ADVERTISEMENT

OT -Happy Birthday, CoralSpringsCat!

FloridAlum

May 29, 2001
You see it’s like this, Coral lives about 7 to 10 miles west of me. Usually about once every month or two when he feels like driving to the Eastside on Saturday morning we meet for breakfast. Also the guy is kind of like a restaurant expert who loves finding new places to eat. About three weeks ago he sent me a text that he heard about a new little place not far from me, so let’s try it for Saturday morning breakfast. We go there, and the place is great. This young couple from France started a little café the middle of last year and it is getting rave reviews. In less than six months it showed up on a Yelp list of top 100 restaurants in the country.The owners are great, the food is great, a bunch of stuff is authentic French, the husband was a trained baker in France and everything like croissant’s, quiches, crepes, Etc. are homemade on the spot. We both decided that we had to come back again.

Thursday night I got a text that says let’s go back to Amy’s Saturday morning for breakfast, sure thing. So we go back this morning, Everything is great, like what frequently happens I want to sit and relax and chat and have another cuppa coffee and he is in a rush to takeoff and run errands. He leaves, I get a refill and sit outdoors and enjoy the beautiful weather. When I get home I look at Facebook and realize that today is his birthday. He did not say one word about that when we were at breakfast. Don’t you think he should’ve mentioned it! Don’t you think he should’ve given me a chance to buy his breakfast!Nope, he doesn’t say a word, he eats fast and takes off to go get a haircut.What a big turkey he is.

Anyway, Happy Birthday, CoralDude, wherever you are!

https://m.facebook.com/amysbakeryandbistro/

You see it’s like this, Coral lives about 7 to 10 miles west of me. Usually about once every month or two when he feels like driving to the Eastside on Saturday morning we meet for breakfast. Also the guy is kind of like a restaurant expert who loves finding new places to eat. About three weeks ago he sent me a text that he heard about a new little place not far from me, so let’s try it for Saturday morning breakfast. We go there, and the place is great. This young couple from France started a little café the middle of last year and it is getting rave reviews. In less than six months it showed up on a Yelp list of top 100 restaurants in the country.The owners are great, the food is great, a bunch of stuff is authentic French, the husband was a trained baker in France and everything like croissant’s, quiches, crepes, Etc. are homemade on the spot. We both decided that we had to come back again.

Thursday night I got a text that says let’s go back to Amy’s Saturday morning for breakfast, sure thing. So we go back this morning, Everything is great, like what frequently happens I want to sit and relax and chat and have another cuppa coffee and he is in a rush to takeoff and run errands. He leaves, I get a refill and sit outdoors and enjoy the beautiful weather. When I get home I look at Facebook and realize that today is his birthday. He did not say one word about that when we were at breakfast. Don’t you think he should’ve mentioned it! Don’t you think he should’ve given me a chance to buy his breakfast!Nope, he doesn’t say a word, he eats fast and takes off to go get a haircut.What a big turkey he is.

Anyway, Happy Birthday, CoralDude, wherever you are!

https://m.facebook.com/amysbakeryandbistro/

CSC, Have a great one today !

FloridAlum, any chance you could edit the headline to read something like, for example, Happy Birthday CoralSpringsCat! ?

Reactions: cat inkansas
That is a doofus thing to do, especially when you could've gotten something free from FA. ;)

That is a doofus thing to do, especially when you could've gotten something free from FA. ;)

Precisely, the dude had a free breakfast in the palm of his hand and did nothing about it. Almost unthinkable.

Dang Coral. I was in Boca this week. I would have treated you to breakfast (but not FloridAlum, as he still owes me drinks).

Reactions: cat inkansas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT