ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue

Aging Booster

Apr 10, 2014
I am very happy to see the resurgence at Purdue - for years a good rival for us and a nice road-trip destination for Chicagoans. It shows what a difference coaching makes at the college level. Purdue has not had a "good" recruiting class in years, yet just spanked Missouri. This is great for the Big Ten.

Reactions: rmndcat
I am very happy to see the resurgence at Purdue - for years a good rival for us and a nice road-trip destination for Chicagoans. It shows what a difference coaching makes at the college level. Purdue has not had a "good" recruiting class in years, yet just spanked Missouri. This is great for the Big Ten.

Brohm is doing a helluva job there so far. They've quickly removed themselves from the "automatic win" category for any of the Western Division teams this season.

Brohm is doing a helluva job there so far. They've quickly removed themselves from the "automatic win" category for any of the Western Division teams this season.

Agreed, that they are much improved, but they are still the third-worst Sagarin team in the BIG, ahead of only the Illini and Rutgers. They still use two QBs (and not for a good reason, imo). And I would wager that just about any FBS team (and even a lot of FCS teams) could have beaten Missouri the way they played yesterday (their win over Ohio was more impressive), and Louisville is shaping up to not nearly be as good as advertised (and awful defensively). The fact that it is such a great turnaround from last season thus far speaks more to how atrocious Purdue was last season than to how good they are this season, imo.

Sarcasm font? If not, I would wager on this, but you are out of screennames.
I'm serious. PU gave Louisville all they could handle and UM's offense is struggling. And I could care less about wagering on this as I really don't give a crap who wins.

Because Purdue's improvement means Illinois is unquestionably the worst team in the division, I'm pleased that they're getting better.

Reactions: ricko654321
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT