ADVERTISEMENT

My Top 30 CFB list heading into 2017 season ...

cidsports

Nov 8, 2001
  1. Alabama
  2. Florida State
  3. USC
  4. Washington
  5. Clemson
  6. Oklahoma
  7. Penn State
  8. Ohio State
  9. LSU
  10. Wisconsin
  11. Oklahoma State
  12. Stanford
  13. Michigan
  14. Florida
  15. TCU
  16. Virginia Tech
  17. Louisville
  18. Georgia
  19. Oregon
  20. Miami-FL
  21. Utah
  22. Tennessee
  23. Northwestern - same position they ended 2015
  24. Auburn
  25. South Florida
  26. Kansas State
  27. Texas A&M
  28. West Virginia
  29. Notre Dame
  30. Colorado

1. Alabama
  2. Florida State
  3. USC
  4. Washington
  5. Clemson
  6. Oklahoma
  7. Penn State
  8. Ohio State
  9. LSU
  10. Wisconsin
  11. Oklahoma State
  12. Stanford
  13. Michigan
  14. Florida
  15. TCU
  16. Virginia Tech
  17. Louisville
  18. Georgia
  19. Oregon
  20. Miami-FL
  21. Utah
  22. Tennessee
  23. Northwestern - same position they ended 2015
  24. Auburn
  25. South Florida
  26. Kansas State
  27. Texas A&M
  28. West Virginia
  29. Notre Dame
  30. Colorado
My crazy predictions...

Penn State, LSU, and Notre Dame are not on this list at the end of the year.

My crazy predictions...

Penn State, LSU, and Notre Dame are not on this list at the end of the year.

Penn State finishes outside Top 30, along with LSU, who has back to back Top 25 finishes.

Notre Dame is there simply because they are the #29 program over past 10 years. LSU is #9 program over past 10 years.

PSU played above level in 2016. First Top 25 finish, since 2009 for Nittany Lions.

Texas hasn't finish in the Top 25, since 2009. I say earn it after 5-7 in 2016. Open with Maryland.

I agree with Penn State and ND. I don't know anything about LSU.
New coach Ed Orgeron. Great recruiter and good motivator. I am not sure he is up to SEC level in terms of actually getting a team ready to play on any given Saturday. His last foray into the SEC West was years ago at Ole Miss. Ended up with recruiting violations and a less than stellar record.

Reactions: StreamCat
New coach Ed Orgeron. Great recruiter and good motivator. I am not sure he is up to SEC level in terms of actually getting a team ready to play on any given Saturday. His last foray into the SEC West was years ago at Ole Miss. Ended up with recruiting violations and a less than stellar record.
Orgeron's bio pic looks like a mug shot. He's from Louisiana, though, and will recruit SEC territory very well.

Orgeron's bio pic looks like a mug shot. He's from Louisiana, though, and will recruit SEC territory very well.
I agree that he will recruit well. But I will be interested in how he does in wins and losses by the end of the season. In the SEC West, recruiting alone is not going to do it. He has to recruit and put together winning game plans against extreme competition.

I agree that he will recruit well. But I will be interested in how he does in wins and losses by the end of the season. In the SEC West, recruiting alone is not going to do it. He has to recruit and put together winning game plans against extreme competition.
That goes for every coach in the SEC, except possibly Mason at Vandy. Expectations are unreal. This isn't Lake Wobegon, where everyone is above average. In the SEC West, there's Alabama and then there's everyone else, though they all think they can be like Alabama. Sumlin will be out at A&M if he has another 4-4 conference record. The job security is rough, but at least they make good money.

Possibly true but will "recruiting violations" once again pop up?
Probably, but what does that matter? Players and recruits tweet pictures of fancy cars and stacks of cash, with no consequences. UNC created fake classes for players and received no punishment. Hugh Freeze is still at Ole Miss even after all the violations that program has confessed to. When was the last time the NCAA came down hard on a program for recruiting violations?

Possibly true but will "recruiting violations" once again pop up?
I personally will be surprised if they don't. He has too long of a track record and other SEC schools boosters hire private detectives to try and torpedo their opposition.

Players and recruits tweet pictures of fancy cars and stacks of cash, with no consequences. UNC created fake classes for players and received no punishment. Hugh Freeze is still at Ole Miss even after all the violations that program has confessed to.
Spoke too soon. ;)

I personally will be surprised if they don't. He has too long of a track record and other SEC schools boosters hire private detectives to try and torpedo their opposition.
Too true. Slimy conference, delusional fans, priorities WAAAY out of whack . . . you can have it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT