ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Buzz Off

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
In what seems to me to be an odd move, Buzz Williams is leaving Va Tech to take the aTm job. Buzz is a very good coach. I get it that he was an assistant at aTm before, but leaving the basketball-rich ACC to go to a football school? Doesn't seem like a step up for him. And Tech get the shaft.

In what seems to me to be an odd move, Buzz Williams is leaving Va Tech to take the aTm job. Buzz is a very good coach. I get it that he was an assistant at aTm before, but leaving the basketball-rich ACC to go to a football school? Doesn't seem like a step up for him. And Tech get the shaft.

Texas A&M pays top dollar and is in a conference that does not have Duke, UNC and UVa....with Miami and FSU not far behind. I hate that coaches hop scotch like this. But the financial considerations and path to success easily point to A&M over Va. Tech.

GOUNUII

He's from Texas, used to be an assistant at A&M, and has long been associated with jobs in the state. He also looks like one of those old-timey, usurious cartoon bankers in the Old West, so he'll fit right in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT