ADVERTISEMENT

notre dame scheduling

Forgive him. He's in a constant state of having to mentally juggle his supposed religious positions with his political ones, and on top of that try to keep track of at least two handles on this site. It's tough.
why would a heterophobic be concerned with such a lowlife as myself since I'm not standing in line or climbing any ladders?

Fitz's biggest win to date is that 2009 win 17-10 over then #4 Iowa which finished ranked #7 overall with a 11-2 record (their only other loss to Ohio State in overtime).

A win over a top 5 Notre Dame deep into the playoff hunt would probably top that if Notre Dame won the rest of its games and didn't make the playoff.
Or you could say Fitz's biggest win was the 1995 win over ND. Without that would any of what came after have happened?

It is impossible to overstate how huge this game is in my north suburban Catholic community, where ND fans and alums outnumber NU fans and alums by a wide margin. They've had this date circled for 2+ years, ever since it was announced, and untold numbers of them have bought NU season tickets for the sole purpose of getting tickets to this game plus additional individual tickets made available to season ticket holders. The chorus will grow louder and even more insufferable as the date approaches, especially given the undefeated season they're having. ND is having a Friday night pep rally at Haven School (three blocks from the stadium), Mass Saturday morning at St. Athanasius (two blocks from the stadium), and an official tailgate on our own golf course -- it's going to be insane. We'll have a chance to win the West every year, but we're not going to have another chance to beat Notre Dame for God knows how many years. Winning this one and knocking them out of the playoffs would rank right up there with 17-15 and the Jack Mitchell game as two of my favorite all-time "I was there" moments. This is one Catholic who will be rooting like hell for the Fighting Methodists that day. Let's win it.
And this is the only week this Methodist would be tempted to wear orange. I won't though.

Oh no, I got his point completely. His point is just wrong. Very wrong.

PS -- solid revisionist history, though if anyone were to know how to get away with trolling it is probably the guy with two separate handles who is "brahs" with the mods.
Nothing revisionist. when you blasted a player for no reason, right to his own father, then became an idiot and blasted the father's girlfriend, that was when you showed just how sad you really are.

Nothing revisionist. when you blasted a player for no reason, right to his own father, then became an idiot and blasted the father's girlfriend, that was when you showed just how sad you really are.

It's revisionist history because I did neither of those things.

EDIT: I know proof and truth are a little unfamiliar to you, but here goes nothing...

This is the post where I supposedly "blasted the father's girlfriend;" note that I am not even responding to Mr Jango, but instead noting that the open ogling of a woman on a message board is creepy: https://northwestern.forums.rivals.com/threads/knife-control.37792/page-5#post-514342

He then jumped in and challenged me to post a picture of my significant other, which is also creepy: https://northwestern.forums.rivals.com/threads/knife-control.37792/page-5#post-514354

Last edited:

EDIT: I know proof and truth are a little unfamiliar to you, but here goes nothing...

This is the post where I supposedly "blasted the father's girlfriend;" note that I am not even responding to Mr Jango, but instead noting that the open ogling of a woman on a message board is creepy: https://northwestern.forums.rivals.com/threads/knife-control.37792/page-5#post-514342

He then jumped in and challenged me to post a picture of my significant other, which is also creepy: https://northwestern.forums.rivals.com/threads/knife-control.37792/page-5#post-514354

Yeah, this defense doesn't do jack to make you look better.

It's none of those posts, it's many of your posts about Jango and in response to catsdad that led up to that. You had a choice between straight-forward honesty or showing greater sensitivity towards the situation. You made the wrong choice, IMO.

I just can’t believe it’s happening. For years we all thought they’d try to get out of it.
This game will do absolute wonders for recruiting if we win. Other than Notre Dame fans who love Notre Dame, our team will spike to be the most popular team that weekend if we knock the domers out of that 4th spot.
It would easily become the most popular single event for this program since the Rose Bowl game.

This game will do absolute wonders for recruiting if we win. Other than Notre Dame fans who love Notre Dame, our team will spike to be the most popular team that weekend if we knock the domers out of that 4th spot.
It would easily become the most popular single event for this program since the Rose Bowl game.

Yet the game won't matter much to NU's players? Got it, Turk. At least you toggled to your other handle this time to contradict yourself.

Reactions: chicagocatfan24
It is kind of an odd outlier game that both matters and doesn't matter. If ND comes in hot and winning and we beat them it's all glory and unless they slam us by 30, losing to a ranked ND is sad but nothing to be ashamed of. Either way the game has no impact on NU's division hopes so it should be easy to get past. That is one disadvantage to being an independent, your championships are limited to a bowl championship and a national championship where as NU could be division, conference, bowl and national champions in a great year. I can hardly wait!
Go Cats!!!!

Reactions: DaCat
It is kind of an odd outlier game that both matters and doesn't matter. If ND comes in hot and winning and we beat them it's all glory and unless they slam us by 30, losing to a ranked ND is sad but nothing to be ashamed of. Either way the game has no impact on NU's division hopes so it should be easy to get past. That is one disadvantage to being an independent, your championships are limited to a bowl championship and a national championship where as NU could be division, conference, bowl and national champions in a great year. I can hardly wait!
Go Cats!!!!
Losing to ND is nothing to be ashamed of no matter the score.

Losing to Akron? Now THAT'S sad and worthy of shame......

Reactions: zonairish
It's none of those posts, it's many of your posts about Jango and in response to catsdad that led up to that. You had a choice between straight-forward honesty or showing greater sensitivity towards the situation. You made the wrong choice, IMO.

I went back and looked at that as well, at least going as far back as my first mention of Jango by name to which he responded.

My first interaction with him was while we were discussing RCB and Kjetl Cline, of all people. Started out as a discussion about laser- vs. hand-timed 40s, I repeatedly stated that I didn't want to get into a poising match with him, thought it ended on decent terms, then he proceeded to jump on me for the better part of a year whenever I mentioned linebacker play without explicit mention of his son. This is the thread/interaction: https://northwestern.forums.rivals.com/threads/wr-picks-up-nu-offer.5049/

Reactions: RockfishCat
I went back and looked at that as well, at least going as far back as my first mention of Jango by name to which he responded.

My first interaction with him was while we were discussing RCB and Kjetl Cline, of all people. Started out as a discussion about laser- vs. hand-timed 40s, I repeatedly stated that I didn't want to get into a poising match with him, thought it ended on decent terms, then he proceeded to jump on me for the better part of a year whenever I mentioned linebacker play without explicit mention of his son. This is the thread/interaction: https://northwestern.forums.rivals.com/threads/wr-picks-up-nu-offer.5049/

For someone as knowledgeable as you are about many football topics, you sure know how to pee in the faces of people you should be getting along with.

Reactions: Turk and MRCat95
For someone as knowledgeable as you are about many football topics, you sure know how to pee in the faces of people you should be getting along with.

Sup, Turk! How do you keep track of your different posting personalities?

You should have been more 'sensitive and aware' and dialed it down more.

Seeing and meeting player's parents always reminds me of my parents. Give me a moment...

You should have been more 'sensitive and aware' and dialed it down more.

Seeing and meeting player's parents always reminds me of my parents. Give me a moment...

Like this?

I have an extremely high admiration for the recruits who put themselves in position to receive an offer from Northwestern, even more admiration for those that decide to take on the challenge that is being a football player at Northwestern, and even more than that for those who take that challenge head-on for the four or five years they're on campus. They're some of the elite of the elite student-athletes across the country. I've seen the sacrifice, dedication, and effort that it takes to succeed as a student-athlete at Northwestern and only wish that I had the athletic ability to put myself in that position. I elected to start my professional career with the Northwestern football team over more lucrative, less time-consuming opportunities because I believed in the program (still do) and wanted to do my part to improve upon what was already in place.

Like I said, I don't want to get into a pissing match. I wish your son well and believe he's made probably the best decision he will make in his life. The fact that the staff found him worthy enough of an offer is more than enough for me. I'll be there cheering for him every Saturday knowing full well the effort it took to get to Ryan Field and the effort required to excel once there.

Yeah... I’m 100% sure some of the people on here will attest that I’m not Turk.

Honestly asking because you said we interacted a couple years ago about McSorley but this screen name was created in 2018: what was your previous handle?

Please delete this
You have to love some of you fans I wasn't a snowflake at all about my son I know far more about what goes on with players on and off the field than anyone on this board Just like last week when Gocats said Hanks is very good Jango isn't very good, and that is why he isn't playing..Of coarse Fox wasn't playing at linebacker either but he wasn't listed as not very good Alviti didn't play either he must not have been very good either It couldn't be because he tore his shoulder completely out twice and the staff and Jango were told it would take a full year at least for it to heal So you wouldnt see him on the depth chart on special teams or at linebacker for a full year since his last surgery which was last year mid October Many many times I hear things on this board I know to be completely wrong but I as a parent couldn't correct Most of the time they come from Gocats I know my son and how hard he works. I know he has been rushed after practice for an IV on a few occasions this year alone because his body has lost over 9 lbs during practice and went into full body convulsions How many humans will run themselves daily to the brink of actual death? You weight in before practice at 220 and weight out at 211 Jango tore his labrum at IMG first game and played the next seven games with a torn labrum leading the most talented team in the nation in tackles He got it repaired and worked his butt off to tear it in Camp the following year Jango would have seen significant play time that year had that not happened He works his butt off to get ready for this season and he tears it again He was rushed to the hospital because he had strengthend his shoulder so much that they had to put him to sleep because they couldn't put it back in If I was a snowflake in the eyes of some on this board maybe it was instead of seeing the character and hard work my son brought to this team being talked well about some chose to trash him They would rather put out the narrative that he isn't very good instead of that he worked his tail off had seriously bad breaks and his dream was never going to be realized The dream he worked his butt off since he was 9 years old I always thought with a small fan base the players would be treated more like family That when one fell on bad times people wouldn't try to trash that player and put him down that they would raise him up That clearly isn't the case with some of these fans I can guarantee if you asked Fitz or any coach about my sons talent they would say he had plenty of it He had twenty plus offers from coaching staffs that all saw his talent As far as character I am sure Fitz would have glowing reviews of that and his work ethic. I may come off as a snowflake because I see things like having high character and doing EVERYTHING right no longer matters to the majority of society As a parent we don't like to see our kids hurt no matter how old they are It is a parents instinct to protect and look after our kids I was his mother and his father and I couldn't be more proud to be able to take full credit for him My son made NU a better place and represented the school and program with honor and dignity He has a 3.6 GPA and will graduate next December with a degree from NU I am quite certain that he will go on in life to continue to bring honor to all he was associated with. Some can say that Jango didn't play because he wasn't very good, the ones who know will say that the kid was born with a shallow shoulder socket that kept a talented played from ever being able to show what he can do My untalented player received over 500k in scholarships when all is said and done Over twenty D1 staffs didnt see what Gocats did. A coaching staff of any team isn't going to give valuable reps to a player u don't believe will be able to stay healthy whether he is better or not Being able to stay healthy and contribute is more valuable than a slight advantage in talent

You have to love some of you fans I wasn't a snowflake at all about my son I know far more about what goes on with players on and off the field than anyone on this board Just like last week when Gocats said Hanks is very good Jango isn't very good, and that is why he isn't playing..Of coarse Fox wasn't playing at linebacker either but he wasn't listed as not very good Alviti didn't play either he must not have been very good either It couldn't be because he tore his shoulder completely out twice and the staff and Jango were told it would take a full year at least for it to heal So you wouldnt see him on the depth chart on special teams or at linebacker for a full year since his last surgery which was last year mid October Many many times I hear things on this board I know to be completely wrong but I as a parent couldn't correct Most of the time they come from Gocats I know my son and how hard he works. I know he has been rushed after practice for an IV on a few occasions this year alone because his body has lost over 9 lbs during practice and went into full body convulsions How many humans will run themselves daily to the brink of actual death? You weight in before practice at 220 and weight out at 211 Jango tore his labrum at IMG first game and played the next seven games with a torn labrum leading the most talented team in the nation in tackles He got it repaired and worked his butt off to tear it in Camp the following year Jango would have seen significant play time that year had that not happened He works his butt off to get ready for this season and he tears it again He was rushed to the hospital because he had strengthend his shoulder so much that they had to put him to sleep because they couldn't put it back in If I was a snowflake in the eyes of some on this board maybe it was instead of seeing the character and hard work my son brought to this team being talked well about some chose to trash him They would rather put out the narrative that he isn't very good instead of that he worked his tail off had seriously bad breaks and his dream was never going to be realized The dream he worked his butt off since he was 9 years old I always thought with a small fan base the players would be treated more like family That when one fell on bad times people wouldn't try to trash that player and put him down that they would raise him up That clearly isn't the case with some of these fans I can guarantee if you asked Fitz or any coach about my sons talent they would say he had plenty of it He had twenty plus offers from coaching staffs that all saw his talent As far as character I am sure Fitz would have glowing reviews of that and his work ethic. I may come off as a snowflake because I see things like having high character and doing EVERYTHING right no longer matters to the majority of society As a parent we don't like to see our kids hurt no matter how old they are It is a parents instinct to protect and look after our kids I was his mother and his father and I couldn't be more proud to be able to take full credit for him My son made NU a better place and represented the school and program with honor and dignity He has a 3.6 GPA and will graduate next December with a degree from NU I am quite certain that he will go on in life to continue to bring honor to all he was associated with. Some can say that Jango didn't play because he wasn't very good, the ones who know will say that the kid was born with a shallow shoulder socket that kept a talented played from ever being able to show what he can do My untalented player received over 500k in scholarships when all is said and done Over twenty D1 staffs didnt see what Gocats did. A coaching staff of any team isn't going to give valuable reps to a player u don't believe will be able to stay healthy whether he is better or not Being able to stay healthy and contribute is more valuable than a slight advantage in talent
Missed you

You are not a snowflake at all. You are a helicopter parent. Sounds as though Jango doesn't need to be pushed any more, he seems to be all you say he is on his own..

I remember others who got injured working out as hard as they did and most had no idea what had really happened. They had opinions that they made known but had no idea what the kid had been through. They were high quality kids who gave their all and will do very well as their life goes on regardless of what people here thought

Last edited:
Yeah... I’m 100% sure some of the people on here will attest that I’m not Turk.

Yes, you are not Turk. Yes, you previously posted under a different name. Your previous name was not banned, and you could have continued using it.

Reactions: DaCat
You are not a snowflake at all. You are a helicopter parent. Sounds as though Jango doesn't need to be pushed any more, he seems to be all you say he is on his own..
Yeah because u can push a young man to do all that Jango did? Most parents can't even keep their kids from doing illegal stuff. Can't wait to see how your kid turns out I didn't run Jango till he convulsed on several occasions this year Jango did I didn't get a 3.6 GPA, Jango did I love how successful kids parents are called helicopter parents. I raised my son to be a high character young man, he chooses now to be that man. I wanted Jango to quit football in 9 th grade. Jango had VA money to go to school with and didn't need a scholarship to pay for school He could of also gotten a soccer or academic scholarship I supported HIS dream and did all in my power to help him achieve it I drove him three days a week two hours round trip and sat two hours for him to train since he was 9.That is 12 hours a week for ten years That isn't being a helicopter parent that is putting your kids dreams above yourself There is nothing you can say to me about my parenting that I care about Anyone who knows my son will tell you what a high character young man he is

Last edited:

Yet somehow you seem to have forgotten the ones where you suggested his son was not very good.

Yeah because u can push a young man to do all that Jango did Most parents can't even keep their kids from doing illegal stuff. Can't wait to see how your kid turns out I didn't run Jango till he convulsed on several occasions this year Jango did I didn't get a 3.6 GPA, Jango did I love how successful kids parents are called helicopter parents. I raised my son to be a high character young man, he chooses now to be that man
Successful kids are very different from kids who are pushed too hard to be successful. I don't know where you land. Successful now is not necessarily successful later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT