ADVERTISEMENT

PU @NU Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
The rivalry so fierce it was preserved as a protected cross-over game for years....

PU 13
NU 9

Last edited:
Reactions: NUCat320
I thought last week would be a game we could perhaps win but based on that performance and the fact our defense is very shorthanded and overworked I see Purdue winning 21 to 10

I have never before predicted an NU loss in one of these threads:

Purdue 28
Beloved Cats 6

Just haven't seen anything to give hope. And Purdue has played well in their last three games. We on the other hand...

I have seen no recent evidence of NU's offense being able to score more than 3 points, but I am going to be grossly optimistic and predict NU scores 13, but loses 17-13.

NU 13
PU 12

I don't see how we're going to score 13 points, but stranger things have happened.

Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago & St. Louis 13
Chicago and Northwestern 17

Somehow our offensive engine scores.

Reactions: rmndcat
I still love my Cats but I don't see this team putting it together this year. I suspect that even our talented defense is ready to hang it up. Something never happened on offense during the off season.

You guys have had our number lately, for sure. I'm a Purdue season ticket holder which precludes me from watching a lot of other games and I haven't seen NU play this year.

I know your offense is struggling, but we're down to our 3rd string QB, our best WR (Rondale Moore) has been out since September, and the next best guy (David Bell) is a game time decision. We've got a litany of other injuries, and I know you guys are pretty beat up too.

Our QB looked pretty solid in the last two drives against Nebraska last week, but I think your defense is better than theirs.

It may come down to a special teams play or defensive score to win it. I'll go with my heart:

Purdue 17
NU 16

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT