ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NL will use DH for EVER :(

White Sox winner and LuBob threw me a ball in T9. I didn’t fumble, actually out extended the guys that leaned in :)

Doesn’t Donaldson have a reputation as a jackass?
Possibly. How would you describe Mr. Anderson?
Not sure if calling TA, Jackie Robinson is going to fly!
What if he describes himself that way? And someone else much worse (see article above)?

Possibly. How would you describe Mr. Anderson?

What if he describes himself that way? And someone else much worse (see article above)?
Wtf are you talking about?

Wtf are you talking about?
Did you make any attempt at reading the article I provided? “tf” I’m talking about is right in it. From said article in 2019:

“I kind of feel like today’s Jackie Robinson,” he says. Mr. Anderson opened the door for potential mocking/derision with his ridiculous comparison. Mr. La Russa made an incorrect claim in his post-game press conference that isn’t making the situation any better. He should read a story about a boy crying wolf.

At that time Mr. Anderson received a 1 game suspension for saying the following about an opposing white player:
“I called him a weak-ass f------ n-----,” he says.
That statement was able “to fly”. Imagine what the punishment would have been had a white guy said that about him.

I won’t address anything else in the article as this does not seem to be the appropriate forum.

images

Did you make any attempt at reading the article I provided? “tf” I’m talking about is right in it. From said article in 2019:

“I kind of feel like today’s Jackie Robinson,” he says. Mr. Anderson opened the door for potential mocking/derision with his ridiculous comparison. Mr. La Russa made an incorrect claim in his post-game press conference that isn’t making the situation any better. He should read a story about a boy crying wolf.

At that time Mr. Anderson received a 1 game suspension for saying the following about an opposing white player:
“I called him a weak-ass f------ n-----,” he says.
That statement was able “to fly”. Imagine what the punishment would have been had a white guy said that about him.

I won’t address anything else in the article as this does not seem to be the appropriate forum.
I read it.

Look, I believe the race card is pulled out plenty of times when it shouldn’t be, but if you can’t see how calling a black player Jackie is not at minimum a provocative insult, I can’t help you. There is a reason Yasmani confronted Donaldson at the plate. Donaldson has always been a world class a__hole. Nowhere did anyone claimed TA is a Saint. He’s not. He is cantankerous and I wouldn’t like his act if I played against him. I would have drilled his ass just like Keller did after that bat flip incident, but I wouldn’t have yelled take that Jackie!

As far as a white player calling TA a “weak ass f——— n———“. Of course it would be met with outrage. Do you think a black player calling a white player “a weak ass f——— Pasty H——-“. Wouldn’t cause a similar uproar? Like it or not, a black player using the n word is not the same as a white player using the n word. It is no different with any ethnic group. Gay people notoriously needle gay people with things that no straight person would ever get away with saying.

I read it.

Look, I believe the race card is pulled out plenty of times when it shouldn’t be, but if you can’t see how calling a black player Jackie is not at minimum a provocative insult, I can’t help you. There is a reason Yasmani confronted Donaldson at the plate. Donaldson has always been a world class a__hole. Nowhere did anyone claimed TA is a Saint. He’s not. He is cantankerous and I wouldn’t like his act if I played against him. I would have drilled his ass just like Keller did after that bat flip incident, but I wouldn’t have yelled take that Jackie!

As far as a white player calling TA a “weak ass f——— n———“. Of course it would be met with outrage. Do you think a black player calling a white player “a weak ass f——— Pasty H——-“. Wouldn’t cause a similar uproar? Like it or not, a black player using the n word is not the same as a white player using the n word. It is no different with any ethnic group. Gay people notoriously needle gay people with things that no straight person would ever get away with saying.
This is the correct take. Donaldson and TA aren’t friends. TA actually hates him, as does the rest of the team. I hate the race card too a lot of times, but Donaldson is a little troll and he knew what he was doing.

This is the correct take. Donaldson and TA aren’t friends. TA actually hates him, as does the rest of the team. I hate the race card too a lot of times, but Donaldson is a little troll and he knew what he was doing.
TA is a jackass (great player though) and I don’t really care much either way here, but the take that Donaldson 100% revels and seeks out opportunities to grate on opponents is completely right.

Calling yourself a modern day Jackie Robinson is so laughably ridiculous though

TA is a jackass (great player though) and I don’t really care much either way here, but the take that Donaldson 100% revels and seeks out opportunities to grate on opponents is completely right.

Calling yourself a modern day Jackie Robinson is so laughably ridiculous though
He meant he wants to "change the game" and be a great influence on AA youth like Jackie Robinson was. When taken at face value sure, it's a dumb quote. But context matters.

I don't think Donaldson is some racist but it's crystal clear he's a little troll that loves toeing the line. On top of his issues with a lot of the rest of the league, he knows damn well what his relationship with the White Sox is. Throwing that comment out was a way to needle TA and in the year 2022, you gotta be a complete idiot to go that route

Really wondering what Judge or Hicks have to say about the matter

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
I read it.

Look, I believe the race card is pulled out plenty of times when it shouldn’t be, but if you can’t see how calling a black player Jackie is not at minimum a provocative insult
It wasn't any random player who happened to be black. It was made to a specific person who had earlier made the comparison himself.

That said, why should a comparison to Jackie Robinson be considered an insult? I would definitely understand someone like OJ. I could even see it with Barry Bonds pending the context.
Donaldson has always been a world class a__hole. Nowhere did anyone claimed TA is a Saint.
Nowhere did I write anything positive about Mr. Donaldson. I inquired to the poster who described Mr. Donaldson as to how he would describe Mr. Anderson.

MLB is in a tough spot. After pulling the AS game out of Atlanta last year and then get hit w terrible publicity re damage to small minority owned businesses and CO voting laws — if they fumble this, they will truly become a laughing stock. Who was that last commissioner that nobody respected? Fehr?

Anywho, I suspect Donaldson pulls a lengthy suspension for this one.

MLB is in a tough spot. After pulling the AS game out of Atlanta last year and then get hit w terrible publicity re damage to small minority owned businesses and CO voting laws — if they fumble this, they will truly become a laughing stock. Who was that last commissioner that nobody respected? Fehr?

Anywho, I suspect Donaldson pulls a lengthy suspension for this one.
How many games ill Anderson be forced to miss?

How many games ill Anderson be forced to miss?
I’ll wager zero for anything to do with this weekend though playing the cubs is killing missing games since there is no substance there.

btw, where did rizzo, Bryant, Baez go? I thought you said cub empire was locking them down to rule the world forever? :)

Having madrigal on the Cubs has only reinforced my original opinion, Nico Hoerner is a much better mlb player than Madrigal. Hard to believe Hahn thought Madeigal was worthy of a top 5 pick.

I'll ask around in a few days if we don't have an update
I think our bet was to compare the two after 500 career at bats. Madrigal is always hurr so not sure if he has reached that threshold but Hoerner has.

Last edited:
Madrigal sucks. I hated that pick from the moment it was made.
The best bat-first, high-contact, no-power second basemen since Dustin Ackley!

(Ackley was, it should be noted, an even worse pick, as he was a college outfielder announced as a second baseman.)

Ohtani’s recent 13-K game aired on mlb network, the same night the Angels were honoring the 20th anniversary of their World Series team. Darin Erstad and David Eckstein were spectacular in the booth together (Erstad, from North Dakota, has quite the cadence and accent), and Scott Spiezio spoke briefly about his four years sober, which was cool. I had always liked that Salmon-Anderson group since the mid-90s (Edmonds was in StL by the time they won), and I was disappointed that neither of those long-timers got on the air. Tony Phillips was a ‘new position every day’ leadoff man (tho long gone by the time that 2002 rolled around, but I think he’s why I started liking the team), foreshadowing the value we now see in “six different gloves” guys.

Anyway, Ohtani is amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosboot
Having madrigal on the Cubs has only reinforced my original opinion, Nico Hoerner is a much better mlb player than Madrigal. Hard to believe Hahn thought Madeigal was worthy of a top 5 pick.

I am surprised it took you until the end of June to declare victory on this one. Hoerner always had the skills to be a decent hitter despite a lack of HR power. This guy that you posted about raving about his defense doesn’t convince me is anything more than average at shortstop.

Excuse me while I hustle off to the Basketball board to get puffy chested on my original take that Ja Morant would be at least as good as Zion Williamson in what you called a one person draft. 🤣

I think our bet was to compare the two after 500 career at bats. Madrigal is always hurr so not sure if he has reached that threshold but Hoerner has.

You won the bet but I want it known I only made the bet for gambling's sake. Not because I thought I was making a good wager. Madrigal is a bad baseball player.

Also - Hostetler was the one who convinced Hahn to take him at 4. That's why he's no longer in charge of Amateur scouting and moved to the pro side. Just a brutal pick and anyone with a modicum of baseball knowledge knew Madrigal was always going to be physically overmatched against pro pitching

I am surprised it took you until the end of June to declare victory on this one. Hoerner always had the skills to be a decent hitter despite a lack of HR power. This guy that you posted about raving about his defense doesn’t convince me is anything more than average at shortstop.

Excuse me while I hustle off to the Basketball board to get puffy chested on my original take that Ja Morant would be at least as good as Zion Williamson in what you called a one person draft. 🤣
I am cautious on Hoerner because he also has had a hard time staying healthy. When he plays, he has been outstanding. reminds me of Crawford from the Gonts.

pretty sure you have me confused with someone else. I almost never post on the basketball board and can’t imagine having much of an opinion on that draft.

I am cautious on Hoerner because he also has had a hard time staying healthy. When he plays, he has been outstanding. reminds me of Crawford from the Gonts.

pretty sure you have me confused with someone else. I almost never post on the basketball board and can’t imagine having much of an opinion on that draft.
Thread 'murray state vs marquette'
https://northwestern.forums.rivals.com/threads/murray-state-vs-marquette.44146/

Here is the thread. A Bob like retrieval, but I remember this one. Not the best prediction by you or GCG, but hey respect you had an opinion that you stood with.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Thread 'murray state vs marquette'
https://northwestern.forums.rivals.com/threads/murray-state-vs-marquette.44146/

Here is the thread. A Bob like retrieval, but I remember this one. Not the best prediction by you or GCG, but hey respect you had an opinion that you stood with.
Ok, I guess I did. Memory just isn’t what it used to be. Having said that, I did caveat everything by saying it was an impression based solely on that one game which I acknowledged is not a big enough sample size. He has turned out to be a hell of a player. Zion just doesn’t seem motivated to play/be great. He might eat himself out of the league.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
It was two down years, but it’s already better to be a Cubs fan than a Southsider again.

It’ll be tough, but there’ll be poems written about Swanson and Hoerner up the middle.

ChatGPT tried.
With Swanson at short, Hoerner at second,
And Mancini manning first, it's an end,
Their gloves are a sight
And their skills take flight,
Truly making the Tinker to Evers to Chance blend!

@phatcat , @Purple Pile Driver , you rang?

Last edited:
  • Haha
It was two down years, but it’s already better to be a Cubs fan than a Southsider again.

It’ll be tough, but there’ll be poems written about Swanson and Hoerner up the middle.

ChatGPT tried.
Their gloves are a sight

Yay! The DH thread is back!

And so are the days of Cubs overpaying for free agents. The Northsiders definitely need to win with defense or hope that MLB starts letting you tally a run if you execute a really pretty double play because there is very little offense and only mediocre starting pitching on this club. The Southsiders have different problems...between the two teams there could be one really good squad!

ChatGPT tried.
Their gloves are a sight

Angry Spongebob Squarepants GIF

ChatGPT tried.
Their gloves are a sight

If Cappy kills this thread…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT