ADVERTISEMENT

New Asst Coach?

I still want one guy who is a recruiting beast so I say, like I did last year, Ron Ianello.

I still want one guy who is a recruiting beast so I say, like I did last year, Ron Ianello.

Interesting choice (it's Rob BTW). I'd prefer someone with ties to NU if possible. I wonder which side of the ball they would consider? Possibly a full time special teams guy? Will be interesting to see what transpires.

Interesting choice (it's Rob BTW). I'd prefer someone with ties to NU if possible. I wonder which side of the ball they would consider? Possibly a full time special teams guy? Will be interesting to see what transpires.

What does a full-time special teams guy do most of practice?

Just curious why ties to NU? With so little turnover in our staff, I would like to see someone with new ideas and insights from another successful program.

I guess after his bowl loss Saban needs another coach on the sidelines as the current roster of coaches and a couple of dozen "advisers" apparently weren't enough.

-Technically, it's which end of the ball. Wouldn't it almost have to be offense?

Just curious why ties to NU? With so little turnover in our staff, I would like to see someone with new ideas and insights from another successful program.

I'm partial to succesful NU grads as they are waking testaments to the program and school in recruiting. If they are at another program (i.e McGarigle, Ayeni, Netter) and have ties to NU why wouldn't they bring new ideas and insights with them from the programs where they currently coach? Not sure the two are mutually exclusive.

Agree, ideally bringing in some new, high end successful blood. I'm biased, but someone from tOSU program would be my hope.

and, Go Cats !!

Reactions: FrancisSearle75
I guess after his bowl loss Saban needs another coach on the sidelines as the current roster of coaches and a couple of dozen "advisers" apparently weren't enough.
yah, about one employee per athlete was not enough

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT