ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Michigan - Gonzaga

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
This is shaping up to be a really interesting final. Hard to see Michigan losing before the Finals given their bracket draw, the Zags really look good and should beat Baylor in a close Semi. The last and only undefeated National Champion beat Michigan in the Finals.....will the Zags repeat history??

The Zags are ridiculously talented on offense.

They’re Iowa on steroids for anyone who has not seen them. IA is great on offense, at best average on defense. The Zags are not just good, but terrific on offense. On defense they are not terrific but they are above average.

This is shaping up to be a really interesting final. Hard to see Michigan losing before the Finals given their bracket draw, the Zags really look good and should beat Baylor in a close Semi. The last and only undefeated National Champion beat Michigan in the Finals.....will the Zags repeat history??
Michigan and Gonzaga are on the same side of the bracket so won't meet in the final.

My bad. I read the bracket wrong. Thanks for the correction.
Still, Michigan and Gonzaga in one semi, and Baylor and Houston in the other should be pretty exciting matchups. Anything can happen before then of course, but at this point, those clearly look to be the top four teams remaining.

Still, Michigan and Gonzaga in one semi, and Baylor and Houston in the other should be pretty exciting matchups. Anything can happen before then of course, but at this point, those clearly look to be the top four teams remaining.
I don’t disagree but I am beyond betting against Pac12 teams

I don’t disagree but I am beyond betting against Pac12 teams
Well, I'd bet that a Pac12 team will lose the late game tonight. :)

Houston should beat Oregon State, but I won't bet against the Beavers.

Michigan and Gonzaga won't lose in the next round.

Reactions: GatoLouco
Good point. UCLA played pretty well tonight. You'd have to be nuts to take the Pac-12 teams for granted at this point.
My father-in-law, a long suffering UCLA alum who still talks about the glory days of the John Wooden era, is beside himself. I hope they can beat Michigan and make the Final Four, but that will be a tough matchup for the Bruins.

As much as I’d like to see the BIG have success, this Michigan-UCLA game is simply to see who gets to be blown out by Gonzaga.

Reactions: Dugan15
Hard to believe how bad Big10 is in this tournament including this game.

Michigan was just horrendous at the end. Wagner airballed an open three and then the player who got the offensive rebounder forced up a quick shot instead of taking the time (which he had) to get a better look. They had every opportunity to win that game.

Michigan was just horrendous at the end. Wagner airballed an open three and then the player who got the offensive rebounder forced up a quick shot instead of taking the time (which he had) to get a better look. They had every opportunity to win that game.

I think the announcer said that Michigan missed its last 8 shots. And they lost by 2. They had good looks from three and shots right at the rim. I'm sure they're kicking themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT