ADVERTISEMENT

Pathetic, Pathetic, Pathetic

catfans5

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2011
I write this right after Duke went up 31-10 in the 3rd quarter.

For years the propaganda that this is the best talented, strongest, most athletic, hardest working team we have ever had. I will salute the players for their efforts and do not denigrate a single one of them. We have one of our greatest running backs in history and a great safety. We have one of the smartest group of young men and I do not doubt this.

However, the three words I used here describe the team's performance in all 3 phases of the game which led to the outcome so far which continues into the 4th quarter. We get the continued propaganda of positivity and player development from Pat(hetic) Fitzgerald. Unfortunately, many of us, myself included to some extent, who are very smart (I do not fit into that bunch), believe the propaganda. The belief or faith in the football program becomes very hard when it is compared to what is occurring in basketball which has an excellent coaching staff.

Please spare me the excuse of secondary injuries. Secondary is not a concern if we control and dominate the line of scrimmage and pressure the qb. It is also not a concern if we control the ball which requires domination of the line of scrimmage. Please spare me the argument that "you only comment when the Cats lose." My distaste for the staff came out clearly after the Michigan debacle years ago and has never really left.

Time to go to a U15 travel girls soccer game. I know what will occur in that game which has not occurred today: players will play with determination, heart and grit; players will be put in a position to excel; and, coaching strategy will change depending on what occurs during the game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT