ADVERTISEMENT

NU v UU @ Vegas Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
Defying all rational expectations before the season, the Cats are bowling. They face a rematch from the 2018 JV Rose Bowl of CCG runners-up (AKA the Holiday Bowl) against coaching legend Kyle Whittingham. Whittingham had had an 11-game winning streak in bowls until the run in with the Cats. His teams have not won one since. So there is likely some motivation for redemption. However, the Utes have been hit hard by injury and the Transfer Portal, so they might be vulnerable to an upset. The point spread has dropped from double digits to under a touchdown, favoring Utah.

The Cats, meanwhile, are playing with house money and likely more motivation than the Utes. While Whittingham's teams are generally very sound, they have been known to stumble...see the 3rd Quarter of the 2018 Holiday Bowl.

So, with all that, time to prognosticate:

NU 23
UU 19

Last edited:
Cats 31
Did you say "Utes" 30
What is a "ute"?

4133534_orig.jpg

Northwestern 31
Utah 20

It’s Deja UU all over again! 😂

These bowl game rosters are so chaotic, who knows who will actually be available to participate in the game. I think the big plus for NU is we get the extra practice time. It would be great to beat a PAC12 team as the conference fades into the mist. Go Cats!

Reactions: drewjin and rmndcat
I’m on the bandwagon and hoping for no more potholes. So, given our recent success and knowing we definitely care about this more than Utah, I’ll say we take the lead in the 3rd and not look back.

NU 31 Utah 22

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT