ADVERTISEMENT

Our guy is in the portal: Malik Mack, Harvard

Perkins is probably more of a sure thing as a high level contributor, for Flagg is the type of guy who could single handedly push you to a championship.

Go ahead and take a look at the recruiting rankings for next year and consider how horrifying Duke is going to be, by the way. One of the best recruiting classes ever with multiple lottery picks. I kinda thought Duke would take a step back after Coach K and I was simply wrong as shit.
I haven’t looked. But one simply cannot have any idea what one-and-dones, or teams comprised of them, will do — until they’ve won the title or flamed out in March or flamed out before then.

The number of “holy jeez, he’s from Kentucky too” players in the NBA is shocking.

I haven’t looked. But one simply cannot have any idea what one-and-dones, or teams comprised of them, will do — until they’ve won the title or flamed out in March or flamed out before then.

The number of “holy jeez, he’s from Kentucky too” players in the NBA is shocking.
There’s also a different between a typical one and done and a player like Flagg.

Reactions: NTCAT
Like lots of guards this season, this guy lit up IU for 27 points in late-November. Was a precursor of what would be a common occurrence. The joke at the time on the board was one of the coaches whispered to him in handshake line “hey, kid, you’re better than any guard we have. Let’s talk again after the season.”

Would love to have him at IU, but who knows if Woody can actually coach him. I’m sure CCC would have a better idea on how to use him. And if Woody can’t close on Tony Perkins, then he’s an even more inept recruiter than even previously thought.

Word is Mgbako will get NBA feedback, but likely will be back to IU. Never know these days, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricko654321
Boo got 400k I heard and Chase had 350k on the table before he decided to go pro. Of course, that’s separate from endorsements of which Boo had a few good ones so I’d bet he’s made 500k.

Reactions: CatManTrue
If you mean transfers I don’t know but walker lambiotte transferred in and was top 100 out of high school and Evan Eschmeyer was #33 out of high school.
Lambiotte was McDonald’s AA. Michael Thompson who transferred in from Duke was a McDonald’s AA too.

I also thought Swopshire who transferred in from Louisville and Bernadin(?) forget his name from Kentucky were highly regarded coming out of HS but unclear how they were ranked.

Lambiotte was McDonald’s AA. Michael Thompson who transferred in from Duke was a McDonald’s AA too.

I also thought Swopshire who transferred in from Louisville and Bernadin(?) forget his name from Kentucky were highly regarded coming out of HS but unclear how they were ranked.

How’d that turn out?

Bernard Cote! Lolololololololol

Tony Perkins is not going to be a Wildcat.
His offer list coming out of high school was
Iowa, Bradley, Miami (OH), Ball State and a few lesser schools.
Congrats to Fran McCaffrey for seeing the talent and (possibly) developing Perkins.

But that list of schools strongly suggests Perkins is not academically ready for Northwestern...
So he will probably play for a basketball school in the Big 12 or the SEC.

Perkins to Missouri.

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
This. Is. Our. Guy.

Reality is driving the bus. Mack was a freshman at Harvard and he wanted out. Can't do much better than Harvard if you intend to pursue a "normal" career.

He's thinking NBA and "pay me to play in case I don't make it."

Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT