ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern inching up in the AP Poll - At #29 Cats top #30 Duke and #31 Penn State

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
NU with 21 votes, Duke with 7, and Penn State with 5.

The only three teams between us and a top 25 ranking in the AP are BYU (27 votes); USC (57 votes); and Wisky (64 votes.)

Here is the link:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Edited to add:

The Coaches poll follows suit with the exception of Navy getting votes between NU and the #25 slot. Penn State lands at #34.

Link:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Last edited:
On paper we have a decent chance to run the table the rest of the way with Wisky being the biggest obstacle. At 10-2 that would have us ranked in the top 15 before our bowl game.

On paper we have a decent chance to run the table the rest of the way with Wisky being the biggest obstacle. At 10-2 that would have us ranked in the top 15 before our bowl game.

With Clement back and a defense as good as any NU has faced this year, Wisky becomes a very big obstacle. Penn State this week will be tough enough.

With Clement back and a defense as good as any NU has faced this year, Wisky becomes a very big obstacle. Penn State this week will be tough enough.
Every team we have left has played at least one game this season where they played well enough to beat NU. We have played well enough at times to beat all of them.

We need to string together four solid games to close out the season.

I like our chances better against Wisky than PSU.

I like our match ups against Ped State. I think if our DL shows up to play we will control the LOS and be able to make plays to disrupt Hackensack. On offense, looking for Thorson to continue to improve, JJ to go over 100 yds, and CJ to rediscover his hands.

Depends which Penn State team shows up. They're much more erratic than Wisconsin.

You mean it depends which NU team shows up. PSU has a very good DL and if we generate any run offense we are in good shape. If our D shows up like the first few games we get turnovers, if not Barkley eats us up. PSU looked awful against Temple and against Maryland, but stellar against Illinois. We were terrible at home against Iowa and the second half performance was one of the worst in recent member. Of course, against Stanford we looked like world beaters. It's likely that one of the teams doesn't show up this weekend and the board either goes to Euphoria or total meltdown.

You mean it depends which NU team shows up. PSU has a very good DL and if we generate any run offense we are in good shape. If our D shows up like the first few games we get turnovers, if not Barkley eats us up. PSU looked awful against Temple and against Maryland, but stellar against Illinois. We were terrible at home against Iowa and the second half performance was one of the worst in recent member. Of course, against Stanford we looked like world beaters. It's likely that one of the teams doesn't show up this weekend and the board either goes to Euphoria or total meltdown.
Fitz's record coming off a bye is terrible. Could be coincidence but if you are wondering what team shows up, it makes me a little nervous.

Fitz's record coming off a bye is terrible. Could be coincidence but if you are wondering what team shows up, it makes me a little nervous.

He has never beaten an FBS opponent. But most of those games have been against OSU, MSU or UoM, so perhaps he gets a pass. Nevertheless, PSU is playing well now and will be a difficult challenge. Pat shouldn't have any problem getting his team focused this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT