ADVERTISEMENT

No BMac on the floor....what did people think?

Medill90

Jan 30, 2011
What was your take on the ball handling?

What did you think of the half court offense without a ball dominant guard?

Is there any advantage that as the season goes on, teams will have to prepare for different guys bringing the ball up?

If you look at turnover %, or turnovers/40 min adjusted for usage rate, Ash was slightly worse than BMac last year. Your argument is worn out and wrong Wrassler. And worn out. And wrong...

I don’t miss him!

Let’s give Mac some respect. He was a pass first point guard who could drive. Our offense was stale at times but he also helped us get to our first NCAA tournament and that no one else has done. Let’s cut the derogatory crap

He was not a good perimeter shooter and not a good defender. I liked his personality more than his ability. Sometimes we confuse the two.

I wonder if the offense was stale due to him or due to coaching. I guess we will find out. It doesn’t really seem like anybody knows what our offensive philosophy is.

I know it's a weak list, but is there any possibility BMac isn't a top three PG in the modern history of NU? McKinney, Thompson and BMac in no particular order.

I HAVE to be forgetting someone, but I'm not sure there's even a close fourth.

Geno? Better talent than than BMac and Thompson, but two years doesn't cut it.

Baldwin? The anti-BMac defender, but could never come close to taking over a game even for a few minutes.

Who am I forgetting that deserves a mention? I need help on the early 80s and 70s guys.

I know it's a weak list, but is there any possibility BMac isn't a top three PG in the modern history of NU? McKinney, Thompson and BMac in no particular order.

Baldwin? The anti-BMac defender, but could never come close to taking over a game even for a few minutes.

Who am I forgetting that deserves a mention? I need help on the early 80s and 70s guys.

Jenkins was great...late 70's/early 80's

All-time school leader in assists. First PG to lead us to the NCAAs. A team that absolutely could not function when he wasn’t on the floor. Yeah...no ability there. :( unreal...We truly have have some seriously sh*tty fans.

In what world does saying ‘I liked his personality more than his ability’ mean ‘no ability?’

He was our best player at times but it was his personality that really impressed me. He was a hard worker, a positive thinker, a playmaker on a team without playmakers. That he fell short in some areas—and saying that he did—is not saying he had ‘no ability.’ Your post is completely wrongheaded and inappropriately profane.

As the team continues to improve, we can’t forget the contributions of Mac, Scottie, and Sanjay. But they were not perfect players and it does them no credit to be anything but objective about why we loved them or why we wished they could have been even better.

He was our best player at times but it was his personality that really impressed me. He was a hard worker, a positive thinker, a playmaker on a team without playmakers. That he fell short in some areas—and saying that he did—is not saying he had ‘no ability.’ Your post is completely wrongheaded and inappropriately profane.

As the team continues to improve, we can’t forget the contributions of Mac, Scottie, and Sanjay. But they were not perfect players and it does them no credit to be anything but objective about why we loved them or why we wished they could have been even better.

That was a heck of a spin job after crapping on him....

Parker?

He was not a good perimeter shooter and not a good defender. I liked his personality more than his ability. Sometimes we confuse the two.

I wonder if the offense was stale due to him or due to coaching. I guess we will find out. It doesn’t really seem like anybody knows what our offensive philosophy is.
I will love Mc forever.

He was 20 when he came in, and I don’t think he got much better while he was at NU. But he was plenty good, and, along with Law, one of the ten most important players in program history.

Think there will be some struggles as the players get used to their new roles (and playing w/ each other in those roles).

But then we may see a more dynamic O when the shot clock is winding down.

Never understood why the staff didn't correct BMac when he would wait too long to start his drives (which often resulted in a bad, hurried shot either by BMac or whomever he had dished it off too, as there wasn't time for a secondary pass and possibly a better shot).

But BMac wasn't the only one who did this repeatedly, Demps would also be frustrating in this dept. (of course, it made for a great highlight when the shot went in).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT