ADVERTISEMENT

Next visit

IGNORE2

Mar 12, 2005
I’m back again 3/6. Thinking a trip to Mich St and maybe catch the Cats at home on the 9th. Anyone think they might be up for a trip to Izzo’s house? @PurpleWhiteBoy - is my +/- trend improving?

Just did my research - fly into KLAN (PPK - this is the airport for you) but n under an hour from Gary. Like MN - it will be an in out trip. I get in that morning to Chicago. Do the flight to MSU and then return same day.

Tickets bought. Fingers crossed the weather doesn’t screw me.

And update - flying to Chicago Executive to pick up someone, have two seats left. Anyone want to go see the Cats in Spartan town? PWB? My +/- has to be looking good - I even gave up drinking since food poisoning at Disney (unrelated, just trying to speed up recovery…)

It’s a there and back - with the time change, should be a very reasonable return time.

@IGNORE2 this is a super compelling idea. I’m in Seattle and probably can’t swing the time. Also awaiting a response to my jury questionnaire (it’s an auto insurance civil case and I have sued insurance companies in my recent past, so I can’t imagine I’m getting sat). Contemplating …

Reactions: IGNORE2
Hey Plow - you in?

I’m hoping to meet the Kid from Holland too.

Still a seat or two available depending on what plow does. Anyone any wander into enemy territory and root on the Cats?

Hey Plow - you in?

I’m hoping to meet the Kid from Holland too.

Still a seat or two available depending on what plow does. Anyone any wander into enemy territory and root on the Cats?
Can't manage it this week. Picked up a can't-miss meeting late on Friday. Wheeeeeeee! Will catch you sometime though!

Reactions: IGNORE2
Sad but fun night. I’ll do my non Bb thoughts here.

Met ThatKid - nice guy. Never knew I had been bantering with him since he was in high school. Very much a numbers guy - surprised he doesn’t get deep as PWB into the stats. We chatted through halftime. If I wasn’t flying back - I would have taken him for a drink after the game. Next time.

Fun story. I pull into the FBO at Executive, get out to fetch my friend when she comes bouncing out on the tarmac with about 8 guys in NU gear. They clearly have the Citation (small jet) as their ride. We through the Go Cats and tease a bit (I offer to race them for pink slips). Before I climb into my plane, young guy comes over, sticks out his hand, introduces himself and asks my name.

Let me tell ya that Jacob Schmidt does not look like a bruising B1G RB. Fit, but quite slim. And what a nice guy. I hope we cross paths again. He also saw me at half time and made a point to say hi.

I lost the race. Twice. But, @PurpleWhiteBoy , I nailed four more landings - two in the dark so my +/- has to be on the rise…

Sparty has a nice house. They were unrelenting on Boo for his air ball for way too long. The place gets very loud - except when they shoot FTs. You could hear a pin drop. And the food is fantastic. I think it has become my favorite away arena.

Hope to see a few of you Saturday. I’ll be going w hdhtr. @Hungry Jack - you going? You are on my list of guys to meet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT