ADVERTISEMENT

not quite with the big boys yet...

I think Davison jumped on the Wisconsin offer because Northwestern got a better guard to fill up their guard scholarship for the year and that will be Ecats prediction!!!

Go Ecat!!!

Reactions: NUThump
I think Davison jumped on the Wisconsin offer because Northwestern got a better guard to fill up their guard scholarship for the year and that will be Ecats prediction!!!

Go Ecat!!!
Why not? It is futile to believe the worst instead of the best when there is no evidence either way.

1) NU has had a few recruiting battles with players choosing between NU and UW over the last 5-10 years. To me, one of the signs of true change will be if the Cats win a couple of these battles. Between Kaminsky, Brust, Gasser and now Davison (off the top of my head), get a couple of those guys and things are different.

2) The purple face-painted fan in me wants to believe a couple top-60s are possible. But the realist in me understands you gotta show something - anything - before these guys usually sign on the dotted line.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed ... Goodwin and/or Eastern ... please, please, please, please, please. But the reality is what does the staff find after that? It's obvious they can recruit at this level, but they need more to back it up.

1) NU has had a few recruiting battles with players choosing between NU and UW over the last 5-10 years. To me, one of the signs of true change will be if the Cats win a couple of these battles. Between Kaminsky, Brust, Gasser and now Davison (off the top of my head), get a couple of those guys and things are different.

2) The purple face-painted fan in me wants to believe a couple top-60s are possible. But the realist in me understands you gotta show something - anything - before these guys usually sign on the dotted line.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed ... Goodwin and/or Eastern ... please, please, please, please, please. But the reality is what does the staff find after that? It's obvious they can recruit at this level, but they need more to back it up.

They need to win some games against the upper echelon of the Big Ten. It would be very hard to pick NU over Wisconsin, for example. Really, picking NU over any team except Rutgers and Minny is a tough call. All Big Ten schools are excellent.

Attention seeking E Cat will say that Davison was not one of the "big developments." Cue in 3... 2... 1...

If you must have some more precision, then what I can say is that I'm talking about talent that is far more local than Minnesota.

My fingers are crossed too Sec 112!

Hopefully, they can convince Eastern to stay home. That will keep the recruiting momentum going.

Hopefully, they can convince Eastern to stay home. That will keep the recruiting momentum going.

I don't think I've seen this reported yet on this site...but NU has offered 4-star guard Dwayne Cohil from the Cleveland area. Cohil says this about the NU offer in the linked article:

“Coach Collins is a great guy and so are the rest of their coaches,” Cohill said. “I love their playing system. It is a full on guard system. They run everything through the guards with the pick-and-roll system and spreading the defense. It is also a great school for academics. That would be a great place for me.”

Per the article, Cohil has offers from Ohio State, West Virginia, Penn State, Northwestern, UNLV, Stony Brook, Toledo, Youngstown State and Cleveland State. "He said other schools such as Illinois, Purdue, LSU and Vanderbilt have also been in contact recently."

http://northwestern.247sports.com/Article/Cohill-hopes-to-emulate-LeBron-James-winning-ways-46285654

His conference that he plays in has a couple of schools pretty close to me, so I intend to check him out a few times this season (as long as NU stays interested).

His conference that he plays in has a couple of schools pretty close to me, so I intend to check him out a few times this season (as long as NU stays interested).
Wear your NU gear boldly. I found I drew all kinds of attention going to Rodrick Campbell's football games wearing my best purple. I got to meet his mom and dad and many people who were active football supporters came up and introduced themselves to me. At first they may have thought I was somebody like a scout but even as a fan they really appreciated me coming out and since I behaved myself, I think it reflected well on NU.

Every grain of sand helps to tip the scales.

Wear your NU gear boldly. I found I drew all kinds of attention going to Rodrick Campbell's football games wearing my best purple. I got to meet his mom and dad and many people who were active football supporters came up and introduced themselves to me. At first they may have thought I was somebody like a scout but even as a fan they really appreciated me coming out and since I behaved myself, I think it reflected well on NU.

Every grain of sand helps to tip the scales.

I wore NU gear every time I went to see Gavin Skelly play when he was in HS...he had already committed, but still wanted to show support for his decision. It probably opened the door for him to come up and introduce himself to me before one of his games.

I wore NU gear every time I went to see Gavin Skelly play when he was in HS...he had already committed, but still wanted to show support for his decision. It probably opened the door for him to come up and introduce himself to me before one of his games.

I was surprised at how much more fun it was to see games with an NU commit playing.
I highly recommend it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT