ADVERTISEMENT

Man was WIS bad in that game

hdhntr1

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2006
They kept shooting themselves in the head. Too bad we could not have faced them when they were playing like that

Reactions: DaCat
They looked very sloppy and disorganized the entire game, an awful showing overall.

They looked very sloppy and disorganized the entire game, an awful showing overall.
Their fans weren’t much better at the game. One of them yelled at us early to sit down (I ignored him).

Good for JMU. I’ll be cheering for them against Duke.

I recall watching the Selection Show, and they had the camera on the Badgers when they revealed their opponent. Man, that squad looked crestfallen when they saw JMU listed on that bracket. The last time I've seen that kinda awkward/compelling was seeing video of FSU not get announced to the football playoff.

That being said, I was really surprised to seeing the Badgers just fail out there after seeing them handle us in the BTT.

AJ Storr looked like an All-B1G player against us. He'd have been last pick at Blomquist the way he played yesterday...

• Haha
I recall watching the Selection Show, and they had the camera on the Badgers when they revealed their opponent. Man, that squad looked crestfallen when they saw JMU listed on that bracket. The last time I've seen that kinda awkward/compelling was seeing video of FSU not get announced to the football playoff.

That being said, I was really surprised to seeing the Badgers just fail out there after seeing them handle us in the BTT.
JMU is really good. There's a reason they were 31 - 3 on the season. They were the better team and deserved to win.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver

No consistency. Coach is over-rated and had no answers or adjustment.

No consistency. Coach is over-rated and had no answers or adjustment.
Most of that I believe is related to how good JMU is. In addition to very good offense, they play excellent defense. They are very athletic and I really couldn't see many adjustments that were available to the Badgers.

Yep, ridiculous right JMU would finish middle of the pack at worst in the BIG in my humble opinion
Is it? They had only two quad 1 games and went 1-1. They had only one quad 2 game all year and lost it. The rest was all quad 3 and 4. A completely untested team, tough to give them seed credit over a bunch of teams who played radically more challenging schedules. But they still got one of the best AQ seeds and a classic 12-5 “prove it” matchup. Dont think you got any respect due to your soft schedule? It’s the tournament, here’s Wisconsin, go make your statement.

Most of that I believe is related to how good JMU is. In addition to very good offense, they play excellent defense. They are very athletic and I really couldn't see many adjustments that were available to the Badgers.
No one is saying JMU is not good. But WIS suddenly could not hit a layup, gave up a ton of turnovers mostly because of their own sloppyness and on and on. While some was JMU, seemed like most was on WIS playing badly. Sure not the WIS team we saw a week ago

Is it? They had only two quad 1 games and went 1-1. They had only one quad 2 game all year and lost it. The rest was all quad 3 and 4. A completely untested team, tough to give them seed credit over a bunch of teams who played radically more challenging schedules. But they still got one of the best AQ seeds and a classic 12-5 “prove it” matchup. Dont think you got any respect due to your soft schedule? It’s the tournament, here’s Wisconsin, go make your statement.
James Madison went into East Lansing in their season opener and beat Izzo's Spartans in OT.
Thats a road test. Hostile environment, hostile refs.
They passed it with flying colors and have been on people's radar ever since.

So now they're 2-0 against the Big Ten.
If they played in a week, JMU would win again. Wisconsin was not as athletic - they were slower.

Computer algorithms (even mine) always, always, ALWAYS underrate teams from lesser conferences that win almost all of their games. Those teams are not playing all out when they face weak teams in their conference. They win by 10 when they're supposed to win by 20. The NET punishes them for that. For what its worth, I had James Madison as #57, just below NC State, Oregon and Grand Canyon. All 4 of those teams won their first round game.

They are the James Madison Dukes, so when they play Duke, everybody will be rooting for the Dukes and against Duke.

Last edited:
Reactions: No Chores
Uhhhh...
They went into East Lansing in their opener and beat Izzo's Spartans in OT.
Thats a road test.
They passed it with flying colors.

So now they're 2-0 against the Big Ten.
A glaring example of how the NCAA screws over really good teams from lesser conferences in favor of mediocre teams from conferences with money.
Good for them.

They also didn’t schedule any other decent matchups and got swept on the season by App State, the only other halfway decent team they played all season. They didn’t even win their conference as a result. And yet despite all that whining they still got rewarded with a 12 seed, a very arguably more favorable seed to draw than NU on the 9 line, and one of the most respected AQ spots.

Good for them.

They also didn’t schedule any other decent matchups and got swept on the season by App State, the only other halfway decent team they played all season. They didn’t even win their conference as a result. And yet despite all that whining they still got rewarded with a 12 seed, a very arguably more favorable seed to draw than NU on the 9 line, and one of the most respected AQ spots.

How much did you lose, betting on Wisconsin?

I know you like basketball, but you don't seem to be paying attention on how Power 5 programs avoid playing good mid-majors. Especially on the road.

I know you like basketball, but you don't seem to be paying attention on how Power 5 programs avoid playing good mid-majors. Especially on the road.
I wish the top 3 Ivy teams were in. It’s impossible for these teams to get in just based on showing quality in conference. No one that would help their metrics would ever go play them on their turf.

Reactions: StratCat84

I had JMU in my bracket, lol

JMU isn’t even one of the mid majors with the most to gripe about with the committee. They have very little to gripe about, really.

The thing that makes the BIG tough is that there is no point you can really rest. It is consistently good pretty much top to bottom. Maybe not the best but tough throughout. Teams like JMU have to get really up for a game or two and look really good but they don't have the guantlet to go through. Plus everybody knows everybody so they learn weak points. And remember middle of the pack in BIG was not good enough to get into dance

Reactions: AdamOnFirst
They kept shooting themselves in the head. Too bad we could not have faced them when they were playing like that
I’d like to know how conference teams do in the tournament after playing 4 games in a row the weekend before. I remember when red hot Iowa lost their first tournament game a few years ago. The B1G needs to figure something out. I’ve had no issues with us losing the first game the past couple of years. Go home and rest and prepare. Playing 4 games in a row a few days before the most important game of the season is idiotic. Just a money grab.

I’d like to know how conference teams do in the tournament after playing 4 games in a row the weekend before. I remember when red hot Iowa lost their first tournament game a few years ago. The B1G needs to figure something out. I’ve had no issues with us losing the first game the past couple of years. Go home and rest and prepare. Playing 4 games in a row a few days before the most important game of the season is idiotic. Just a money grab.
Hasn’t seemed to impact Illinois one bit

NC State was an 11 seed in this tournament. They've won 7 games in 11 days.
Good for them. Iowa and Wisconsin both played 4 games, were red hot and lost their first tournament game. I’m not saying you can’t overcome it. They play 2 games a week all season and then play 4 games in a row right before the tournament. That makes sense to you? OK.

Until the networks stop paying big $$ for this content, the tournaments will continue whether or not we like it or not. They play too many games, and travel too much, but that's what these guys sign up for. Not sure what you think the conferences are going to "figure out." Too much money at stake for the conf. tournaments to go away, so what's your alternative?

Good for them. Iowa and Wisconsin both played 4 games, were red hot and lost their first tournament game. I’m not saying you can’t overcome it. They play 2 games a week all season and then play 4 games in a row right before the tournament. That makes sense to you? OK.
Preach!

Hasn’t bothered NC State. UConn didn’t mind in 2014. Never going to cut off the glow of money.

Until the networks stop paying big $$ for this content, the tournaments will continue whether or not we like it or not. They play too many games, and travel too much, but that's what these guys sign up for. Not sure what you think the conferences are going to "figure out." Too much money at stake for the conf. tournaments to go away, so what's your alternative?
Reduce the number of teams eligible for the tournament to 10 teams. Play the first round earlier on Tuesday at the higher seeds’s gyms. Final 8 teams show up on Friday. Tournament is never going to take more than 10 B1G teams anyway.

Last edited:
Reduce the number of teams eligible for the tournament to 10 teams. Play the first round earlier on Tuesday at the higher seeds’s gym. Final 8 teams show up on Friday. Tournament is never going to take more than 10 B1G teams anyway.
Once you go to 20 teams it gets worse. I am all for having to make the tourney and top 10 works.

One the one hand if they have already earned their way into Dance it probably hurts them if the have to go 4 or 5 games. But on the other, a bunch of those teams that came out of the blue and won their conference tourney (bid stealers) were on a hot streak and carried it on

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT