ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Minnesota hit with 3 decommits in 3 weeks

Well, looks like the Gophers will be repping the B1G in the college playoffs next year... good for them... otherwise I wonder if Lauren will return to explain where everything went wrong.

Let's see you face a new gophers DCoordinator this year and not Robb Smith. That was Morgan 2nd or 3rd game he started so let's see about that.

A Minnesota fan is on our board chirping about wins over very average Purdue, Wisconsin, and Georgia Tech teams based on the hope of a new DC.

We have reached the doldrums of the offseason earlier than usual.

He is grooming his players to be used car salesman like him. They should transfer. They can do much better

This I agree with. I cant stand when a change is needed, it is obvious to everyone in the world, and a coach waits until EOY to make a change. JFDI
They usually wait so that it expands the pool of available candidates after head coaching changes are made at the end of the season. If their guy is in house or on the street it can make sense to move quicker, but not always possible.

Last edited:
They usually wait so that it expands the pool of available candidates after head coaching changes are made at the end of the season. If there guy is in house or on the street it can make sense to move quicker, but not always possible.
I understand, but sometimes the situation sucks so much that an interim guy doing double duty is preferable. Just to send a message that, say, giving up 60 points to Ill-annoy is unacceptable

Reactions: STPGopherfan
Hoping that Ali Saad becomes another Minnesota decommit and flips to the Cats. Bummed to see him joining the Fighting Flecks.

FWIW, Aaron Witt has committed to Iowa now. I think that is the 3rd kid since Fleck has been there that had committed to Minnesota, decommitted and committed to Iowa. Ihmir Smith-Marsette (WR & KR), Noah Shannon (DT) and now Witt. Fleck can can apparently sell a deal, just can't close the deal. LOL

FWIW, Aaron Witt has committed to Iowa now. I think that is the 3rd kid since Fleck has been there that had committed to Minnesota, decommitted and committed to Iowa. Ihmir Smith-Marsette (WR & KR), Noah Shannon (DT) and now Witt. Fleck can can apparently sell a deal, just can't close the deal. LOL

He can take a reservation. He just can't hold a reservation.

Fact are, you are ignoring Gophers had the worst DCoordinator of all time & fired him after this game. The gophers went on a win on to beat Indiana, Purdue, & Badgers & & Georgia Tech after inserting Daniel faleele & scoring more than 30 a game & putting a new DCoordinator in place, shutting out & changing defenses.. Other teams couldnt do anything agaagai Gophers after Robb Smith was fired
‘Fact are’ ‘you are ignoring Gophers had’ ‘went on a win on’ ‘couldnt do anything agaagai’? This can’t be an actual functioning person writing this, can it? Perhaps the Russian bots have invaded our boards?

Minnesota has a total of 18 decommits in the 2018-20 classes so far, which leads the BIG.

‘Fact are’ ‘you are ignoring Gophers had’ ‘went on a win on’ ‘couldnt do anything agaagai’? This can’t be an actual functioning person writing this, can it? Perhaps the Russian bots have invaded our boards?
No, that's probably a Minnesota alum. ;)

I think PDP98 is a PDP 8 bot with a spelling issue. Does anyone else remember the PDP 8 at tech?
I can unequivocally confirm absolutely no connection to tech as I was Comm Studies. We were all terrified of any and all activities, classes and general goings on in tech. With that said, I do remember entering for one class - Intro to Sociology - with Prof. Charlie Moskos, of ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ infamy. It was the only building that could hold such a large class.

Fleck is a good coach! He beat some good teams last year, including Wisconsin and Purdue and Ohio State.

Minnesota lost 30-14 to Ohio State in Columbus. They don't play this year in regular B1G season. Iowa (2017) and Purdue (2018) are the only conference losses the past two seasons for the Buckeyes.

Fleck is doing just fine. He landed his best 2 recruits for the 2020 class in the past week. Things are right on schedule in Dinkytown with 90% of their production returning and will be featuring one of the best WR and RB units in the B1G this fall.

Fleck is doing just fine. He landed his best 2 recruits for the 2020 class in the past week. Things are right on schedule in Dinkytown with 90% of their production returning and will be featuring one of the best WR and RB units in the B1G this fall.

Is it good to return 90% production from a pretty crappy offense?

Is it good to return 90% production from a pretty crappy offense?

Not sure if serious? Granted NW did a nice job on them but the stats beg to differ with your hyperbole in the last month of the season. Oh, and they used their 3rd string RB for the last 10 games or so. The others will be back. It remains to be seen how they do returning from injury.

Not sure if serious? Granted NW did a nice job on them but the stats beg to differ with your hyperbole in the last month of the season. Oh, and they used their 3rd string RB for the last 10 games or so. The others will be back. It remains to be seen how they do returning from injury.

Very serious. NU stopped up that offense completely on cruise control, playing an extremely vanilla defense.

Fleck will hav3 his half dozen or so decommits as usual. Probably the lowest rated guys that Fleck ignores as signing date nears. You should be ok.

Amazing, how, even with those two "best" recruits, your average commit rating for the 2020 class is still only 85.31, ahead of only those BIG ten powerhouses Indiana, Maryland (a team with a brand new coach), and Rutgers. Quantity does not equal quality...

I used to think of Minnesota as an occasionally competitive team in a frozen wasteland. (Intentional insulting scorn added). Didnt they have a blog called "fringe bowl team"?

Luckily, with annoying Fleck and now a few inexplicably arrogant fans, this has suddenly gotten more interesting. I used to root for them to win the Axe just because they are NOT Wisconsin. Now I see the error of my ways

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT