ADVERTISEMENT

Porter Moser

He does not strike me as dumb. So, guessing he definitely has much more attractive alternatives, why would he want NU?
How many offers has he had since they went to the final four? How many? Gee there must be a reason.

Moser is a good man. Wish him well whatever he decides.
I have 3 daughters that graduated from Loyola. I remember when Moser was first hired he made an unbelievable effort to meet and talk to anyone about the program. He was in the dorms drumming student support.

incredible that ISU dumped him and are now saddled with Muller.

I have 3 daughters that graduated from Loyola. I remember when Moser was first hired he made an unbelievable effort to meet and talk to anyone about the program. He was in the dorms drumming student support.
I remember when Rick Venturi was first hired at NU. He also tried to drum up support. He visited the Friars at Hinman House and was spectacular. It didn't turn out so well.........

I remember when Rick Venturi was first hired at NU. He also tried to drum up support. He visited the Friars at Hinman House and was spectacular. It didn't turn out so well.........
Tom Crean was supposedly a master of drumming up support in the student body at Marquette. At least according to my non sports loving wife, who was at Marquette when he was there.

I guess just to add to your point. It does not make a coach good. Or bad. But it’s probably a very nice thing to have to try to build a culture

Also, I heard that Bill Foster did something similar to that when he got the NU job...your mileage may vary with this sort of thing.

Reactions: drewjin
That’s a nice shout from Fitz. Maybe he can recruit Moser since we don’t have an AD

Reactions: DaCat

I remember when Gary Barnett was first hired at NU. He also tried to drum up support. He visited the frats and held “fireside chats” and was spectacular. It turned out pretty well.........

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Hard not to root for Loyola. Love the way they attack the basket on every possession. Dribble-drive and kick-out, dribble-drive and kick-out, dribble-drive then layup or 3.

Figured this would be a tough one for the Illini. Loyola has a good team, can play loose as they're not the favorite, and I'm sure they'd like nothing better than to take down the state university.

Reactions: GatoLouco
Taking the Illini to the woodshed in the first half. Suffocating D as well.
They play smart offense but defense is probably their biggest strength.

Maybe they’ll fall apart in the 2nd half. Or maybe that will have been another Chicago(ish) team. I’m rooting for LUC

They play smart offense but defense is probably their biggest strength.

Maybe they’ll fall apart in the 2nd half. Or maybe that will have been another Chicago(ish) team. I’m rooting for LUC
And they don’t foul a ton. Just sound, great defense. And very efficient on offense. It’s easy to see how much better coached Loyola is compared to NU.

And they don’t foul a ton. Just sound, great defense. And very efficient on offense. It’s easy to see how much better coached Loyola is compared to NU.
NU had a sizable halftime lead this year against Illinois and then completely fell apart in the second half. Loyola is too disciplined to do that.

The Illini drop this one, and the B1G has officially crapped out this year. Wisconsin and Rutgers are big underdogs today, and I don't see Michigan going all the way without Livers.

• Sad
The Illini drop this one, and the B1G has officially crapped out this year. Wisconsin and Rutgers are big underdogs today, and I don't see Michigan going all the way without Livers.
Don't sleep on Maryland! ;)

Oh yeah, there's Iowa too, a team I predicted to win it all in one of my brackets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT