ADVERTISEMENT

notre dame scheduling

I appreciate it. He will meet the doctor at 3 today They will conference call me I am wanting to know if cutting him open and repairing the socket and the labrum would be better than the less invasive way I don't know if cutting into nerves and muscle would be worst than not doing a total shoulder repair He is screwed shoulder wise for life, just want the least worst

Hey, Catsdad, The other day you were not able to post under this account for reasons that I do not understand. I alerted Louie who said that he would look into it. Now you are able to use it again, obviously. Did you ever find out why it would not work then and why it is working now. It really does not matter, but I am just curious because I thought that was bizarre and did not recall anyone having that problem.

Hey, Catsdad, The other day you were not able to post under this account for reasons that I do not understand. I alerted Louie who said that he would look into it. Now you are able to use it again, obviously. Did you ever find out why it would not work then and why it is working now. It really does not matter, but I am just curious because I thought that was bizarre and did not recall anyone having that problem.
I didn't maybe you gradually build up time to post each day and as you use your account

I didn't maybe you gradually build up time to post each day and as you use your account

I do not believe that theory. Your account looked to be perfectly OK and active, and you should’ve had the ability to have unlimited posts on the free board. I have no idea why it told you that you had a limit. Oh well, at least it is working now.

Reactions: Catsdad50
I do not believe that theory. Your account looked to be perfectly OK and active, and you should’ve had the ability to have unlimited posts on the free board. I have no idea why it told you that you had a limit. Oh well, at least it is working now.
Maybe because as Hoosier Fan setup to post on the Indiana site, he comes across a visitor trying to post on the NU board. They might have a limit for that

Maybe because as Hoosier Fan setup to post on the Indiana site, he comes across a visitor trying to post on the NU board. They might have a limit for that

It is an interesting theory, but I doubt it very seriously. He should have had unlimited ability to post on the free board. In addition to that, why is that account working now and not then. The best answer I can come up with is “who the hell knows”.

I appreciate it. He will meet the doctor at 3 today They will conference call me I am wanting to know if cutting him open and repairing the socket and the labrum would be better than the less invasive way I don't know if cutting into nerves and muscle would be worst than not doing a total shoulder repair He is screwed shoulder wise for life, just want the least worst

There is a procedure, the Laterjet procedure, that has allowed French rugby players to return to competition.but it should only be performed by surgeons with extensive experience with the technique. A bone block is placed on the anterior glenoid to prevent dislocation

Jango has been through a lot but if he has bone loss on the anterior glenoid the Laterjet may be the answer. The original similar procedue was the Bristow which was very effective but difficult to perform

There is a procedure, the Laterjet procedure, that has allowed French rugby players to return to competition.but it should only be performed by surgeons with extensive experience with the technique. A bone block is placed on the anterior glenoid to prevent dislocation

Jango has been through a lot but if he has bone loss on the anterior glenoid the Laterjet may be the answer. The original similar procedue was the Bristow which was very effective but difficult to perform
That procedure was mentioned but would limit his range of motion

Catsdad50:

For what it's worth, I've had a (right) shoulder arthroplasty.

I was an athlete when younger (mostly baseball and later some racquetball). As a result of throwing and swinging for many years, I completely wrecked my right shoulder and didn't tend to it for over 20 years. I had bone on bone in the joint, 2 rotator cuff tears (supraspinitis and subscapularis), and a completely destroyed labrum - no cartilage left in the joint.

Long story short, I had the replacement done in August, 2016, then did some serious rehab, and within 4 months, I was able to kiteboard at a very high level with no pain. I had a great ortho who designed a very short prosthesis for the humerus - so I don't have a 3 inch shank reamed into my humerus. This resulted in a much smaller incision, and a much shorter recovery time. Although I'll never regain my range of motion because I waited too long before having the fix, except for being a lot older now, I can now do stuff that I wasn't able to do for 20 plus years.

One of the other posters on this board is going to have the same procedure done (in November) by the shoulder surgeon who did my shoulder. It will be interesting to see if his results are similar to mine.

I assume the NU docs are treating Jango, but if you would like to know more, I'd be glad to share info with you.

Reactions: Catsdad50
Catsdad50:

For what it's worth, I've had a (right) shoulder arthroplasty.

I was an athlete when younger (mostly baseball and later some racquetball). As a result of throwing and swinging for many years, I completely wrecked my right shoulder and didn't tend to it for over 20 years. I had bone on bone in the joint, 2 rotator cuff tears (supraspinitis and subscapularis), and a completely destroyed labrum - no cartilage left in the joint.

Long story short, I had the replacement done in August, 2016, then did some serious rehab, and within 4 months, I was able to kiteboard at a very high level with no pain. I had a great ortho who designed a very short prosthesis for the humerus - so I don't have a 3 inch shank reamed into my humerus. This resulted in a much smaller incision, and a much shorter recovery time. Although I'll never regain my range of motion because I waited too long before having the fix, except for being a lot older now, I can now do stuff that I wasn't able to do for 20 plus years.

One of the other posters on this board is going to have the same procedure done (in November) by the shoulder surgeon who did my shoulder. It will be interesting to see if his results are similar to mine.

I assume the NU docs are treating Jango, but if you would like to know more, I'd be glad to share info with you.
I very much appreciate it. Jango is using Dr Terry who does the Blackhawks. Terry does all the Northwestern shoulders He did Jango’s last surgery, as well as Larkin, Hall, Fox, and so on. I trust him to do a great job. Jango has completely torn his labrum for the third time. I have still not decided on the best course for him. I want it to be the best option for a lifetime of active use. Jango will be lifting for life and probably boxing and or martial arts, so he needs the best range of motion possible. We should know next week what kind of surgery he will be getting..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT