ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Da Bears problems are fixed!

SciCat

Mar 7, 2005
They just signed MARK SANCHEZ!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every Packers fan must be beside himself laughing at the Bears' stupidity.

He is just a training camp arm. Unless he rises from the ashes, it's doubtful he is on the opening day roster.

Every Packers fan must be beside himself laughing at the Bears' stupidity.

Terrible though Sanchez may be, I think we all feel better about having him behind Glennon than David Fales or Connor Shaw.

(The structure of the Glennon deal also makes it much more palatable than the headline numbers.)

Reactions: julescat
He is just a training camp arm. Unless he rises from the ashes, it's doubtful he is on the opening day roster.

Eh... I think he probably sticks on the roster as backup to Glennon while the Bears work on developing a QB they take in the middle rounds this year.

Eh... I think he probably sticks on the roster as backup to Glennon while the Bears work on developing a QB they take in the middle rounds this year.

I think Connor Shaw has a chance to surprise people. I liked him a lot when he was at South Carolina. He has all the characteristics of a successful game manager type QB in the NFL. I'd be surprised if he is not the backup to Glennon this year.

I think Connor Shaw has a chance to surprise people. I liked him a lot when he was at South Carolina. He has all the characteristics of a successful game manager type QB in the NFL. I'd be surprised if he is not the backup to Glennon this year.
Thought so as well, until this stupid signing of Sanchez. Either they are having second thoughts on Glennon realize that the fan base will go nuts if they don't draft a QB. Either way it likely pushes Shaw back to #4, even though there are no potential 1st or even 2nd round QB's on the horizon.

Thought so as well, until this stupid signing of Sanchez. Either they are having second thoughts on Glennon realize that the fan base will go nuts if they don't draft a QB. Either way it likely pushes Shaw back to #4, even though there are no potential 1st or even 2nd round QB's on the horizon.

I don't agree. Fox and Pace like Shaw. Sanchez is a very cheap insurance policy against a Glennon injury and/or a draft that does not allow them to draft a top young QB prospect. My guess is that Sanchez gets cut in training camp.

He is yet another craptastic QB making his obligatory visit to the Bears roster before fading into NFL oblivion.

Rick Mirer
Moses Moreno
Jonathan Quinn
Dave Krieg
Jim Miller
Todd Collins
Caleb Hanie
Kordell Stewart
Steve Stenstrom
Henry Burris
You forgot to mention Rusty Lisch.

Yes We Are!!!
Is not being able to find a QB really that much worse than having 2 generational QB's, i.e. A top 5 QB for 25 years and only winning 2 SB's? Green Bay sure gloats a lot for winning one SB each with top 10 all time QB's. Is there a more over rated player over the last 10 years than clay Matthews. But hey - they have those annoying discount double check commercials.

Is not being able to find a QB really that much worse than having 2 generational QB's, i.e. A top 5 QB for 25 years and only winning 2 SB's? Green Bay sure gloats a lot for winning one SB each with top 10 all time QB's. Is there a more over rated player over the last 10 years than clay Matthews. But hey - they have those annoying discount double check commercials.
Dan Marino. Not proposing him as overrated. But to me the prime example of a superior quarterback that never won the Super Bowl. And then you have Joe Flacco...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT