ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska told Joe Burrow he wasn't good enough to play for them

In fairness to them, even Urban Meyer and OSU had no idea this guy would be this good and they watched him practice every day. If they had thought he would be this good, they would have never let him transfer.
The just thought Haskins was better. met numerous Buckeye fans who were crushed Burrow departed. They knew he was awesome

The Joe Burrow Revenge Tour is a sight to behold.
Goes to show how having a chip on one's shoulder can be such an important part of being successful. Outwork the other guys. Want it more. Alex Bregman of the Astros wears #2 because he was the second pick in the 2015 MLB draft. He's still driven by the fact that he wasn't taken first. He wants to be the best.

Goes to show how having a chip on one's shoulder can be such an important part of being successful. Outwork the other guys. Want it more. Alex Bregman of the Astros wears #2 because he was the second pick in the 2015 MLB draft. He's still driven by the fact that he wasn't taken first. He wants to be the best.
He wants to be the best, and he's willing to bang loudly on as many garbage can lids as it takes.

Last edited:
Not true at all.

What’s not true at all? Are you telling me Meyer knew Burrow was going to be a Heisman trophy winner, first pick in the NFL draft and still let him transfer? That would make him an idiot. I don’t think Meyer is an idiot.

You're probably an old man so I get that you know who he is but younger people may not.

Michael Jordan probably has one of the highest levels of name recognition on the planet, even among young adults. And certainly among those who care enough to comment or read a NU sports message board.

I thought you were clarifying it wasn’t the actor Michael B. Jordan.

Reactions: NUCat320
Michael Jordan probably has one of the highest levels of name recognition on the planet, even among young adults. And certainly among those who care enough to comment or read a NU sports message board.

I thought you were clarifying it wasn’t the actor Michael B. Jordan.

Young people don't know he was a basketball player. They just think he's the guy that makes shoes.

In fairness to them, even Urban Meyer and OSU had no idea this guy would be this good and they watched him practice every day. If they had thought he would be this good, they would have never let him transfer.

Actually Meyer knew Burrow would be Good, which was why he recruited him when few others would at the FBS Power 5 Level. In 2016 Burrow was ahead of Haskins on the depth Chart. In 2017 Burrow broke his hand I never camp and Haskins passed him. Going into 2018 Meyer kept saying that it was really close, it's everyone else who didn't believe in Burrow. "Letting" Burrow transferwas the right thing to do. It worked out for both OSU and LSU.

Actually Meyer knew Burrow would be Good, which was why he recruited him when few others would at the FBS Power 5 Level. In 2016 Burrow was ahead of Haskins on the depth Chart. In 2017 Burrow broke his hand I never camp and Haskins passed him. Going into 2018 Meyer kept saying that it was really close, it's everyone else who didn't believe in Burrow. "Letting" Burrow transferwas the right thing to do. It worked out for both OSU and LSU.

I didn't say Meyer didn't know Burrow would be good. I said Meyer didn't know Burrow would be this good. As I said earlier, there is no way that Meyer would have let Burrow transfer if he thought he had the potential to win the Heisman and be the number 1 pick in the NFL draft. Meyer is not an idiot.

Last edited:
See what a change in both OC and Offensive Philosophy can do to a team and qb’s performance

Booty got Orgeron to stop being old school and opened the O up

He’s doing a heck of a job that Frosty.

I believe Joe was referencing when Pelini had turned down offering him a scholarship and he ended up at Ohio State. A lot of Nebraska fans wanted Pelini to offer him, but it never happened. Pelini was fired and I think Riley looked for his quarterback and landed Patrick O'Brien at the time, so I don't think Riley went after Burrow either. Frost may have been able to pick up Burrow in the transfer portal, but he had landed Martinez right away and also had Vedral transferring in as well along with having Gebbia and Bunch on campus.

Reactions: whoboppin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT