ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Caitlin Clark first WNBA rookie ever to record a triple double

12 boards
13 assists
19 points

Decent numbers I suppose…
And Angel Reese tied the all-time record for consecutive double doubles as long as we are going to keep talking about the WNBA.

I tried watching a game but too many turnovers and unathletic play for me. The lack of explosiveness is much more apparent to me in basketball than in other women’s sports. Clark would have to start scoring 30 plus points consistently for me to be interested. 16 points a game on 33 percent from 3 is not drawing me in. Give her some time. Who knows.

Reactions: Hkjb
And Angel Reese tied the all-time record for consecutive double doubles as long as we are going to keep talking about the WNBA.

I tried watching a game but too many turnovers and unathletic play for me. The lack of explosiveness is much more apparent to me in basketball than in other women’s sports. Clark would have to start scoring 30 plus points consistently for me to be interested. 16 points a game on 33 percent from 3 is not drawing me in. Give her some time. Who knows.
Maybe this can draw you in more.

Al
Maybe this can draw you in more.

Always root for Wildcats. Good for her. Thanks for sharing.

Just don’t care about some Hawkeye averaging 5.5 turnovers a game and shooting 39 percent from the field. Angel Reese is shooting 42 percent from the field and she shoots mainly from 5 feet in. That’s pretty ugly.

Clark is going to have more triple doubles this season. She's already been close a few times. The rebounding will be key.

Reese actually set the double double record in the Sky's last lost, I believe.

The recent influx of talent is setting records and the teams are generally getting better all around. Hopefully this will continue, even just incrementally, as more talented female athletes decide basketball is where they want to focus their energies.

Reactions: Cataria
Clark with 24 point and 19(!!) assists last night. That’s ridiculous.
I have to ask again, why do we care? She didn’t go to NU. Are we Iowa fans now? She has also already set the all-time single season WNBA turnover record and there are still a bunch of games left.

I have to ask again, why do we care? She didn’t go to NU. Are we Iowa fans now? She has also already set the all-time single season WNBA turnover record and there are still a bunch of games left.
Her assist to TO ratio is really good. She’s gonna have some TOs when you’re the playmaker on every single possession. So that argument is pretty much dogcrap.

And nobody’s making you care. Pretty sure you posted in the thread of your own free will.

Her assist to turnover ratio (after the 19 assists yesterday) is 8.2 to 5.6. Maybe women's basketball is different but I always viewed the baseline assist to turnover ratio as being 2 to 1. She's going to break the all-time single season turnover mark by over 100 , I think.

That's not really my point, though. She's a very good basketball player. I don't think anybody argues that. My real question for you is why do you feel the need to provide updates on an athlete with no connection to NU who is one of the most over-exposed athletes on the planet right now? I am genuinely interested why you feel this connection to her. You can't check out any sports website without Caitlyn Clark highlights or articles (even when she goes 1 for 7 from 3, they will have a highlight of her lone make). When she got pushed down, it was the biggest story in sports for several days. Almost every sports and news site in the country has articles about her assists record today. She's a talented Bronny and I sure as hell hope you are not going to start providing updates on him (did you know he hit a big shot yesterday?).

You seem really triggered, maybe just don't click on this thread anymore?

Anyhow, Clark is pretty lucky to have Boston as a teammate, they make a good duo.
Not at all. Genuinely curious. I can’t recall any updates on any other non-NU NBA or WNBA player on these boards. I am truly trying to understand the connection that people have. I watched her at the end of her career in college because she was scoring 30 plus points and hitting shots from all over the court. She’s not doing that right now so I find her a lot less interesting.

What’s she’s doing is pretty incredible, and since I started watching her (about 5 games ago), it’s making sense why she brings the attention she does. She’s revolutionizing women’s basketball with her play and attention. I would equate her to the Magic Johnson of the WNBA. She’s a lot of fun to watch, and I’ve NEVER watch women’s basketball before now.

There’s been other, longer threads on Clark in this forum. She’s a magnet for the curious.

What’s she’s doing is pretty incredible, and since I started watching her (about 5 games ago), it’s making sense why she brings the attention she does. She’s revolutionizing women’s basketball with her play and attention. I would equate her to the Magic Johnson of the WNBA. She’s a lot of fun to watch, and I’ve NEVER watch women’s basketball before now.

There’s been other, longer threads on Clark in this forum. She’s a magnet for the curious.
OK. You should check out Victor Wembanyama then. He had a triple double with blocks last year and had the same shooting percentage as Clark from 3. And he’s 7’4”. His ball handling and foot work are amazing for a guy his size. He will have a quadruple double at some point.

OK. You should check out Victor Wembanyama then. He had a triple double with blocks last year and had the same shooting percentage as Clark from 3. And he’s 7’4”. His ball handling and foot work are amazing for a guy his size. He will have a quadruple double at some point.
Victor who? Never heard of him…

Not at all. Genuinely curious. I can’t recall any updates on any other non-NU NBA or WNBA player on these boards. I am truly trying to understand the connection that people have. I watched her at the end of her career in college because she was scoring 30 plus points and hitting shots from all over the court. She’s not doing that right now so I find her a lot less interesting.

She’s a generational talent that has captured the interest of sports fans all across the country. Reminiscent of Tiger Woods first bursting onto the golf scene.

No posts on him, though…

Put that on the wrong post. Meant Victor.

Make one then. I watch Caitlin Clark games. Sorry a groundbreaking female basketball player irritates you. 🤷‍♂️
It’s fascinating to me that people have suddenly taken such an interest in assists…

Unless they are on a team that I root for, over exposed athletes/people irritate me.

But that’s my problem. Post away.

It’s fascinating to me that people have suddenly taken such an interest in assists…

Unless they are on a team that I root for, over exposed athletes/people irritate me.

24 points and 19 assists in a single women’s game is remarkable, especially for rookie. Her hype isn’t empty. The crazy thing is she’s not shooting the 3 well right now. She’s literally morphed her game in-season to maintain her effectiveness. If she ever retains her 3 point shot…yikes!

Reactions: No Chores
Her assist to turnover ratio (after the 19 assists yesterday) is 8.2 to 5.6. Maybe women's basketball is different but I always viewed the baseline assist to turnover ratio as being 2 to 1. She's going to break the all-time single season turnover mark by over 100 , I think.

It's been getting better (TOs down, assists up) as her teammates have gotten more used to the speed of her play/decision making.

As for her 3 pt shooting, the month's rest should help in that regard.

Caitlin has basically been playing non-stop (aside from a short break) since practice started for her last year of college ball, so it's understandable that she would have tired legs, especially also being the facilitator.

Even with politics involved, how was Arike not selected for the Olympics team?

She's in the prime of her career; 4 years from now, she'll be in the later stage of her prime.

Last edited:

It’s newsworthy because she looks like she’s a complete sea change in the popularity and business of the WNBA. She’s selling out every arena she visits.

It’s also notable a significant part of her sport is angry about this because of her identity and seems to prefer obscurity to her popularity, but that’s the B plot,

In completely unrelated news, its seems the WNBA is working on a new 11 year media deal that will bump their annual income by about $200 million bucks, which looks like it would trickle down about 4-5 million to each team depending on future expansions.

That's the cost of one mediocre player in the NBA, but consider in the WNBA, the largest total team salary is Dallas at $1.5 million, and it starts looking bigger.

The Olympics providing more evidence that the best women's basketball player in the world continues to be Breanna Stewart!

The Olympics providing more evidence that the best women's basketball player in the world continues to be Breanna Stewart!
It definitely isn’t the guards at that team! 0-5, 3 assists and 3 turnovers.

They definitely could’ve used a few players that didn’t make the team, like maybe a few players from the All-Star team that beat TEAM USA a few weeks ago.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
It definitely isn’t the guards at that team! 0-5, 3 assists and 3 turnovers.

They definitely could’ve used a few players that didn’t make the team, like maybe a few players from the All-Star team that beat TEAM USA a few weeks ago.
No worries... Paige Bueckers will be there next time! 😁

You definitely care. You’ve taken shots at her before. Even so, she’s the greatest women’s college basketball player of all time.
Seriously?? You’re going to pick fights with an NU fan over an Iowa Hawkeye? Maybe you’re on the wrong board. 😄

Another game yesterday and another donut in the points column for DT. She did put up stats though, a rebound to go with a turnover and two fouls.

Now shooting 16.6% from the field and 11.1% from 3pt in the 2024 Olympics leading to her 1 pt/g scoring average. On track to put up more fouls(8) than points(5), rebounds(4), or assists(6) with one game to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT