ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Minnesota hit with 3 decommits in 3 weeks

Amazing, how, even with those two "best" recruits, your average commit rating for the 2020 class is still only 85.31, ahead of only those BIG ten powerhouses Indiana, Maryland (a team with a brand new coach), and Rutgers. Quantity does not equal quality...

Well they are middle of the pack on composite ratings right now in the B1G. I look at peers (i.e. p5 offers) more than anything. As recent as Tracy Claeys, you'd see a bunch of MAC offers and maybe one or two P5 offers. Now you see Wisconsin, Iowa, Notre Dame, SEC schools. Take a look at those RU recruits and their offer lists on those 5.5's & 5.6 3*'s. Fleck isn't getting beaten by those bottom feeders you mention above very often if at all. Trust me, we'd piss and moan about it all the time during the Kill/Claeys years, although hey did get their guys to produce at a decent level.

I like Fitz and I like NW on the over with that line. Nebby on the under. Not sure why all the hostility when a visiting poster wanders over. I was just pointing out how outsiders view the B1G West.

Last edited:
You're exactly right. I look at peers (i.e. p5 offers) more than anything. As recent as Tracy Claeys, you'd see a bunch of MAC offers and maybe one or two P5 offers. Now you see Wisconsin, Iowa, Notre Dame, SEC schools. Take a look at those RU recruits and their offer lists on those 5.5's & 5.6 3*'s. Fleck isn't getting beaten by those bottom feeders you mention above very often if at all. Trust me, we'd piss and moan about it all the time during the Kill/Claeys years. They did get their guys to produce at a decent level.

I like Fitz and I like NW on the over with that line. Nebby on the under. Not sure why all the hostility when a visiting poster wanders over. I will defend misconceptions on Fleck. If you don't like the guy, fine, I get it. They will take another step this year.

Headline recruits are nice, but teams compete for titles based on depth. I haven’t had time to watch much tape, but Fleck is still taking plenty of guys with very pedestrian offer lists (Collier, Finnessey, Bellido, Lindenberg, Henderson, Glaze — highly skeptical of reported SEC offers, Krueder, Ersery, and Dixon all make you go hmm...).

Inferiority complex. You should see what happens when an ND fan wanders over...
MInny has a very manageable schedule this year. No Michigan, OSU or MSU. No big time OOC game although Fresno on the coast will be a challenge for them. I'm seeing 8 wins (3-0 in the OOC and 5-4 in the BIG) on the high side if they get good QB play and the ball bounces there way throughout the season. On the low side 5 wins is a realistic number, losing only @ Fresno in the OOC, and beating only Rutgers, Maryland and Illinois in the BIG. Winning @ Purdue, Iowa and NU will be tough for the Gophers, as will winning home games with Nebby, PSU and Wisconsin.

So the over/under at 6 or 7 seems right for Minny ... I like NU at 7 or 8 for the over/under. 3-3 after the first 6 would be a solid start for the defending Western Div. Champs. Then we go on a 6-0 run in the back half to finish 9-3 on the high side. Very doable with a good year from HJ. 2-4 and 4-2 on the low side if HJ is subpar and the kicking game costs us one.

GOUNUII

MInny has a very manageable schedule this year. No Michigan, OSU or MSU. No big time OOC game although Fresno on the coast will be a challenge for them. I'm seeing 8 wins (3-0 in the OOC and 5-4 in the BIG) on the high side if they get good QB play and the ball bounces there way throughout the season. On the low side 5 wins is a realistic number, losing only @ Fresno in the OOC, and beating only Rutgers, Maryland and Illinois in the BIG. Winning @ Purdue, Iowa and NU will be tough for the Gophers, as will winning home games with Nebby, PSU and Wisconsin.

So the over/under at 6 or 7 seems right for Minny ... I like NU at 7 or 8 for the over/under. 3-3 after the first 6 would be a solid start for the defending Western Div. Champs. Then we go on a 6-0 run in the back half to finish 9-3 on the high side. Very doable with a good year from HJ. 2-4 and 4-2 on the low side if HJ is subpar and the kicking game costs us one.

GOUNUII

Yup, and getting Rutgers as one of their crossovers certainly will help. Their OOC is actually a bit of a bear, though, imo; San Diego state is nearly as good as Fresno on paper, and Georgia Southern is a sneaky-good Sun Belt team. No cupcakes there...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT