ADVERTISEMENT

notre dame scheduling

All, sorry for starting “a thing.”

@Catsdad50 you’re a fine CatsDad. Really.
I am not mad at you It would appear it was as you saw it without all the inside information It hurt me to see my son go thru what he has, and then for him to read some of the stuff on the boards was hurtful to him The problem I have is a parent I know won't or doesn't have a kid even close to mine in character judging my parenting without a clue to who my son is or how I parented

I am not mad at you It would appear it was as you saw it without all the inside information It hurt me to see my son go thru what he has, and then for him to read some of the stuff on the boards was hurtful to him The problem I have is a parent I know won't or doesn't have a kid even close to mine in character judging my parenting without a clue to who my son is or how I parented

You sound like a great parent and don't need to apologize to anyone. I have a son (and daughter) who plays sports and can appreciate what you did to make your son what he is.

You sound like a great parent and don't need to apologize to anyone. I have a son (and daughter) who plays sports and can appreciate what you did to make your son what he is.
Thank you I get the reputation of being a helicopter parent because most kids don't really want their parents around at a certain age Many people are jealous of a close relationship between parents and their kids because they don't have that relationship with their kids so they have to find a way to put it down or find something bad with it Jango and I genuinely enjoy being around each other and talking to each other He isn't doing anything that he wouldn't do if I wasn't around That isn't the case with many young men.

Thank you I get the reputation of being a helicopter parent because most kids don't really want their parents around at a certain age Many people are jealous of a close relationship between parents and their kids because they don't have that relationship with their kids so they have to find a way to put it down or find something bad with it Jango and I genuinely enjoy being around each other and talking to each other He isn't doing anything that he wouldn't do if I wasn't around That isn't the case with many young men.
I've enjoyed reading your stories about Jango, and I wish he hadn't had the injuries and could have seen the field more often. Sounds like he's poised for success in life now, which is the most important thing!

I've enjoyed reading your stories about Jango, and I wish he hadn't had the injuries and could have seen the field more often. Sounds like he's poised for success in life now, which is the most important thing!
I appreciate that I am proud of the fact that nothing about his work ethic ever changed Instead of giving up or putting his head down he worked harder And I wasnt even there to snap the whip on him And I believe God has a plan for my son I never wanted him to beat up his brain and body anyway. He can live just fine with a bad shoulder

My point is "Proof is in the pudding" If a plumber has leaky pipes he is a sucky plumber
I really look forward to seeing Jango on the field when he is healthy. His story is compelling, and clear he is a great kid. I wish you both the best, and it's clear he means a lot to you.

Reactions: Catsdad50
Yeah, I'm with gocatsgo on this one. You couldn't be further from the truth here. The game on Nov 4 will have the feel of a Bowl Game for NU. It is huge on a couple of different fronts.

While I agree with much of Turk's posts in this thread, I would have to say I would think playing the #4 team in the nation with a chance to give them their first lost and probably knock them out of the CFP in front of the national audience would be a big deal to the players. It may be true that ND doesn't mean as much to this generation of kids, but this game will mean a lot more than the last time when Siemian beat them in South Bend because of the national implications and eyeballs.

While I agree with much of Turk's posts in this thread, I would have to say I would think playing the #4 team in the nation with a chance to give them their first lost and probably knock them out of the CFP in front of the national audience would be a big deal to the players. It may be true that ND doesn't mean as much to this generation of kids, but this game will mean a lot more than the last time when Siemian beat them in South Bend because of the national implications and eyeballs.
Playing #4 all by itself is huge no matter who.

So is that any different than winning the West and getting a chance to beat the #2 team (a team we have not beaten since 2004)in the nation and knocking them out of the playoffs and in the mean time getting us to a top bowl? We don't get that chance without a win over WIS/IA

So is that any different than winning the West and getting a chance to beat the #2 team (a team we have not beaten since 2004)in the nation and knocking them out of the playoffs and in the mean time getting us to a top bowl? We don't get that chance without a win over WIS/IA

Yeah, no one is arguing that the ND game is more important than the WIS/IA games or winning the West. The argument was whether the players would consider the ND game a big deal. They will.

It's revisionist history because I did neither of those things.

EDIT: I know proof and truth are a little unfamiliar to you, but here goes nothing...

This is the post where I supposedly "blasted the father's girlfriend;" note that I am not even responding to Mr Jango, but instead noting that the open ogling of a woman on a message board is creepy: https://northwestern.forums.rivals.com/threads/knife-control.37792/page-5#post-514342

He then jumped in and challenged me to post a picture of my significant other, which is also creepy: https://northwestern.forums.rivals.com/threads/knife-control.37792/page-5#post-514354
Oh please. You are showing your age of 32. Stop it! Also, better to say that a player needs work than to blast the players as not having talent, especially when you don't know what you are talking about and aren't even aware of injuries or other issues.

At any rate, I guess nobody can stop you from calling out players and saying they have no talent, but I think most of us trust that Fitz knows better than you and other armchair blowhards. You even crossed the line and called players like Prater lazy when, as it turned out, he had a high ankle sprain. So Sad.
And, btw, your only claim to fame was film study of Tyler Compton. Thank God that you changed your professional direction because your goose eggs within the program cost us mightily. Good Grief!

Yeah, no one is arguing that the ND game is more important than the WIS/IA games or winning the West. The argument was whether the players would consider the ND game a big deal. They will.
They better consider that every game on the schedule is a big deal. Akron

Oh please. You are showing your age of 32. Stop it! Also, better to say that a player needs work than to blast the players as not having talent, especially when you don't know what you are talking about and aren't even aware of injuries or other issues.

At any rate, I guess nobody can stop you from calling out players and saying they have no talent, but I think most of us trust that Fitz knows better than you and other armchair blowhards. You even crossed the line and called players like Prater lazy when, as it turned out, he had a high ankle sprain. So Sad.
And, btw, your only claim to fame was film study of Tyler Compton. Thank God that you changed your professional direction because your goose eggs within the program cost us mightily. Good Grief!

Tyler Compton was class of 2005. I had barely graduated high school when he committed, to say nothing of started working for Fitz at NU.

But, you know, facts are hard.

I really look forward to seeing Jango on the field when he is healthy. His story is compelling, and clear he is a great kid. I wish you both the best, and it's clear he means a lot to you.
This is CatsDad, for some reason I am blocked from posting under the CatsDad50, so I am under a very old account. Jango is done, he won't ever be on the field again. He and Nathan fox ran into each other at the surgeons today Jango will keep his scholarship and finish school, he has fully torn his left labrum for the third time . Chances of a fourth would be very high, and Fitz would not give valuable reps to a player who most likely would physically fail during the season.I appreciate what you said however.

This is CatsDad, for some reason I am blocked from posting under the CatsDad50, so I am under a very old account. Jango is done, he won't ever be on the field again. He and Nathan fox ran into each other at the surgeons today Jango will keep his scholarship and finish school, he has fully torn his left labrum for the third time . Chances of a fourth would be very high, and Fitz would not give valuable reps to a player who most likely would physically fail during the season.I appreciate what you said however.
Very sad. Must be hard to see the end of something you worked so hard for. Hard work = success in life so I am confident Jango will have a bright future.

They better consider that every game on the schedule is a big deal. Akron
why wouldn't they? Although the ND game is on a National level with playoff consequences, the Iowa game has more significance for our lil neck of the woods. And as it turns out, Notre Dame is probably wishing they didn't schedule this game in November with us and so much on the line for them. One thing is sure, it has more significance to Notre Dame because a win by us WILL kill their season and all hopes. A loss by us is more like a pre-season NFL loss. Has no value in the context of the Big Ten.

Huh?

I received private messages on the CatsDad account . I can't read them because they have been deleted . Have zero clue why I would be blocked or my messages deleted on CatsDad50

why would you pick hoosierfan? You live in Ohio. Just as a test, during the Nebraska game where did I bump into you at?
I picked Hoosier fan because they offered Jango in 2014 when I made this account so I could post on the Hoosier boards. I ran into you in front of stadium and you were wanting to get to a Brewers game.

I am very sorry to hear that. I had been looking forward to seeing him play--he is so quick! Does he see an Osteopath? (a good one). If not, I'd recommend--often a strain type injury is related to a problem somewhere else, and they are trained to sniff that out.

Reactions: Catsdad50

At any rate, I guess nobody can stop you from calling out players and saying they have no talent, but I think most of us trust that Fitz knows better than you and other armchair blowhards.

Says the guy that gives players letter grades after every game

Reactions: Bwm57
My CatsDad50 account is locked to where I can't post or read private messages. I made this account in 2014 when Jango was offered by Indiana.

I have no idea at all why CatsDad Account would not be working. From what I can tell it seems to be perfectly OK. Perhaps you can log out, login, and try again. If not, you might try emailing Louie , Who might be able to figure it out. I do not think anyone did anything to lock that account.

Furthermore, you seem to be able to like someone else’s comment, which means that you are logging in as CatsDad.So I do not understand why you would not be able to post under that name.

This has been a really strange thread.

CatsDad - I'm sorry to hear about Jango. Good luck to you and your family.

CatsDad, sorry to hear about Jango. Thank you for your informative posts, and forget the haters. Some people are just complete a-holes and not representative of NU or the fanbase. We appreciate all the effort and dedication that your son put into the program, and that NU degree is going to be valuable so I'm glad he did not transfer and will plan to finish school. Best of luck to him and you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT