undisputed leader in pedophilia.

The sec leads in lots of things, but not this one.

Ol ROckytop ...always consider your source....as you did not find mine trustworthy......I did not find yours trustworthy.....FOXSPORTS who makes a little bit of money off the NFL is salivating at getting Peyton to be a commentator after he retires...only happens if he is squeaky clean. It is not that it happened when he was 19 ...well because he was 19 and the maturity line goes up and down at 19 but that he and his family tried to recreate the narrative again when they wrote a book. But here is a comment from an article on Deadspin

Q. Let me be very clear there. It was not just his behind, his rear end, that was on your face, but his genitalia was in your face?

A. That’s correct. It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the testicles, and the area in between the testicles. And all of that was on my face when I pushed him up and off. And it was like this and as I pushed him up to get leverage, I took my head out to push him up and off.

... I pushed him off of me and I said, “You’re an ass.”

Within hours, Naughright said, she reported the incident to the Sexual Assault Crisis Center in Knoxville. Rollo found out what happened, saw that she seemed truly upset and bothered by what had happened, and asked her not to call the police. He also tried to “fix it,” the facts of the case document says, by helping Manning come up with the story that he actually had been trying to moon teammate Malcolm Saxon and that what had happened was an accident.
I do not think this is going to go away. Why would someone put herself to this type of scrutiny and exposure ? This comes up again in the Title IX lawsuit. I dont think UT is a loner or that even NU has not had their moments and none of us like to hear bad things about things we care for.....but best to acknowledge,correct and move on. and yes by god you were the better football team this year and your current quarterback is probably more representative of your university and alums than the yahoos involved in this other stuff.

Ol ROckytop ...always consider your source....as you did not find mine trustworthy......I did not find yours trustworthy.....FOXSPORTS who makes a little bit of money off the NFL is salivating at getting Peyton to be a commentator after he retires...only happens if he is squeaky clean. It is not that it happened when he was 19 ...well because he was 19 and the maturity line goes up and down at 19 but that he and his family tried to recreate the narrative again when they wrote a book. But here is a comment from an article on Deadspin

Q. Let me be very clear there. It was not just his behind, his rear end, that was on your face, but his genitalia was in your face?

A. That’s correct. It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the testicles, and the area in between the testicles. And all of that was on my face when I pushed him up and off. And it was like this and as I pushed him up to get leverage, I took my head out to push him up and off.

... I pushed him off of me and I said, “You’re an ass.”

Within hours, Naughright said, she reported the incident to the Sexual Assault Crisis Center in Knoxville. Rollo found out what happened, saw that she seemed truly upset and bothered by what had happened, and asked her not to call the police. He also tried to “fix it,” the facts of the case document says, by helping Manning come up with the story that he actually had been trying to moon teammate Malcolm Saxon and that what had happened was an accident.
I do not think this is going to go away. Why would someone put herself to this type of scrutiny and exposure ? This comes up again in the Title IX lawsuit. I dont think UT is a loner or that even NU has not had their moments and none of us like to hear bad things about things we care for.....but best to acknowledge,correct and move on. and yes by god you were the better football team this year and your current quarterback is probably more representative of your university and alums than the yahoos involved in this other stuff.

Peyton's incident was brought up in the title IX lawsuit because the lawsuit needed a smoking gun. It needed attention. The other players mentioned help the plaintiff's cause because they are much more recent, but we have yet to find a guilty verdict. Even though no guilty verdicts have been made, any player accused was immediately suspended from all team activities... Not sure what else the program can do?? There might be some items that need adjusted from the universities side, but it is not a conscious effort to favor one party or the other... Peyton being mentioned is a crock though... Do you really think a 20 year old incident is in any way relevant to issues about sexual culture on campus?

King is running a total smear campaign against Peyton and multiple media sources have put into writing what a hack job it is. Naughtright changed her story 7 years later. There are legal documents to prove it. Period. And the case was settled.

Housed within the previous linked article is another solid piece detailing King's shortcomings. If you dont want to read it all, the quote below captures the message quite well.

"As to the rest of the latest article, King continues to erroneously blurs the line between allegation and proven, undeniable fact. Just because something is presented by one party to a lawsuit as factual doesn’t mean it actually happened. All evidence in a disputed case must be vetted through the judicial process, culminating in a jury hearing conflicting evidence and making decisions. That never happened in this case, because the case settled."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-down-in-his-crusade-against-peyton-manning/

Peyton's incident was brought up in the title IX lawsuit because the lawsuit needed a smoking gun. It needed attention. The other players mentioned help the plaintiff's cause because they are much more recent, but we have yet to find a guilty verdict. Even though no guilty verdicts have been made, any player accused was immediately suspended from all team activities... Not sure what else the program can do?? There might be some items that need adjusted from the universities side, but it is not a conscious effort to favor one party or the other... Peyton being mentioned is a crock though... Do you really think a 20 year old incident is in any way relevant to issues about sexual culture on campus?

Well, she got a $300K settlement from the school, didn't she? That's a lot of money for nothing.

Well, she got a $300K settlement from the school, didn't she? That's a lot of money for nothing.

Yes, the case was settled. It was a lot less money than it would have taken to fight it in court...

I am honestly a little confused on whether the $300 was paid by the University for sexual harassment or it was paid by Peyton when Naughright sued for defamation.

Either way, the premise behind settling with her doesnt change.

Yes, the case was settled. It was a lot less money than it would have taken to fight it in court...

I am honestly a little confused on whether the $300 was paid by the University for sexual harassment or it was paid by Peyton when Naughright sued for defamation.

Either way, the premise behind settling with her doesnt change.

Settlement doesn't mean the allegations weren't true. I find it hard to believe that NOTHING took place with Manning given the amount of sworn testimony/affidavits regarding the incident.

Settlement doesn't mean the allegations weren't true. I find it hard to believe that NOTHING took place with Manning given the amount of sworn testimony/affidavits regarding the incident.

No one is stating that nothing happened. Manning admits in his book what he did... The fact that Naughright changed her story 7 years later, after Manning was drafted and making millions, combined with the fact that she has sued other millionaires, tells me all I need to know.

No one is stating that nothing happened. Manning admits in his book what he did... The fact that Naughright changed her story 7 years later, after Manning was drafted and making millions, combined with the fact that she has sued other millionaires, tells me all I need to know.
However you obviously don't want to know the truth. There seems to be some other things coming out regarding the Manning clan. Do the PID's delivered to his home under his wife's name ring a bell? BTW, what are you doing still hanging around here, shouldn't you be checking the VOL boards to see if they will have enough players to fill out the roster.

Settlement doesn't mean the allegations weren't true.

Correct. Settlement is done to avoid costly (and unpredictable) litigation. The general public is under some impression that things go to trial when they are in question, and are settled when one side clearly is at fault. That couldn't be further from the truth. Something like 95%+ of filed civil cases settle before trial.

How did her story change? I have never seen anything that states that her story changed.

Correct. Settlement is done to avoid costly (and unpredictable) litigation. The general public is under some impression that things go to trial when they are in question, and are settled when one side clearly is at fault. That couldn't be further from the truth. Something like 95%+ of filed civil cases settle before trial.

Here's another thing. The 2003 filing essentially summarizes the previous action and even includes snippets of the depositions from the original case. The "new" information was Manning: A Father, His Sons, and A Football Legacy.

How did her story change? I have never seen anything that states that her story changed.

As mentioned previously, she signed an affidavit in 1996 that had no mention of physical contact. The physical contact portion of the story began in 2003.

The original affidavit can be read here.

However you obviously don't want to know the truth. There seems to be some other things coming out regarding the Manning clan. Do the PID's delivered to his home under his wife's name ring a bell? BTW, what are you doing still hanging around here, shouldn't you be checking the VOL boards to see if they will have enough players to fill out the roster.

I just thought I would drop by. I thought some here would be loving the trouble the Tennessee program is experiencing right now... Looks like I am correct.

And we will be fine in 2016. Only one player on our current roster is in trouble. FWIW.

Does Tennessee orange match prison orange? Seems like Tennessee prisons could save a few dollars and just have the players bring their UT gear with them to jail.

I guess orange is the new orange

Reactions: Fitz51
Please stick around. I for one enjoy having other fans to talk to. Don't let some of our grouches chase you away.

Yes, because that is the only important thing in the end.

Your program is filthy and your hayseed fans are worse.

Have a good one!

Knew this type of response was coming. I am not condoning anything that has gone on... But once you step back and look at it, I think it is easy to see that Butch Jones is doing everything he can to run a program of good moral character.

Any player accused of assault, sexual or otherwise, is immediately suspended from all team activity.

1. Von Pearson: Accused of sexual assault, not charged. Case closed.
2. Treyvon Paulk: Accused of assault, dismissed from program. Not charged, case closed.
3. AJ Johnson: Accused of forcible rape, trail ongoing. Most think a conviction is highly unlikely.
4. Mike Williams: Cited in same incident as AJ Johnson.
5. Mack Crowder: 5 felony charges and it looks like he will be charged given the information out there right now. Very surprising coming from Mack to say the least...
6. Alexis Johnson: JUCO newcomer, been on campus just a couple months and already in trouble. Accused of assault. We will see if he is charged.
7. Drae Bowles: Rumored to have been "beaten up" for helping the rape victim of AJ Johnson's case... Our volquest mods have stated that those they trust in the program believe this to be blatantly false. (of the record, I have heard from players on the roster that his girlfriend was the alleged victim and got caught cheating on him and pulled the rape card... other players on the team were highly displeased at how Drae handled it, but no physical harm was ever done to Drae).

Is this far too much activity for the program? YES. But as I have stated, anyone accused is suspended. Anyone accused is kicked off the team. Of the 7 items listed, I anticipate 2 convictions. I do not want to sound like I am defending any of the guilty actions by any means...I only post this to quantify what our football program is doing to try and run the program the right way.

Wow, there is sure a lot of interest in the UT program by NU fans. I just hope this isn't sour grapes because the Wildcats were handed one of the worst bowl losses in their history by UT.

Wow, there is sure a lot of interest in the UT program by NU fans. I just hope this isn't sour grapes because the Wildcats were handed one of the worst bowl losses in their history by UT.
I would say this "interest" comes from so many Vol fans posting on our board...

Reactions: Fitz51
Knew this type of response was coming. I am not condoning anything that has gone on... But once you step back and look at it, I think it is easy to see that Butch Jones is doing everything he can to run a program of good moral character.

Any player accused of assault, sexual or otherwise, is immediately suspended from all team activity.

2. Treyvon Paulk: Accused of assault, dismissed from program. Not charged, case closed.
3. AJ Johnson: Accused of forcible rape, trail ongoing. Most think a conviction is highly unlikely.
5. Mack Crowder: 5 felony charges and it looks like he will be charged given the information out there right now. Very surprising coming from Mack to say the least...
6. Alexis Johnson: JUCO newcomer, been on campus just a couple months and already in trouble. Accused of assault. We will see if he is charged.
7. Drae Bowles: Rumored to have been "beaten up" for helping the rape victim of AJ Johnson's case... Our volquest mods have stated that those they trust in the program believe this to be blatantly false. (of the record, I have heard from players on the roster that his girlfriend was the alleged victim and got caught cheating on him and pulled the rape card... other players on the team were highly displeased at how Drae handled it, but no physical harm was ever done to Drae).

Is this far too much activity for the program? YES. But as I have stated, anyone accused is suspended. Anyone accused is kicked off the team. Of the 7 items listed, I anticipate 2 convictions. I do not want to sound like I am defending any of the guilty actions by any means...I only post this to quantify what our football program is doing to try and run the program the right way.

There seems to be a lot of smoke coming from Knoxville these days, and I believe where there is smoke there is usually fire. However I do not personally single out UT as being unique in the matter of criminal sexual behavior by its athletes, I think it is sadly a part of the general American sports culture that glorifies athletic achievements at all costs, and has been for a while. It is not unique to the SEC either, although the SEC is a major offender. This does not excuse UT, which seems to have some real problems that they need to address, but which they will probably try to sweep under the rug and try to move on.

It would appear character or back ground checks are not part of the recruiting practice at UT. Way too many incidents to claim you are doing what you can to reduce it. Sure Jones is taking action AFTER incidents but what are the proactive steps UT takes? I personally like Jones, but he will need to take steps to clean this up or he will forever be suspending played and defending his program to the media.

No, we're just awestruck by the outstanding commitment of the UT young men in their sexual assaults on fellow Tennessee students. Do you sing a fight song when committing these rapes?

Reactions: NUCat320 and Fitz51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT