ADVERTISEMENT

notre dame scheduling

I have no idea at all why CatsDad Account would not be working. From what I can tell it seems to be perfectly OK. Perhaps you can log out, login, and try again. If not, you might try emailing Louie , Who might be able to figure it out. I do not think anyone did anything to lock that account.
It is saying I have reached my limit of posts on my free account. I don't get my private messages being deleted however.

It is saying I have reached my limit of posts on my free account. I don't get my private messages being deleted however.

I do not understand it either. I do not understand why you would have a limit of posts on the free board. I understand that you cannot initiate a private message, but you should be able to receive one. I do not understand why a message would be deleted. I have not seen this happen before. The only thing I can suggest is to speak to Louie. He can contact the technical people at rivals head office. I cannot.

Reactions: Hoosierfan20
CatsDad, sorry to hear about Jango. Thank you for your informative posts, and forget the haters. Some people are just complete a-holes and not representative of NU or the fanbase. We appreciate all the effort and dedication that your son put into the program, and that NU degree is going to be valuable so I'm glad he did not transfer and will plan to finish school. Best of luck to him and you.
The vast majority of people are great fans and great people. With everything you have haters. Most Jangos haters are actually haters of me and take it out on my son. But he and I are both very pleased we picked NU for him to chase his dreams. Jango and Larkin show why Northwestern should be very high on a recruits list.

Most Jangos haters are actually haters of me and take it out on my son.

I don't think one person here has any issue at all with Jango. If they do, I don't know why they would. This is a football fan board and we wish nothing but the best for our players in school and on the field.

Any "hate" somehow perceived as directed toward Jango is an unfortunate side effect of many of his father's posts on these boards, and is only directed at the latter.

I don't think one person here has any issue at all with Jango. If they do, I don't know why they would. This is a football fan board and we wish nothing but the best for our players in school and on the field.

Any "hate" somehow perceived as directed toward Jango is an unfortunate side effect of many of his father's posts on these boards, and is only directed at the latter.

+1

Political posts shouldn't bleed over to the football side of the board. And those political posts shouldn't be taken so personally. And there isn't anyone I am upset with for having or posting their political views on the Rant boards. We all have our views from where we come from and the lives we have lived. My life has been different than others and thus my views are different. I left an abusive life and went off to the Green Beret at age 17. My views are going to be quite different than most who went off to college .

Last edited:
Yeah because u can push a young man to do all that Jango did? Most parents can't even keep their kids from doing illegal stuff. Can't wait to see how your kid turns out I didn't run Jango till he convulsed on several occasions this year Jango did I didn't get a 3.6 GPA, Jango did I love how successful kids parents are called helicopter parents. I raised my son to be a high character young man, he chooses now to be that man. I wanted Jango to quit football in 9 th grade. Jango had VA money to go to school with and didn't need a scholarship to pay for school He could of also gotten a soccer or academic scholarship I supported HIS dream and did all in my power to help him achieve it I drove him three days a week two hours round trip and sat two hours for him to train since he was 9.That is 12 hours a week for ten years That isn't being a helicopter parent that is putting your kids dreams above yourself There is nothing you can say to me about my parenting that I care about Anyone who knows my son will tell you what a high character young man he is

You don’t have to defend yourself. You’ve never done anything that needs to be defended. Especially not here where you have one guy posting as two different people having conversations with each other. And then there’s a former NU recruiting staffer who alienates everybody for no good reason when he could be gracious.

Don’t worry about your reputation; you’re awesome and anybody questioning you or your motives is completely in the wrong. Most people here recognize the good guys and you’re a good guy.

Reactions: Catsdad50
I appreciate that and your friendship. God has a plan for Jango, football isn't a part of his plan.
I'm not sure if it's true but I heard that other schools pull their scholarships if a player gets hurt. I know Fitz is a man of his word and that our injured players aren't kicked to the curb. Fitz is a class act. Not sure if other NU coaches do this or other football programs but I know we take care of our players, stars or not.

I'm not sure if it's true but I heard that other schools pull their scholarships if a player gets hurt. I know Fitz is a man of his word and that our injured players aren't kicked to the curb. Fitz is a class act. Not sure if other NU coaches do this or other football programs but I know we take care of our players, stars or not.
I actually think Fitz has nothing to do with the scholarship process. Once a player medically retires, he (or she) is no longer counted against a teams scholarship limit and the scholarship can be awarded to another student. Seems to me to be more of a University decision whether or not to honor it

Reactions: NUCat320
I actually think Fitz has nothing to do with the scholarship process. Once a player medically retires, he (or she) is no longer counted against a teams scholarship limit and the scholarship can be awarded to another student. Seems to me to be more of a University decision whether or not to honor it
The scholarship will be honored by the B1G. Northwestern will file Jangos case and then the B1G will cover all the expense of his scholarship . He will receive everything he got while being a member of the team, without the grind of doing football.

My point is "Proof is in the pudding" If a plumber has leaky pipes he is a sucky plumber. I have never had to make up excuses for my son's behavior He has always been good

When Tommy Fuessel couldn’t play, people never said he sucked because word leaked his condition was serious and people admired him. In your son’s case nothing leaked so the jerks here said he sucked. Funny how misinformed people leap to conclusions. Now we have people saying Rod Campbell sucks but they don’t really know the injuries he’s had or how much it has set him back. Unfair.

I do think college football needs a much more transparent system for injury reporting and eligibility. It should be uniform and compulsory. That way nobody has an unfair strategic advantage. The NFL system isn’t perfect but it’s a lot more transparent than most FBS programs.

Wow, this thread has become a real soap opera and a classic example of why we all should strive to stick to sports topics on a sports board. I can only wish Jango and all other NU athletes who've had to cut their careers short due to injury the best of luck. The road to the future can take many directions.

Wow, this thread has become a real soap opera and a classic example of why we all should strive to stick to sports topics on a sports board. I can only wish Jango and all other NU athletes who've had to cut their careers short due to injury the best of luck. The road to the future can take many directions.
We hear about only half of the injuries that have knocked kids down or off the depth chart. All of us have jumped to conclusions in the past. I don’t blame Fitz though he certainly takes his injury report more seriously it’s warranted. I blame the nebulous system of injury reporting in FBS. Every conference has different rules, it seems, and I’m not sure any of them enforce their rules as strictly as they should.

Oh you’ve got me, I’m Turk’s illegitimate child.... joke.

I'm not understanding why this is confidential information. I'm not asking you for your "real name," but instead your previous online handle so I can try to recall a previous conversation about McSorley that apparently occurred.

Most people here recognize the good guys and you’re a good guy.

childs-play-2-good-guys-chucky-doll1.jpg

I'm not understanding why this is confidential information. I'm not asking you for your "real name," but instead your previous online handle so I can try to recall a previous conversation about McSorley that apparently occurred.

Man, give it a rest. You've come off horribly this whole thread, and I'm considering the three posters in this thread I have on ignore!

What more do you need to recall than you bring dead wrong? You didn’t think he was anything special

Sorry to bring the topic back on track ... any guesses as to the game time they will set for the NU vs. ND game?

Big games that week are:
#1 Alabama vs #5 LSU
#6 Michigan vs #18 Penn State
#7 Texas vs #13 West Virginia
#8 Georgaa vs #14 Kentucky

Given these possibilities for night, I'm guessing 2:30pm ... what do other think?

Sorry to bring the topic back on track ... any guesses as to the game time they will set for the NU vs. ND game?

Big games that week are:
#1 Alabama vs #5 LSU

Given these possibilities for night, I'm guessing 2:30pm ... what do other think?
I agree. No way ND kicks at 11:00 and won't be a high enough profile game for night time.

Catsdad,

Sorry to hear it. Been dealing with a labrum since college and it's a bitch of an injury. He's going to have an NU degree and is a great young man. It's still a win.

Big games that week are:
#1 Alabama vs #5 LSU

3:15.

Catsdad,

Sorry to hear it. Been dealing with a labrum since college and it's a bitch of an injury. He's going to have an NU degree and is a great young man. It's still a win.
Thank you very much. I feel bad because he never had a chance. He tears it at IMG Academy the first game and plays the season on it. He insisted on playing with it hurt because his team needed him. I am sure it caused much more damage than if he would have just had surgery when it happened. He got surgery at the end of his senior year and lost 20 lbs from the surgery and arrived at Northwestern at 185 lbs. He works his butt off rehabbing and his redshirt year and gets to 230 lbs only to blow it out at summer camp. He tries to play with it torn and on special teams it pops out third game and is carted off the field. He has surgery and drops down to 209 lbs. Works his butt off and gets to 220 lbs while working his speed and agility and doing extra shoulder work. He is waiting for a year from his surgery to be up so he can finally see the field. He is legit the #2 Mike and ready to play special teams . The week he is eligible he blows it out in practice. And now he is told he is done before he ever got a chance

That time has scared me ever since I read Amityville Horror like 35 years ago. I know that was 3:15 a.m., but it still frightens me nonetheless. Hopefully it'll frighten Notre Dame even more.

Thank you very much. I feel bad because he never had a chance. He tears it at IMG Academy the first game and plays the season on it. He insisted on playing with it hurt because his team needed him. I am sure it caused much more damage than if he would have just had surgery when it happened. He got surgery at the end of his senior year and lost 20 lbs from the surgery and arrived at Northwestern at 185 lbs. He works his butt off rehabbing and his redshirt year and gets to 230 lbs only to blow it out at summer camp. He tries to play with it torn and on special teams it pops out third game and is carted off the field. He has surgery and drops down to 209 lbs. Works his butt off and gets to 220 lbs while working his speed and agility and doing extra shoulder work. He is waiting for a year from his surgery to be up so he can finally see the field. He is legit the #2 Mike and ready to play special teams . The week he is eligible he blows it out in practice. And now he is told he is done before he ever got a chance

Is he definitely retiring or thinking about a grad transfer year? Guys get a med hardship at one school but can play elsewhere. Might be fun to head back to Ohio and play for Mount union or a program like that.

This is CatsDad, for some reason I am blocked from posting under the CatsDad50, so I am under a very old account. Jango is done, he won't ever be on the field again. He and Nathan fox ran into each other at the surgeons today Jango will keep his scholarship and finish school, he has fully torn his left labrum for the third time . Chances of a fourth would be very high, and Fitz would not give valuable reps to a player who most likely would physically fail during the season.I appreciate what you said however.

Ugh, very very sorry to hear this. Was greatly looking forward to Jango playing. Wish nothing but the best for you and him.

Jango and Larkin show why Northwestern should be very high on a recruits list.
I actually feel like these kind of career ending injuries should be one of the strongest recruiting reasons for going to NU.
Every players football career could end tomorrow, but you still get the opportunity to walk out the door with an NU degree.

You have to love some of you fans I wasn't a snowflake at all about my son I know far more about what goes on with players on and off the field than anyone on this board Just like last week when Gocats said Hanks is very good Jango isn't very good, and that is why he isn't playing..Of coarse Fox wasn't playing at linebacker either but he wasn't listed as not very good Alviti didn't play either he must not have been very good either It couldn't be because he tore his shoulder completely out twice and the staff and Jango were told it would take a full year at least for it to heal So you wouldnt see him on the depth chart on special teams or at linebacker for a full year since his last surgery which was last year mid October Many many times I hear things on this board I know to be completely wrong but I as a parent couldn't correct Most of the time they come from Gocats I know my son and how hard he works. I know he has been rushed after practice for an IV on a few occasions this year alone because his body has lost over 9 lbs during practice and went into full body convulsions How many humans will run themselves daily to the brink of actual death? You weight in before practice at 220 and weight out at 211 Jango tore his labrum at IMG first game and played the next seven games with a torn labrum leading the most talented team in the nation in tackles He got it repaired and worked his butt off to tear it in Camp the following year Jango would have seen significant play time that year had that not happened He works his butt off to get ready for this season and he tears it again He was rushed to the hospital because he had strengthend his shoulder so much that they had to put him to sleep because they couldn't put it back in If I was a snowflake in the eyes of some on this board maybe it was instead of seeing the character and hard work my son brought to this team being talked well about some chose to trash him They would rather put out the narrative that he isn't very good instead of that he worked his tail off had seriously bad breaks and his dream was never going to be realized The dream he worked his butt off since he was 9 years old I always thought with a small fan base the players would be treated more like family That when one fell on bad times people wouldn't try to trash that player and put him down that they would raise him up That clearly isn't the case with some of these fans I can guarantee if you asked Fitz or any coach about my sons talent they would say he had plenty of it He had twenty plus offers from coaching staffs that all saw his talent As far as character I am sure Fitz would have glowing reviews of that and his work ethic. I may come off as a snowflake because I see things like having high character and doing EVERYTHING right no longer matters to the majority of society As a parent we don't like to see our kids hurt no matter how old they are It is a parents instinct to protect and look after our kids I was his mother and his father and I couldn't be more proud to be able to take full credit for him My son made NU a better place and represented the school and program with honor and dignity He has a 3.6 GPA and will graduate next December with a degree from NU I am quite certain that he will go on in life to continue to bring honor to all he was associated with. Some can say that Jango didn't play because he wasn't very good, the ones who know will say that the kid was born with a shallow shoulder socket that kept a talented played from ever being able to show what he can do My untalented player received over 500k in scholarships when all is said and done Over twenty D1 staffs didnt see what Gocats did. A coaching staff of any team isn't going to give valuable reps to a player u don't believe will be able to stay healthy whether he is better or not Being able to stay healthy and contribute is more valuable than a slight advantage in talent
As a NU alum, a supporter and fan of our program, and someone who follows this board simply to learn about the team, I am truly embarrassed that you had to write this. You and your son deserve so much better. I wish you both the very best.

As a NU alum, a supporter and fan of our program, and someone who follows this board simply to learn about the team, I am truly embarrassed that you had to write this. You and your son deserve so much better. I wish you both the very best.

+1

FWIW, said poster is pretty much a condenscending a-hole to everyone, and he never went to NU. So, please don't take it personally and don't consider him representative of the fan base whom he is always talking down to. He rests his laurels on the fact that he cut magazine clippings of recruits and got coffee for the real coaches. That may be a hair better than most of us schleps on this board, but be assured that it isn't worth dirt relative to the opinions of 20 Division I staffs, including Northwestern's. I probably should have put a period after the word dirt. Of course, you didn't need me to point that out to know it. Best of luck to Jango and given how hard he works and how luck always evens out in the end, with an NU degree, he is certain to succeed in whatever he pursues. Northwestern's REAL FANZ are behind him.

Last edited:
This is CatsDad, for some reason I am blocked from posting under the CatsDad50, so I am under a very old account. Jango is done, he won't ever be on the field again. He and Nathan fox ran into each other at the surgeons today Jango will keep his scholarship and finish school, he has fully torn his left labrum for the third time . Chances of a fourth would be very high, and Fitz would not give valuable reps to a player who most likely would physically fail during the season.I appreciate what you said however.
Really sorry to hear that. Would have liked to see him get his chance

And his father did not deserve the grief either

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
FWIW, said poster is pretty much a condenscending a-hole to everyone, and he never went to NU. He rests his laurels on the fact that he cut magazine clippings of recruits and got coffee for the real coaches. That may be a hair better than most of us schleps on this board, but be assured that it isn't worth dirt relative to the opinions of 20 Division I staffs, including Northwestern's.

He made my ignore list this week. Toxic stuff.

Reactions: StreamCat
Really sorry to hear that. Would have liked to see him get his chance
I appreciate it. He will meet the doctor at 3 today They will conference call me I am wanting to know if cutting him open and repairing the socket and the labrum would be better than the less invasive way I don't know if cutting into nerves and muscle would be worst than not doing a total shoulder repair He is screwed shoulder wise for life, just want the least worst

The scholarship will be honored by the B1G. Northwestern will file Jangos case and then the B1G will cover all the expense of his scholarship . He will receive everything he got while being a member of the team, without the grind of doing football.
I diod not realize it was the conference that covered the scholarship in medical cases

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT