ADVERTISEMENT

PBJ to NBA

He won’t be invited to the draft, but has a chance to get late first round money.

Even if he doesn’t regret choosing UWM over Duke, his agent sure does.

He won’t be invited to the draft, but has a chance to get late first round money.

Even if he doesn’t regret choosing UWM over Duke, his agent sure does.
I'm just surprised that in addition to struggling offensively he was criticized for his motor and defensive effort. I know that your kids are not always going to be just like you but he's like the exact opposite of his Dad. Sr. was a tough, full-effort dude.

High likelihood he’s a complete bust. Stats don’t lie.
The kid wanted to play for his father. I wanted to see him in purple, but I can't begrudge him for that.

And if he's hearing from the scouts that he's still a first-rounder, I can't begrudge him for taking the money.

There is no reason to hold resentment for him.

Reactions: DaCat
The kid wanted to play for his father. I wanted to see him in purple, but I can't begrudge him for that.

And if he's hearing from the scouts that he's still a first-rounder, I can't begrudge him for taking the money.

There is no reason to hold resentment for him.
I'm not sure why you read "resentment" into Purple Knight's comment. Just seems like an opinion about PBJ as an NBA player. As far as I know, people are allowed to state their opinions, even if they run counter to yours or mine.

Yes, I know Purple Knight can be harsh. Thats okay by me. If we all think the same thing there's nothing to talk about.

I'm not sure why you read "resentment" into Purple Knight's comment. Just seems like an opinion about PBJ as an NBA player. As far as I know, people are allowed to state their opinions, even if they run counter to yours or mine.

Yes, I know Purple Knight can be harsh. Thats okay by me. If we all think the same thing there's nothing to talk about.

Or would could talk about the same things over and over and over and over and over.

Or would could talk about the same things over and over and over and over and over.
Or we could constantly complain about other people stating their opinion.

I get it - you're the one in the middle

K6TsWw_o-z35ARhbJhgDea-2EdakaHW-YEF153cs5Bg.jpg

Did anyone else think about peanut butter & jelly sandwiches when they saw this thread title?

Just me? Ok. Good luck to Peanut Butter & Patrick Baldwin Jelly Junior.

Collins sucks! Play Nicholson more! I’d rather be the ape than the jackass.
I have written the word "sucks" in exactly 3 things I have posted here. (now 4)
None of them were about Collins.

You need a new routine. Being a troll doesn't suit you. Mis-information is the tool of the evil one.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I'm surprised that anybody is surprised.
He had a great high school career and followed it up with injuries, poor performances, and demonstrated a lot of flaws and weakness at the college level. I don't fancy myself a basketball or draft expert and I just don't see him as someone with draft value. He reads like an injury-prone project better served with three more years of college to shape up his game.

He had a great high school career and followed it up with injuries, poor performances, and demonstrated a lot of flaws and weakness at the college level. I don't fancy myself a basketball or draft expert and I just don't see him as someone with draft value. He reads like an injury-prone project better served with three more years of college to shape up his game.
He's incredibly talented. I had the chance of seeing him in 3 or 4 games. Even not playing well, against FL, his touch stood out as the undisputed most talented player on the court.

What also stood out was how incredibly soft he was.

Reactions: EagerFan
I have written the word "sucks" in exactly 3 things I have posted here. (now 4)
None of them were about Collins.

You need a new routine. Being a troll doesn't suit you. Mis-information is the tool of the evil one.
That 1st paragraph is either great self-deprecating sarcasm or just plain scary.

The 2nd paragraph sounds like something Joy Behar would say.

GOUNUII

Reactions: No Chores
Do you feel better about yourself now?
The world is full of prognosticators. Many predicted this recession. Predicted the inflation. Predicted the Ukraine conflict. Do you expect that makes them feel good to see it happen? I guess they and PK feel better about their superior ability to evaluate conditions and accurately predict the outcome. Is that a bad thing in your mind?

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
Do you feel better about yourself now?
I’ll go a step further. People lost lives, lost money, lost jobs because the inflation occurred and was real, the recession came to happen, Russia invaded Ukraine. I wonder if they blame there woes on those prognosticators. Sad if they do - probably means they will just keep experiencing hardship in life. Oh well - Darwinism.

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
The world is full of prognosticators. Many predicted this recession. Predicted the inflation. Predicted the Ukraine conflict. Do you expect that makes them feel good to see it happen? I guess they and PK feel better about their superior ability to evaluate conditions and accurately predict the outcome. Is that a bad thing in your mind?
You actually just compared the conflict in the Ukraine to an 18-year-old basketball player who grew up around the Northwestern program, whose parents are NU alums, and whose father helped the program to a landmark season. Someone chose to dump on that kid and that's seriously the best comparison you could come up with?

You actually just compared the conflict in the Ukraine to an 18-year-old basketball player who grew up around the Northwestern program, whose parents are NU alums, and whose father helped the program to a landmark season. Someone chose to dump on that kid and that's seriously the best comparison you could come up with?
Thats just not remotely close to what he wrote.
He didn't compare anything.
He was talking about predicting bad things and how it doesn't give people satisfaction when those bad things actually happen.

Some people on this board actually operate with the belief that saying "I think we (NU) are going to get crushed tonight" means you hate NU.

Its the inability to separate what you want to happen from what you think is going to happen.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Cute - yup, like that's what I said. Or I pointed out how some people cannot take anyone predicting bad news. Perhaps this is how the dodo bird society recurs. Groups want to put blinders on and march happily around life denying anything bad could happen. And those that might say otherwise are doomsdayers that want to see the end of the world in order to derive self pleasure. Not quite the message I posted -- but I understand where it comes from.

I hope the evolution of twitter under musk leads to changes across more platforms, or that the recession kills off the weaker and antiquated lingering platforms. The one sided content control is simply Un-American. NU boasts one of the greatest media schools in the world and their main sports message Board is fiercely one-sided. Legal? Sure. Ethical? Not by standards of old.

It would be great if everyone interested in NU MBB, or NUFB, could come here an openly discuss their thoughts and feelings, with the exception of hate speech as well defined by our beloved American Court system. That all people, left or right, hopeless optimistic and angrily frustrated, could equally engage in back and forth with no preferred class of poster. It would be nice to sit in an American based business and post on an American based message board in a traditional American style and be proud of that. Instead, here we go with the mods attack on free speech - cuz, ya know, they are afraid of it...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT