ADVERTISEMENT

NU is a long way away from the big time

If you are that unhappy with the way the program is run and performs, why don't you just find another program to root for? There are plenty of choices out there.

You sound like the crazy old man who yells at the clouds.
Well I have been attending NU games since the late 50's and don't plan on cheering for any other program. Yes, that does make me as you say, an old man but one who knows better then to call others names. May what to ask Blackhawk, Shaw how that worked for him.

Reactions: NUCat320
Well I have been attending NU games since the late 50's and don't plan on cheering for any other program. Yes, that does make me as you say, an old man but one who knows better then to call others names. May what to ask Blackhawk, Shaw how that worked for him.

So you have made it abundantly clear to us that you are displeased, or at least concerned with several aspects of the program, including recruiting and the accessibility of spring practice, and in general the lack of "big time" status of NU football (this is an assumption--correct me if I am mistaken).

It seems to me you have a few options for dealing with this:
1) Convince the administration and program leadership to commit to substantial changes in academic, fiscal, and program policy and strategy to elevate the program to national championship stature
2) Recalibrate your expectations to accept NU for what it is, which IMO is a distinct (but not unique) program that melds academic excellence and measured success at the highest levels of college athletics
3) Root for a different program that better fits your concept of an ideal.

One of these routes is very unlikely. Another would go against a lifelong affiliation with what I assume is your alma mater.

That leaves a third option, the crux of which depends on your own self, and nothing else. It is completely in your hands.

Willycat...Northwestern's burden for over 60 years.

I'm surprised you guys' attendance actually went down in 2015 from the year prior. You have a likeable coach who knows his business and is an alum (and an award-winning one, at that) ... you had a GREAT year ... and you played some very interesting games at home. I would've thought your numbers would be up.

Maybe they'll tick up in 2016, in expectation of something great, building on what you were able to accomplish the year prior.

As for the Vols, we're doing ok. Actually going back up in attendance the last few years now that Butch has our program out of the doldrums. Broke 100k average in 2015 for the first time in almost a decade. *thumbsup*

Go 'Cats! Go Vols!
Git ur done!

I'll root for NU till the day I die, but if you look at an SEC tailgate, an OSU spring game, or USC cheerleader and don't wish we had all of this too, well, you're lying to yourself. This is the kinda stuff that makes college football great. And I'll be going to a Tennessee game this fall to experience that stuff because I can't at NU
The game day experience for the fan in the SEC is unparalleled. Whatever else you might say about the SEC, they wrote the book on tailgating.

There's a book?

a few...

tailgating.png

Calling someone "an old man who yells at clouds" (popular light-hearted Internet meme) <<<<<< using a gay slur in a moment of anger

But please accept my apology for rubbing you the wrong way. I won't bother you again.

Calling someone "an old man who yells at clouds" (popular light-hearted Internet meme) <<<<<< using a gay slur in a moment of anger

But please accept my apology for rubbing you the wrong way. I won't bother you again.

The odds are high that Willy doesn't know what you're talking about using popular memes and 'less than' signs. He oftentimes reads posts and interprets them to mean the exact opposite of what the writer wrote. It happens all the time.

Thanks. No problem.

Willycat...Northwestern's burden for over 60 years.

I think Glades discovered the true reason why NU hasn't won football national championships or gone to the NCAA basketball tournament ever...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT