ADVERTISEMENT

Official NU-Illinois State Second Half Thread

Before any wise guy blames Thorson on that pass that was almost intercepted, that play is completely predicated on the right tackle cut blocking the DE. Olsen whiffed on his block, and that is what you get. Awful OL play.

Reactions: YesterdaysCat
When is the point that we simply wear down this FCS team and they wither away under our dominance?

Reactions: Fitz51
You can't throw it through the guy though.

Nothing wrong with speed and strength program.. If your defensive line doesn't play well it hurts your backers. Losing Watkins hurts also because he was great on run support and brought the wood.

20 for 29 68 percent or so 205 yards 7.1 yards per pass
14 for 34 40 some percent for 152 yards 4.5 yards per pass

Which is the fcs qb with 2 total starts
Which is the big ten qb with 15 starts

If Scanlan makes a half hearted attempt at a block Alviti gets a first down and possibly a TD on that run.

Nothing wrong with speed and strength program.. If your defensive line doesn't play well it hurts your backers. Losing Watkins hurts also because he was great on run support and brought the wood.
Yeah, we're really missing Watkins. Hartage had that nice pick, but otherwise he's had a tough game.

Reactions: CatsDad
They are going to win this game 7-6 and it will be awful.

Doesn't explain why OL are all returnees and can't win LOS against FCS DL

Two thoughts...

1. Gotta hand it to Fitz for going for it...he must be fed up too.

2. I'd like to see Thorson run more and make that decision about a half second sooner...I trust his legs and arm about equally, but his judgment is slow

Two thoughts...

2. I'd like to see Thorson run more and make that decision about a half second sooner...I trust his legs and arm about equally, but his judgment is slow

His judgement is slow because no one is open

Two thoughts...

Agreed. Now is BTN crew going to tell us if JJTBC is hurt?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT