ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year

Wildcatfootball12

Sep 3, 2011
I'm still so fired up about these BS calls I need to think about next year to calm my nerves

1- BMac, Ash
2- Lindsey, Brown
3- Falzon, Ivanauskus, Gaines
4- Law, Skelly
5- Pardon, Benson

Mark Smith? Any word on him? 247 has him coming to us, he could take over for BMac after spending one year as his understudy, and would really help to take 5-7 minutes away from his load each game

That team ^ is really fricking good, and as we saw today, we are ready for the big stage

Go Cats

Yeah but injuries! You already know it's gonna happen.

And Allstate Arena? Talk about screwing the pooch. Potentially our very best team ever and they're playing... there?! Chris had better stay in Evanston for 10 more years for that renovation to pay off for the reloading effort, because after we lose Lindsey and McIntosh, he will definitely have to reload with some special talent that hopefully a new arena and practice facility will seduce to the Purple Wild Side.

If they were smart they would promote and make available for season tickets for next year or even the following year right now - strike while the iron is hot. I'd be really tempted to bite actually if I had 3 fewer kids.

Yeah but injuries! You already know it's gonna happen.

And Allstate Arena? Talk about screwing the pooch. Potentially our very best team ever and they're playing... there?! Chris had better stay in Evanston for 10 more years for that renovation to pay off for the reloading effort, because after we lose Lindsey and McIntosh, he will definitely have to reload with some special talent that hopefully a new arena and practice facility will seduce to the Purple Wild Side.

Actually, I think they could make some long term hay out of next year's excellent team playing at Allstate arena. It is a well know arena that is easier access to many people who current haven't much inspiration to make the trip to Evanston. Some guys also will be able to fly into games with out even packing a toothbrush with discount last minute flight prices.

If this is truly CHICAGO's B1G team, then a team that Chicago can be proud of is coming to town. Next year's team will be very good and the year after we will still have Law and Pardon, while I expect Benson to continue to develop not to mention the talented guys who were injured this year.

Need a couple of big guys. Thicker guys.
We will be fine at the 5 next year. Pardon will improve and he's already a very good player. Benson has progressed very nicely and a year in the weight room will work numbers. I have no worries at the pg wings or 5 spot. The 4 and bench depth will be the deciding factor in how far we go in the tournament.

Allstate could be a nice home-away-from-home for us. Easy access to tollways and the Kennedy expressway. Great parking accessibility. Beer at the concessions. We could pick up a lot of local non-NU affiliated fans in the process.

I don't think Law will be playing the 4. He definitely will not be guarding the 4 since he's our best perimeter defender. Falzon and Rap will likely play the 4 with Skelly. Fallon is taller than Law and has 20 plus pounds on him. The question will be if he can guard the other team's 4 and rebound. He is certainly no Sanjay but he should stretch the floor and contribute more offensively.

Need a couple of big guys. Thicker guys.

100% disagree. Collins offense works better with more athletic quick 5s. I don't think we're looking for the next Olah. I'm not even sure Collins would have offered the center from Gonzaga. That's not our system. You need to be thinking Golden State these days, not Patrick Ewing. Basketball has evolved from that.

So starting lineup guaranteed with no injuries will be 1.Bmac 2.Lindsey 3.Law 4. No clue I think a very interesting debate could be Skelly or Falzon. Really depends on progression. I discount RI cuz I've never seen him play nor am I good at judging players based on highlight tapes. 5. Pardon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT