ADVERTISEMENT

Opposing Team Allocations / UW-NU

ricko654321

Nov 15, 2006
Heard from a friend who went to Wisconsin that he was just able to buy 12 tickets in North endzone section through the Wisconsin allocation. Does anyone know what the opposing team allocation is at the Lakeside field? Seems wild to me they sold in a group of 12. I suppose maybe the Badger fanbase was just not aware of when they were going on sale... a shame that our long-time season ticketholders were limited to 4 by comparison.

Reactions: hdhntr1
Looks like the far north section of west side and west sections of north end zone (in other words, the northwest corner sections) are blocked off, as are the east sections of the north end zone and the north sections of the east side (in other words, the northeast corner sections). I’m guessing the former are reserved for NU students and band, and the latter are reserved for visitors. I don’t know the total visitor allocation.

Reactions: Prescott2018
Heard from a friend who went to Wisconsin that he was just able to buy 12 tickets in North endzone section through the Wisconsin allocation. Does anyone know what the opposing team allocation is at the Lakeside field? Seems wild to me they sold in a group of 12. I suppose maybe the Badger fanbase was just not aware of when they were going on sale... a shame that our long-time season ticketholders were limited to 4 by comparison.
Any Idea the price they paid? For that game better be over $200 each or we as ST buyers are really getting ripped off as the $400 figure consists of 4 basically garbage games in order to get that one. The other part is that he/she basically able to get in and get his tickets before a lot of NU season ticket holders. At this point only people who have been ST holders for more than 20 years (or paid a lot) have been able to get tickets

4 basically garbage games
If you mean garbage because of low fan interest, Then I can accept this. If you mean because of level of competition, We continually lose to puke and miami hydroxide. And indiana is supposed to be much improved.

If you mean garbage because of low fan interest, Then I can accept this. If you mean because of level of competition, We continually lose to puke and miami hydroxide. And indiana is supposed to be much improved.
The aren't the prime games. You are asked to pay for them separately

It will be interesting to see whether there will be any tickets in the secondary market, especially given the limited interest in the pricier tickets.

The aren't the prime games. You are asked to pay for them separately
True, but haven't all Wrigley games been like that? It's just that there are 2 this year. I suppose if the OSU game had been in early OCT, they'd have been lakeside

It will be interesting to see whether there will be any tickets in the secondary market, especially given the limited interest in the pricier tickets.
I suspect there will be ample tickets on secondary market. It will be interesting to see if they sell out for the reason you raise. I projected empty seats for Eastern Illinois and received some blowback here.

True, but haven't all Wrigley games been like that? It's just that there are 2 this year. I suppose if the OSU game had been in early OCT, they'd have been lakeside
True but for this year it is adding insult to injury as we are paying a huge price (about triple) for ST and even at that price we still have to pay for those two games separately

Or buy on secondary market at deeply depressed prices.
That won't work for the OSU Wrigley game, which will, anyway, be full of yahoos. Perhaps not for ILL either. So, yeah, stay home if you like, go to away games, or pay

That won't work for the OSU Wrigley game, which will, anyway, be full of yahoos. Perhaps not for ILL either. So, yeah, stay home if you like, go to away games, or pay
The Wrigley games are away games. Iowa last year was 90+% Hawkeye fans.

Reactions: hdhntr1
Or buy on secondary market at deeply depressed prices.
Are you saying that there might be a STH on here willing to sell me one for the O-H-I-O, Miami of game? 🤞
Prices depressed before the game; fans depressed if we lose this game.

Or pretend to be a wisconsin or other opponents fan and for that game get tickets thru their ticket office?
Probably would have to have priority there to get those away tickets. I am just asking what they are paying for those tickets which is what NU is charging

Any Idea the price they paid? For that game better be over $200 each or we as ST buyers are really getting ripped off as the $400 figure consists of 4 basically garbage games in order to get that one. The other part is that he/she basically able to get in and get his tickets before a lot of NU season ticket holders. At this point only people who have been ST holders for more than 20 years (or paid a lot) have been able to get tickets
They paid $150 per ticket before fees.

The Wrigley games are away games. Iowa last year was 90+% Hawkeye fans.
Okay there were lots of Iowa fans there but it was not 90%. NU fans I would estimate where somewhere in the range of 35-40% of the crowd.

OSU almost certainly we will be outnumbered again. Illinois... not so sure? When they "hosted" games at Soldier, I thought our fans outnumbered theirs. But that's prob in part because our team was decent those years (I think? if I'm recalling correctly) and they stunk. I think the crowd will probably be tilted in the favor of whichever team is having a better season. They have a very strong basketball fanbase, but their football fans seem to be pretty fairweather in my experience. Even the NU-Illinois games down in Champaign on Thanksgiving are quite... sparsely attended I would say, especially in years they are not good (though to be fair they probably have more alumni and current students in the Chicago area than downstate).

Looks like the far north section of west side and west sections of north end zone (in other words, the northwest corner sections) are blocked off, as are the east sections of the north end zone and the north sections of the east side (in other words, the northeast corner sections). I’m guessing the former are reserved for NU students and band, and the latter are reserved for visitors. I don’t know the total visitor allocation.
My understanding is that the Big 10 rule is 3000 tickets for visitors.

Okay there were lots of Iowa fans there but it was not 90%. NU fans I would estimate where somewhere in the range of 35-40% of the crowd.

OSU almost certainly we will be outnumbered again. Illinois... not so sure? When they "hosted" games at Soldier, I thought our fans outnumbered theirs. But that's prob in part because our team was decent those years (I think? if I'm recalling correctly) and they stunk. I think the crowd will probably be tilted in the favor of whichever team is having a better season. They have a very strong basketball fanbase, but their football fans seem to be pretty fairweather in my experience. Even the NU-Illinois games down in Champaign on Thanksgiving are quite... sparsely attended I would say, especially in years they are not good (though to be fair they probably have more alumni and current students in the Chicago area than downstate).
I am not exaggerating one bit. If there were more than 4000 NU fans in that stadium they must have been hiding in the restrooms. From the pregame streets of Wrigleyville to the decks overlooking Clark Street at halftime to the stands throughout the game, it was overwhelmingly Iowa fans.

I am not exaggerating one bit. If there were more than 4000 NU fans in that stadium they must have been hiding in the restrooms. From the pregame streets of Wrigleyville to the decks overlooking Clark Street at halftime to the stands throughout the game, it was overwhelmingly Iowa fans.
My hypothesis is that there were a lot of Fitz acolytes that dumped their tickets for all the games. There were like 10k there for the Maryland game. I went to every home game except Wrigley and paid ~20 per ticket on average. More for Ped State, less for Howard

My hypothesis is that there were a lot of Fitz acolytes that dumped their tickets for all the games. There were like 10k there for the Maryland game. I went to every home game except Wrigley and paid ~20 per ticket on average. More for Ped State, less for Howard
I paid 3$ each for 2 seats for Howard thru stub hub. My take is that prices for lakeside stadium seats will actually go up in price come the Fall though. Especially if we are winning and new coaches do well with our potential players. I am close to giving up on seeing nu play lakeside. I will be at Wrigley games however

There are only 15000 tix available this year

Figure the following guess

2000-3000 for students
250 for band
1500 for visitors
2000 for fat cats
5000 for season tix holders. Assuming 2500 people buy

11,000-12000 are committed.

Being on campus may make it more interesting for students and thus maybe we say 3000-5000 students.

Attendance may ultimately. One down to two things.

1. The quality of the team. As always.

2. How much the university capitalizes on making it an amazing unique game day experience.

Iowa seemed more like 3 or 4 to 1 or more and got to imagine dOSU will be as bad or worse. Il as you say, who knows. Thanksgiving so students home and a lot from Chicago and a potential alumni base of somewhere between 5 and 10 to one

There are only 15000 tix available this year

Figure the following guess

2000-3000 for students
250 for band
1500 for visitors
2000 for fat cats
5000 for season tix holders. Assuming 2500 people buy

11,000-12000 are committed.

Being on campus may make it more interesting for students and thus maybe we say 3000-5000 students.

Attendance may ultimately. One down to two things.

1. The quality of the team. As always.

2. How much the university capitalizes on making it an amazing unique game day experience.
Free beer

It was probably close to 8-10 K (20-25%) Yellow and loud just sticks out more

That is a lot this year in a 15K stadium
Looks like they should have seated them in the south end zone not the north. Nobody is buying those seats yet. Ticket office appears not to have consulted the Economics Department before setting prices.

That is a lot this year in a 15K stadium
Yes, but I suspect that the other schools will hold us to that rule. I would, if I were they. “If you guys can’t plan well enough to play in decent stadiums, that is your fault, right?”

Our fans are smart. Go to a game at Wrigley and you will likely opt out of the remaining Wrigley offerings. 80 inch Sony much better.

Reactions: No Chores
Yes, but I suspect that the other schools will hold us to that rule. I would, if I were they. “If you guys can’t plan well enough to play in decent stadiums, that is your fault, right?”
Someone from the ticket office told me that NU got a waiver from the Big Ten on that rule. I think they said it's 2,000 for visitors each ;game. Even that seems high for a 15k stadium.

Reactions: ricko654321
Just kind of curious...are the logistics nu people going to use buses or golf carts to shuttle fans from Ryan field parking lots to the lakefront field 🤔??
I thought that those parking lots were not being used

How so? I believe cost on those for ST buyers is $80/game.
Because it is the one game that is in any kind of real demand. ST holders have to pay that for all games so are paying $80 per game for EIU, MoO, Duke and Ind to get those at supposedly $80. Those visitors just get the prime game that they want. Reality is under circumstances we have here, those other games are worth a lot less. How much? Try this for an estimate EIU, $10. MoO $20, Duke $30 and IN $50 with WIS worth well over $200

Reactions: lunker35
Because it is the one game that is in any kind of real demand. ST holders have to pay that for all games so are paying $80 per game for EIU, MoO, Duke and Ind to get those at supposedly $80. Those visitors just get the prime game that they want. Reality is under circumstances we have here, those other games are worth a lot less. How much? Try this for an estimate EIU, $10. MoO $20, Duke $30 and IN $50 with WIS worth well over $200
Typically the prices for Big Ten games are higher than non-conference games. I would expect that to be true when the actually prices are announced but those ticket prices will not include the “seat licenses” that sth have to pay. In any case, building a temporary stadium and the logistics for the next two seasons is not cheap. I assume the prices are high to recoup some of that cost but it is hard to tell since there is no transparency.

Typically the prices for Big Ten games are higher than non-conference games. I would expect that to be true when the actually prices are announced but those ticket prices will not include the “seat licenses” that sth have to pay. In any case, building a temporary stadium and the logistics for the next two seasons is not cheap. I assume the prices are high to recoup some of that cost but it is hard to tell since there is no transparency.
I am talking the actual value of the individual tickets based on a $400 for the season price. My guess is that even at 2000 visitor tickets, maybe Indiana a number but EIU, MoO, and Duke?

Illini website listing end zone seats at $14.29/game:

New Season Ticket Options: Season ticket packages start at only $100 for all 7 home games during the 100 Year Anniversary of Memorial Stadium! Interested in sitting in the best seats in the house? Some seat locations may require an I FUND membership. Please call the Illinois Ticket Office at 866-ILLINI-1 to discuss priority seating options.

I am talking the actual value of the individual tickets based on a $400 for the season price. My guess is that even at 2000 visitor tickets, maybe Indiana a number but EIU, MoO, and Duke?
Yes you are talking the average price per game by taking 400 and dividing it by 5. What I am saying is “typically” the Big Ten individual prices will be higher and the non-conference lower but it will still add up to $400.

As an example say $60 for non-conference, $80 for Indiana, and $140 for Wisconsin. Hopefully they will follow the same type of pricing scheme.

The only problem is that ticket prices will not include donations that season ticket holders are asked to pay.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT